• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rejuvenated in Atlanta, Josh Smith holds out hope for Dwight Howard

GameTime

It's amazing to me the things people get out of these fluff pieces. Just like in politics the answers to the questions you can't take at face value. No, I don't want to be traded could mean just that, or it could mean that I don't want to create a media circus for my new team and go through what Dwight is going through. Also, him saying that he's not trying to recruit Dwight could be a poker game too. Do you really believe he calls Dwight up and just asks him how he's doing like he's Dwight's momma or something? Just because a player says something to the media doesn't mean it's true.

There's no way that we can afford to keep Al and Smoove plus add Dwight and CP3 or another max player as you're looking at $60-$70+ million in just those 4 players alone, which caps you out and gets you at or near the luxury tax and needing another 10 players to fill out the roster. If we want Dwight & CP3 then one of Al or Smoove are absolutely not going to be on the team.

• Moderators

We will be a good team. Joe is a great player on both sides but he's starting to show age on defense and its not like he was taking over many games last year. The drop off from the loss of Joe is way overblown. We played last year with a guard rotation of Teague/Hinrich and Joe. Our rotation now is light years ahead of that in terms of depth and shooting ability.

Are you telling me that he walked into a scheduled and taped interview that he and his agent had time to prepare for on Jim Rome and wasn't entirely truthful? Haters these days!

I said nothing of the sort I believe he no longer wants to be traded, which is what he said But I also believe that he DID previously request to be traded Evidence includes him dodging the question previously vs directly answering it now Evidence includes him not correcting the STILL want to be traded: he didnt deny he wanted to be; just confirmed that he doesn't want to be today

There's no way that we can afford to keep Al and Smoove plus add Dwight and CP3 or another max player as you're looking at $60-$70+ million in just those 4 players alone, which caps you out and gets you at or near the luxury tax and needing another 10 players to fill out the roster. If we want Dwight & CP3 then one of Al or Smoove are absolutely not going to be on the team.

Trade smoove for a cheaper but top 10-15 small forward and sign cp3/d12 in the summer

Trade smoove for a cheaper but top 10-15 small forward and sign cp3/d12 in the summer

If D12 comes here Smoove will be part of the reason. You should know this as a hawk fan. lol Haven't Danny prove to you that Smoove is the one key person in his plans? There is no way Danny and Wilcox would be doing this much talking with Smoove if he isn't the one key player they want the most. Sorry but you are going to have to deal with Smoove's awesome play/jumpers for years. lmbo! Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

I said nothing of the sort I believe he no longer wants to be traded, which is what he said But I also believe that he DID previously request to be traded Evidence includes him dodging the question previously vs directly answering it now Evidence includes him not correcting the STILL want to be traded: he didnt deny he wanted to be; just confirmed that he doesn't want to be today

I was being entirely sarcastic. I actually share your thoughts but was laughing that in two years of multiple reports and him basically admitting to it in this last interview that people want to hold onto the Rome interview as the only definitive evidence of him NEVER wanting out. It was the equivalent of a prepared statement.

Dwight, Al, Smoove, Jenkins, CP3...Lou as 6th man.

This isn't 2k12. Even in 2k12 you can barely get that done.

We will be a good team. Joe is a great player on both sides but he's starting to show age on defense and its not like he was taking over many games last year. The drop off from the loss of Joe is way overblown. We played last year with a guard rotation of Teague/Hinrich and Joe. Our rotation now is light years ahead of that in terms of depth and shooting ability.

Agree

If D12 comes here Smoove will be part of the reason. You should know this as a hawk fan. lol

Dwight has never mentioned smoove as someone he wants to play with...morrow and Stephen Jackson and cp3 and deron but not smoove Dwight comes here to play with cp3 and Morrow and horford next summer and contend....smoove gone won't matter nearly as much as the other factors

Dwight has never mentioned smoove as someone he wants to play with...morrow and Stephen Jackson and cp3 and deron but not smoove Dwight comes here to play with cp3 and Morrow and horford next summer and contend....smoove gone won't matter nearly as much as the other factors

• Like 1

Haven't Danny prove to you that Smoove is the one key person in his plans? There is no way Danny and Wilcox would be doing this much talking with Smoove if he isn't the one key player they want the most. Sorry but you are going to have to deal with Smoove's awesome play/jumpers for years. lmbo!

Lol at "awesome jumpers" And danny hasn't proven smoove is his top priority...in first summer league game they were interviewing him an he was listing out important players and forgot smith and had to add in at the end oh yeah and smith is important too Danny is a metrics and value guy who isn't enamoured with inconsistent play

Oh, yes Dwight has. Dwight pushed Orlando to do a deal for Josh Smith this past year. Had Orlando gotten Smith, Dwight would be willing to stay. The only reason Dwight has not said anything public about playing with Josh Smith in Atlanta is because up until now, the Hawks had no direction, and Josh was likely wanting out. Now, Josh wants to stay, and will recruit his best friend and fellow home town ATLien to come play for the Hawks.

Link to where Dwight pushed orlando to get smoove?

You can't just make things up

http://www.hoopsworld.com/dwight-howard-spells-it-out-for-orlando

That said, the league’s best center by far still very much wants to be in Orlando, and he is willing to give them every opportunity to keep him. What that means to Dwight is that he wants the Magic to be contenders, and to that end Orlando has a short list of players they would like to add in an effort to return to contention. Atlanta’s Josh Smith, Philadelphia’s Andre Iguodala and Golden State’s Monta Ellis are on that list.

• Like 1