Merged: Andray Blatche anyone?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Josh and Blatche....

at the same damn time!

idk about that one

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

My brother up in northern VA watches a lot of Wizards games he didn't think highly of Blatche at all FWIW. He said Blatche never seemed to work on his body or his game and on top of that, was a terrible leader. The Wiz put a lot on his shoulders and he didn't handle it well at all. He had issues on and off the court for thw Wiz. The fact that the Wiz amestied him and publicly stated that he was not part of their future says it all. He's an intriguing prospect but I think the Hawks should pass on this one.

• Premium Member

My brother up in northern VA watches a lot of Wizards games he didn't think highly of Blatche at all FWIW. He said Blatche never seemed to work on his body or his game and on top of that, was a terrible leader. The Wiz put a lot on his shoulders and he didn't handle it well at all. He had issues on and off the court for thw Wiz. The fact that the Wiz amestied him and publicly stated that he was not part of their future says it all. He's an intriguing prospect but I think the Hawks should pass on this one.

In response to this post, the signing represent replacing Dampier and JaCo not Horford.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I know this guy has had some issues and was released by Washington. They now have an abundance of bigs on the roster and they let him go.I would take a look at him, we have no real bulk down low and this guy is a pretty big player by todays standards.He averaged 16/8 two years ago and might be a good scorer and rebounder off the bench.Your thoughts?

• Premium Member

This is his bio..........dont know what happened up there, was if after the Nene deal?Son of Angela Oliver…Changed his uniform number to #7 from #32 prior to the 2009-10 season…Did not play organized basketball until high school...Is a fixture at Wizards Basketball Camps and community events, including “Salute To The Stars,” “Wizards Halloween Treat,” “Abe’s Table,” and the annual Family-to-Family Holiday Delivery…Has also visited wounded persons at Andrews Air Force Base and Walter Reed Army Medical Center, spent time with families at the Ronald McDonald House of Northern Virginia and hosted a “Reading Time-Out” with students at a local elementary school…Participated in the “We Can!” program to promote a healthy lifestyle among children, and the “Our House, Our Rules” anti-violence writing challenge…Spent four years at Henninger High School in Syracuse, NY, before transferring to South Kent Prep (CT) for a fifth season...As a senior at Henninger, averaged 25.0 points, 18.0 rebounds and 8.0 blocks per game, and led his team to a 20-5 record…Averaged 27.5 points, 16.0 rebounds, and 6.0 blocks during his fifth-year campaign and guided South Kent to a 32-9 record…Earned co-MVP honors at the 2005 Jordan Classic.

I would have liked to sign Anthony Randolph, but Denver snagged him. I think Blatche is worth taking a look at. Doesn't mean we have to sign him, at least entertain the option. He may be a cancer, but people said the same thing about Jamal Crawford. And one of the biggest cancer's in the league right now is one that everyone wants....D12.