• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Predictions

AHF

• Moderators

Starting this thread for people to post predictions for the upcoming season. Naturally, I am starting with what may be the worst set of predictions: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1270254-winloss-projections-for-every-nba-team Here are the East predictions from Lindsey Young on BleacherReport: Atlanta 55 - 27 (discusses acquiring Kyle Korver but not losing JJ) Boston 50 - 32 Brooklyn 42-40 (discusses acquiring Tyshawn Taylor but omits acquiring JJ) Charlotte 36-46 Chicago 62-20 Cleveland 29-53 Detroit 35-47 Indiana 60-22 Miami 61-21 Milwaukee 48-34 New York 51-31 Orlando 42-40 Philadelphia 45-37 Toronto 38-44 Washington 30-52 Collective Record of the East: 684 - 546: 55.6%

• Moderators

Dude is a dumbass, he has more wins than losses. It should be a 1:1 ratio

I agree that this number is moronic as it assumes that the West wins less than 45% of its total games (to make up for the > 55% he has the East winning) but it is at least theoretically possible.

No, he is saying we win 55.6% of our games against the west, so not 1:1....that only happens if we exactly tie the west

No, he is saying that the Eastern Conference collectively will finish with 138 more wins than losses.

I think we are at 45 +/- 2 win team. Get a better SF on the roster and that increases to around 50.What I can imagine from this team right now is that they're going to be an annoying bunch to play. The small, quick backcourt is really going to bother some teams. It is going to get us killed against the bigger teams.In terms of the report, i agree 62 wins for Chicago is assinine. Guy must have run some simulation and didn't account for Rose being out.

Bucks won 47% of there games last year Bogut only played 12 games. They have a smallish backcourt and no post game. I think we will look slightly better than them. I got us going 42-40.

I dont want to say a specific number to what our record to be but we will be around .500. and finish 8th. I expect it to be a typical hawks season.We are going to start the season HOT. (top 3 3-point shooting team, top 5 offensive team)we are going to be the number 3 seed for a few weeks then mid season we are going to fall off pretty bad so bad that it looks like we wont make the playoffs. We some how make the playoffs as the 8th seed then lose in the 1st round.

• Moderators

Dude is a dumbass, he has more wins than losses. It should be a 1:1 ratio

Actually its a chick that wrote the article and it is bleacher report guys... everyone knows Bulls w/o Rose is only getting 50 wins and Indiana, although a good squad, gets 55 tops. Hawks aren't getting 55 either and Brooklyn will be north of 50. I have the Hawks going 45-37 and being a 6th seed in the East.

I agree that this number is moronic as it assumes that the West wins less than 45% of its total games (to make up for the > 55% he has the East winning) but it is at least theoretically possible. No, he is saying that the Eastern Conference collectively will finish with 138 more wins than losses.

If you tally up the total number of wins and losses from each team in both confrences according to his article, there are still more wins than losses.

• Moderators

If you tally up the total number of wins and losses from each team in both confrences according to his article, there are still more wins than losses.

That doesn't surprise me in the least. The reason I tallied the East was that it looked ridiculously lopsided to wins over losses. I just didn't care enough to add in the Western teams.

I expect us to play, at worst, .500 ball. That = 41 wins.If we stay healthy, a 50 win season doesn't sound too unreasonable.So, that leads me to believe 44 - 46 wins should be about where we end up.Now, if we make some big moves along the way, all bets are off.We ain't great but we ain't as bad as some want to believe.

• Like 1

Actually its a chick that wrote the article and it is bleacher report guys... everyone knows Bulls w/o Rose is only getting 50 wins and Indiana, although a good squad, gets 55 tops. Hawks aren't getting 55 either and Brooklyn will be north of 50. I have the Hawks going 45-37 and being a 6th seed in the East.

See, this is where I scratch my head again.

Bulls lose Rose for pretty much the season. These are their other moves

Jul 24 Marco Belinelli SG Signed as Free Agent by Chicago

Jul 23 Kirk Hinrich G/PG/SG Signed as Free Agent by Chicago J

ul 19 Vladimir Radmanovic F Signed as Free Agent by Chicago (One-year contract)

Jul 16 Kyle Korver GF Traded from Chicago to Atlanta (For cash)

Jul 10 C.J. Watson PG Declined to Pick Up Option by Chicago (Team declined to pick up team option)

Jul 10 Ronnie Brewer GF Declined to Pick Up Option by Chicago (Team declined to pick up option)

Jul 1 Brian Scalabrine FC Declared Free Agency by Chicago

Jul 1 John Lucas PG Declared Free Agency by Chicago

Gained in Red, lost in green. Per this post, Chicago minus Rose, Asik, Korver, Watson, Brewer but add Marco, Kirk and Vlad is still 50 wins but Atlanta plays 82 game 50 win ball last year, loses JJ and Marvin but Gets back Horford and adds Lou, Korver, Harris and they're supposed to take a step back?

Edited by thecampster