• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Ferry (crazy like) a Fox?

DJlaysitup

I remember many times in the good old days when D and I would argue that one of the big problems with the Hawks was their inability to get players who fit in with each other and establish an "identity". For so long we had a team that - if we replaced one or two guys and got another we could be a big halfcourt power team - or we could do the opposite and become a smaller running team.

We had the hodge-podge that BK left us with and didn't do anything decisive either way.

Now we have done that. We have gotten rid of our two "slow down guys" ...JJ and Duck...and are obviously moving towards a smaller/faster team. We basically have all fast/quick guys and all the starters are in their physical prime.

IF they can handle it...they should be able to run most teams off the court....JMHO Posted Image

• Premium Member

I agree. We have to get rebounders and ball defenders. We actually have gone the opposite direction of that. We got less defensive. We will be fast but limited to what we could do in the halfcourt. By this years makeup, that's a jump shooting team.The truth is:... Either.1. This team is a temporary team looking to land a big fish with mucho money.2. This team is a temporary team looking to start over in the draft.Therefore, this team was not put together to win now.

• Like 1

Rebounds and turnovers start fast breaks. You have to get those first.

Which is why this team has replaced a non rebounding, non turnover forcing shooting guard that was being paid $20+ million. The combo of Devin Harris and Lou Williams at shooting guard will rebound better and force more turnovers than Joe Johnson did. The only area where we will have a significant decline in rebounding is at small forward with Marvin gone.

Which is why this team has replaced a non rebounding, non turnover forcing shooting guard that was being paid $20+ million. The combo of Devin Harris and Lou Williams at shooting guard will rebound better and force more turnovers than Joe Johnson did. The only area where we will have a significant decline in rebounding is at small forward with Marvin gone.

Is the 6'6" 220lb Alonzo Gee the answer at SF? Just turned 25, 43% shooter, 80% free throw shooter, attempts less than 2 threes a game, good defense, can get ya 11 and 5 every night. Those are Marv's stats at half the price. Edited by hazer

• Moderators

We were a jump shooting team anyway. Might as well load up on guys who can actually hit them consistently. Honestly our biggest issue is going to be chemistry with a bunch of guys trying to play for their next contract. It may be a mess. I'm still optimistic though.

I agree. We have to get rebounders and ball defenders. We actually have gone the opposite direction of that. We got less defensive. We will be fast but limited to what we could do in the halfcourt. By this years makeup, that's a jump shooting team. The truth is:... Either. 1. This team is a temporary team looking to land a big fish with mucho money. 2. This team is a temporary team looking to start over in the draft. Therefore, this team was not put together to win now.

hell last year we were a jumpshooting team. This year though we have better shooters and a weakness defensively at the 3.