• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Did we pull the chute to soon?

HawkItus

If we had been able to get one of those bigs, I would have been onboard with keeping the core. But how were we going to get one of those quality bigs (they dont come cheap) with barely any cap space for a measly bench filled with vet mins? Once again, all this ties back to how much of a hindrance Joe's contract was. If Sund or Joe would have considered giving him less money in the sixth year of that max contract, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Once again I don't blame Joe for getting paid. its is what it is and we must look ahead and put ourselves in position for the future.

Dalembert was simply signed by Houston last summer and he was traded this year for a chance to move up like two spots in the draft. Camby just signed for a mid level type deal. I am not here to argue but I think it is safe to say if Ferry can dump a extra year of Marvin then we could have found a way to get a mobile athletic C.

I always thought the same thing, but we will never know and we must move forward. Regretting the past will never get us to where we need to be in the future. The one good thing to Ferry's plan is we can always continue to fix our needs. Now let's see how well he fixes a few glaring holes he created.

What is Ferry's plan? I agree with most of what you just posted, but none of us really know what the guys plan is and if you say cap space is the plan. I must simply state that is one of the most ignorant and short-sighted plans ever and it statistically is destined to fail. How many teams have built a ECFinals team or better with the clear the books and have money to offer FA's approach? How many have tried it? The odds are totally against that method.

What is Ferry's plan? I agree with most of what you just posted, but none of us really know what the guys plan is and if you say cap space is the plan. I must simply state that is one of the most ignorant and short-sighted plans ever and it statistically is destined to fail. How many teams have built a ECFinals team or better with the clear the books and have money to offer FA's approach? How many have tried it? The odds are totally against that method.

I think his plan is flexibility. He wants to be able to at least acquire players when the opportunity presents itself.Most likely this will be done through trades because not many top tier players think of Atlanta as the place to be. As far as teams clearing space to get free agents to build a championship, you are correct that their is not many. Miami is the only team that comes to mind. But most rebuilding teams have no other choice but to start over. We are just a bit different because we want to have a team that wins during rebuilding, and that is a big choir to accomplish.