• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Maybe Orlando wants to teach D12 a lesson.

Wurider05

Sometimes people need to be taught a lesson. D12 is a diva. Orlando took on a bunch of bad contracts to appease him. Now he wants to leave and they would be stuck with the contracts of Turk and Jason Richardson. Why should they suffer alone. I would let him walk after the season was offer and cause him to lose 20+ million dollars. I would not give him what he wants. If he walks or if he is traded Orlando will suck either way for a while. Might as well get some personal gratification out of it. He plans on screwing them so they might as well screw him to.At this point in time they know what the offer are and the players involved. Why haven't they pulled the trigger yet?

Edited by Wurider05

Guest Walter

The carmelo offer wasn't there until the deadline if I recall but I can't understand any franchise wanting to play themselves out of the lottery that year, go through that kind of turmoil, and trade him for slightly more. I d@mn sure wouldn't be trading Dwight to NJ but I can also understand their reluctance to watch and play against Dwight here. Having said that, Orlando has played this poorly from the start, even before DH wanted out. Since then, they've waffled, flipped, hawed, and snipped. I don't have much sympathy for them even when it comes to how DH treated them. Frankly, if DH wasn't so talented, they sort-of deserve each other. W

Edited by Walter

• Premium Member

Well it seems that Orlando will have to go into the season with Howard. Their only other option is to move him now for a package that may only satisfy a few and not all of their goals. No one is going to give up the farm while at the same time assuming the likely risk of him just walking away or trying to wreck your franchise by trying to force his way out.

Edited by Jody23

• Premium Member

Orlando loses every day it doesn't trade him. They dilly dallied around and now the Nets are out of it as potential trade partners until Jan 15th. Starting next summer you can't S&T to teams 4 million over the luxury tax which means he can't go to the Nets or Lakers. All this is doing is literally costing Orlando advantage every day it gets closer to the trading deadline. I don't know if they think a team will completely overpay like the Knicks did to get Carmelo but they won't.To be honest I'm sick of talking about Dwight at this point. My only interest in him relates to the Hawks. I do think the Hawks have the best offer on the table if we are offering Horford/Teague or Horford/Harris plus two first rounders. I do think if Dwight came here and played with Josh he wouldn't leave because Ferry can easily sell him on playing in Atlanta with his best friend and having the cap space to get CP3 in the offseason.But man oh man am I sick of talking about Dwight for now.

At this point in time they know what the offer are and the players involved. Why haven't they pulled the trigger yet?

B/c NJ cannot deal Lopez intil January now and that is the only place Dwight has publically stated that he will resign with.

• Premium Member

I still don't think the Hawks have offered Horford. I don't think Ferry will give up Horf, valuable cap space and picks while at the same time taking on a bad contract and assuming the very real risk of Howard leaving. Horf isn't some throw away piece and Ferry knows it. So I believe the report that the Hawks insist the have not offered Horford.

• Like 1

Guest Walter

I still don't think the Hawks have offered Horford. I don't think Ferry will give up Horf, valuable cap space and picks while at the same time taking on a bad contract and assuming the very real risk of Howard leaving. Horf isn't some throw away piece and Ferry knows it. So I believe the report that the Hawks insist the have not offered Horford.

Please name the team Howard would leave us for, especially now that the Nets are in the LT. I'm no Larry Coon, but I don't get the concept that Howard would leave $25 million on the table to leave ATL much less when neither LA or NJ or any other major market (save maybe Dallas whose star is too old to pair with Howard IMO) has anywhere near the cap space to absorb his contract. I understand why Dwight might sacrifice the money to leave Orlando as they have nothing attractive about them given their bad contracts and absence of talent, but not ATL. Seriously, I'm waiting for ONE actual team that DH leaves ATL and $25 million on the table for. Just ONE. I've asked for this before. Anyone?

W

• Moderators

Dallas seems like they would be the biggest threat since he could walk. I haven't run the numbers, but I don't think he loses out on $25M if he goes there unless he gets hurt or loses his superstar status (i.e., the extra year is one he will end up getting anyway).