• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Agree to Trade For Korver

MrMeltdown

If it is a team option, then there is no fee for not picking up the option (same with player option and mutual option). In the NBA, the only time there is a "fee" is from deals that are not fully-guaranteed. I looked it up, Korver's deal is only $500k guaranteed this year so that is all that needs to be paid to Korver if a team wants to waive him. If they choose to do nothing, Korver costs $5m.

We are saying the same thing just differently lmao. I know if he is waived/cut the Bulls pay 1/2 million. I know if he is kept team pays him 5 million. I know all this and said all this three times now. Just differently. I assumed the guaranteed 500k was a known did not think I had to point it out. Edited by Buzzard

We are saying the same thing just differently lmao. I know if he is waived/cut the Bulls pay 1/2 million. I know if he is kept team pays him 5 million. I know all this and said all this three times now. Just differently. I assumed the guaranteed 500k was a known did not think I had to point it out.

I am pointing out it is not a team option, although you are failing to realize that. For practical purposes, you are describing the same situation but calling it the wrong thing. With a Team Option, there is no fee associated with not picking the option up. Now take a second and look over what you have been describing, when you say "if he is waived/cut the Bulls pay 1/2 million" does that imply there would be a fee? Yes? OK, then it isn't a Team Option. That is my point, you're just going to poo-poo the issue with a "rofl, its the same thing!" But it is not the same thing. If it was the same thing I wouldn't be correcting you correcting me. Which then makes it strange, you initially "corrected me" but were not actually correct. That is the only reason why I care to even continue with this issue to show you are wrong. (Petty? Yes, but also my third favorite Nascar driver)

I am pointing out it is not a team option, although you are failing to realize that.

And by every report I can find you are wrong. It is a option with 1/2 million guaranteed if he is waived/not picked up/ released what ever words you like to use.

The Bulls had until Sunday to pick up the $5 million team option on Korver, who said he’ll miss playing with Derrick Rose.

link: http://www.suntimes....mberwolves.html

Chicago had until Sunday to pick up Korver's $5 million option or pay him a $500,000 buyout.

Link: http://espn.go.com/c...r-atlanta-hawks Now if these and other sources are wrong I really don't give a rats ass. What is important is we get Korver for peanuts because the Bulls want to save 1/2 million dollars. If you want to debate verbage instead of the benefits of Korver, I am sure someone else will be happy to oblige. Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I am pointing out it is not a team option, although you are failing to realize that. For practical purposes, you are describing the same situation but calling it the wrong thing. With a Team Option, there is no fee associated with not picking the option up. Now take a second and look over what you have been describing, when you say "if he is waived/cut the Bulls pay 1/2 million" does that imply there would be a fee? Yes? OK, then it isn't a Team Option. That is my point, you're just going to poo-poo the issue with a "rofl, its the same thing!" But it is not the same thing. If it was the same thing I wouldn't be correcting you correcting me. Which then makes it strange, you initially "corrected me" but were not actually correct. That is the only reason why I care to even continue with this issue to show you are wrong. (Petty? Yes, but also my third favorite Nascar driver)

I think you got the "petty" part right.

• Premium Member

Question : Will people be upset that Korver doesn't exactly sound thrilled at the potential of being traded to the Hawks? If so, don't read any of his quotes.

ZOMG HE HATE ATLANTA AND THE FANZZZ WE SHOULD KILLZZZZZZ HIM!!!!!! - brought to you by the Overreact to Joe Johnson Interview Club

^^^Games like those from Josh is a huge reason I don't want see him with another team. When his inside/outside is really going, he's a BEAST!

Exactly!! This was against Durant and the Thunder!! No Joe Johnson, no Al Horford and Marvin really didn't show up when needed that game.

Question : Will people be upset that Korver doesn't exactly sound thrilled at the potential of being traded to the Hawks? If so, don't read any of his quotes.

He spent the whole article giving reverence to his former team. Perhaps he should have said that he hasn't been this excited since Utah instead?

I saw quotes about Rose after he thinks he was traded but the quotes about the Bulls were from months ago. Has this trade happened yet? He was supposed to get a physical today but Ive seen no confirmation this is a done deal.

• Moderators

I saw quotes about Rose after he thinks he was traded but the quotes about the Bulls were from months ago. Has this trade happened yet? He was supposed to get a physical today but Ive seen no confirmation this is a done deal.

Probably nothing from the teams tonight, but Slick Ric Bucher (ESPN) may leak some more info shortly:

Up soon, will tweet link: battle over Batum between TWolves and Blazers has ties to Roy and Martell Webster -- at least for Paul Allen... Should add: sources say they're linked. Also, Korver to wind up w/Hawks in Chi-Minn-Atl one-player deal.

~lw3

• Moderators

^^ Correction: actually nothing new, just more detail of how it was tied to the Batum issue for Minnesota.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8166952/sources-portland-trail-blazers-minnesota-timberwolves-odds-nicolas-batum

Batum's desire to leave Portland began last winter when the Blazers offered him an extension that averaged $5 million a year, a source said. That is less than half of what Minnesota is prepared to offer now.

The Timberwolves also tried to orchestrate a deal that would have sent small forward Kyle Korver to the Blazers, along with the future first-round picks, in a three-way deal involving the Chicago Bulls. That, too, was rejected by Portland.

Korver eventually was traded to the Atlanta Hawks as part of a three-team deal involving the Timberwolves on Friday night.

~lw3

If Korver is here on a one year deal and we can flip him for anything at the trade deadline then I'm fine with it. As long as we don't give him a new deal after the season it makes sense.

We may flip any number of expirings for multi years depending on how then season goes - Morrow, Harris, Korver, Petro, or Zaza. The worse the season, the more flipping. I see a 40 game winner again and little flipping, but it is all just assets to belayed with I guess.

• Moderators

http://www.nba.com/h...le-korver-bulls

Just ca$h, as some others have mentioned already. Wild that we're the ones spending it for once.

HAWKS ACQUIRE KYLE KORVER FROM THE BULLS

One of NBA’s Top All-Time Three-Point Threats Joins Atlanta Roster

ATLANTA, July 16, 2012 -The Atlanta Hawks have acquired veteran marksman Kyle Korver from the Chicago Bulls in exchange for cash considerations, it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations/GM Danny Ferry.

“I appreciate the toughness and the competitive energy Kyle brings to the game every night, and we’re very excited to add him to our team.” said Ferry. “Adding him makes shooting an even greater strength for our club.”

Korver spent the last two years with Chicago, where last season he put in 8.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg and 1.7 apg in 22.6 mpg (65 games, seven starts), and knocked down .432 FGs, .435 3FGs (10th in the NBA) and .833 FTs. In his nine-year career with Philadelphia, Utah and the Bulls, the 6-7 sharpshooter has averaged 9.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg and 1.6 apg in 24.2 mpg (.431 FG%, .413 3FG%, .877 FT%), and has hit 40%-or-better from behind the arc in all but three of his pro seasons.

He ranks tied for eighth among active players in three-point percentage, and has buried 1,134 in his career (regular season), placing him 21st among actives. In 2009-10 with the Jazz, he set a single-season NBA record, hitting .536 from downtown.

~lw3 Edited by lethalweapon3

http://www.nba.com/h...le-korver-bulls Just ca$h, as some others have mentioned already. Wild that we're the ones spending it for once. ~lw3

I just read that also. Nothing but peanuts and we got Korver. Good deal for us and a money saving deal for the Bulls. Link: http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/16/korver-hawks.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2