• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Predictions

AHF

• Moderators

ESPN Video -- Hollinger's Profiles: Cary Chow joins J-Ho for about a minute as the latter discusses our Fine Feathered Friends... How do all the small guards fit? And what's going on with the top of John's bookshelf?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8409407

~lw3

Win total of the #8 team in the East since 2004 - 05 ( when Josh Smith came into the league )2005: New Jersey ( 42 )2006: Milwaukee ( 40 )2007: Orlando ( 40 )2008: Atlanta ( 37 )2009: Detroit ( 39 )2010: Chicago ( 41 )2011: Indiana ( 37 )2012: Philadelphia ( 43* ) . . . . adjusted to an 82 game season. They won 53% of their games last year and won 35 gamesAverage number of wins to get that #8 seed: approx 40 winsThis is actually hard to call. If the Hawks struggle right out the gate, it's not like we're going to make some blockbuster trade to improve the team. Ferry could very easily ride the bad season out, and get as good of a draft pick as possible. On the flip side, if we're round 6 - 8th in the East for the entire year, Ferry could do "tweak trade" . . or even pull the trigger on a Josh Smith or Jeff Teague trade that brings in a better player(s).I like watching my sports teams in the playoffs. I don't like watching the NBA Draft Lottery in May. So I'll say that the Hawks get that 8th seed, with a 39 - 43 record. The West is still extremely strong, while the East is top heavy strong. The Hawks don't win 45 or more games, unless Horford or Smith really elevate their games. It's going to be up to them to keep us at playoff level, because I doubt most of the new additions will have that kind of impact.

Or let's play it like this.

Which team would you rather have . . .

2012 Hawks

PG - Teague

G - Harris

F - Smith

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

6th - Williams ( G )

7th - Korver ( F )

8th - Ivan ( F/C )

9th - Morrow ( G/F )