• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

All of the sudden I dont feel so good..........

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

about this whole thing........... I applaud the trade that moved JJ's contrat but If we dont get Howard the championship contending idea over the next 3 years is out the window, up in smoke. The roster we have at the moment is not a contender. I dont hink this is the roster we go to camp with. but We have to get a INSIDE scoring player.............period. We have shooters in the house now which I like but if you live by the jumper you DIE by the jumper. Weve been there done that. I really dont think any superstar free agent player is going to sign with us next summer. If we dont get one via trade its not happening. To all of those who say trade Josh and blow it up...........................theat means you HOPE to get a top pick in the lottery, and if you are LUCKY enough to get that top pick, you HOPE there is a potential superstar player to pick. Ive heard about enough of hope and change for a while............................

Never worry... Capspace will come in and lead the league in points and assists!! Unfortunately, capspace is not a player.

• Premium Member

We took a big hit in perimeter D, no doubt about that. But our perimeter offense I think has been improved dramatically with all the excellent 3pt shooters. For me it is almost a wash, which is why I think we will still be a playoff team. But the elite teams will be eating our lunch again, if no other major trades take place this season.

That's very optimistic. Let's see how our newfound perimeter shooting reacts to pressure. We made ourselves into a jump shooting team. My guess is that we will be very shaky.

• Premium Member

I know I've been guilty in the past of being negative, but dang...we need to add a new Melancholy Forum. Getting a "superstar" is no guarantee of anything. How many rings does Charles Barkley have? How about Karl Malone? I could go on and on listing so-called "superstars" who never got rings, but hopefully you get the point.

Barkley and Malone have both been past the second round. Both have been past the third round. Both have won an nba finals game. You mentioned the Celtics. When they found that their young team wasn't good enough... they traded away youth and prospect for stars and won a championship. We traded away our star for youth and prospects. Edited by Diesel

• Premium Member

Are we a championship team? No Do we have money to spend? Yes Does anyone really know how good the team will be this year? No Does everyone think they know everything? Yes

Two more questions... Does anyone really know how good we were last year? Healthy,,,, Does our money mean anything? I will start paying attention when D-12 comes walking through that door.

• Premium Member

It's only going to happen through the draft. Which apparently Danny Ferry is not intelligent enough to understand. He thinks he will build a championship team through FA and he WILL BE WRONG.

That's a very Naive view Only San Antonio and Houston (I guess) have won a championship through the draft. Most teams trade their way into championship.

Two more questions... Does anyone really know how good we were last year? Healthy,,,, Does our money mean anything? I will start paying attention when D-12 comes walking through that door.

I agree. The money means very little when players don't want to come here. And hate to say it but Dwight ain't coming man.