• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bynum is coming next season

red2play

http://www.lakersnation.com/dwight-howard-in-purple-and-gold-i-still-wouldnt-bet-on-it/2012/07/22/

When ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher reported Thursday that Dan Fegan, Dwight Howard’s agent, told him that Dwight will test free agency at the end of next season, many Lakers fans dismissed it. The reason being that Dwight can sign for much more money at the end of next season than if he were to sign an extension right now. While that’s absolutely true, you have to realize that the same applies to Andrew Bynum and Bynum is he only blue chip asset the Lakers currently have that anyone wants. Even though I totally agree with the reports saying the Lakers feel confident that Dwight will re-sign with them, the same can’t be said about Bynum in either Cleveland or Houston. Not when Dallas will have plenty of cap space again next summer. Same as Atlanta, where Bynum lives in the off-season. Bynum can tell Cleveland that he’d strongly consider signing an extension, but that won’t prevent him from entertaining offers elsewhere.

Bynum lives here and we have the money. THIS IS COMING FROM LAKER NATION who has the inside track on Bynum's wishes. Who else lives here? Chris Paul. Who wouldn't like to see

CP3

(good defensive SG)

JSmooth

Horford

Bynum

I'm not the biggest fan of either guy, but that's a damn formidable lineup if healthy. Didn't know they both lived here. Saw Chris Paul at Lenox and he came off as a douche: Bentley, bodyguard, requesting that stores lock the doors when he came. Eh.

http://www.lakersnat...-it/2012/07/22/

When ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher reported Thursday that Dan Fegan, Dwight Howard’s agent, told him that Dwight will test free agency at the end of next season, many Lakers fans dismissed it. The reason being that Dwight can sign for much more money at the end of next season than if he were to sign an extension right now. While that’s absolutely true, you have to realize that the same applies to Andrew Bynum and Bynum is he only blue chip asset the Lakers currently have that anyone wants. Even though I totally agree with the reports saying the Lakers feel confident that Dwight will re-sign with them, the same can’t be said about Bynum in either Cleveland or Houston. Not when Dallas will have plenty of cap space again next summer. Same as Atlanta, where Bynum lives in the off-season. Bynum can tell Cleveland that he’d strongly consider signing an extension, but that won’t prevent him from entertaining offers elsewhere.

Bynum lives here and we have the money. THIS IS COMING FROM LAKER NATION who has the inside track on Bynum's wishes. Who else lives here? Chris Paul. Who wouldn't like to see

CP3

(good defensive SG)

JSmooth

Horford

Bynum

Other than CP3, I can realistically see this happening. Another thing no one seems to mention is whatever team has the rights to Howard or Bynum this year has the best shot at keeping them because they can offer the most money and years. So even if they want to sign with another team, their's a likely chance of a sign and trade. Same as Lebron in Cleveland.

Not sure if I'm alone in this view but I feel like Bynum is really overrated. I mean I watched him play a ton and I just don't see whatever else people see in him. He plays with Kobe and Gasol. They get a lot of attention so he should actually dominate. He is injury prone. He has a very nonchalant attitude, seems uninterested. Very inconsistent. I mean I guess we lack a lot of talent at the center position in the NBA these days and that's why I'm guessing he is labeled as the 2nd best center behind Dwight, but honestly if he came to the Hawks it would be a huge risk on our part. I mean if somehow he did, we would definitely need a CP3 to come as well. He needs a playmaker otherwise to me he wouldn't perform well. I would rather go the route of Dwight, or just build with Horford and Smoove and through other free agents or the draft.

Not sure if I'm alone in this view but I feel like Bynum is really overrated. I mean I watched him play a ton and I just don't see whatever else people see in him. He plays with Kobe and Gasol. They get a lot of attention so he should actually dominate. He is injury prone. He has a very nonchalant attitude, seems uninterested. Very inconsistent. I mean I guess we lack a lot of talent at the center position in the NBA these days and that's why I'm guessing he is labeled as the 2nd best center behind Dwight, but honestly if he came to the Hawks it would be a huge risk on our part. I mean if somehow he did, we would definitely need a CP3 to come as well. He needs a playmaker otherwise to me he wouldn't perform well. I would rather go the route of Dwight, or just build with Horford and Smoove and through other free agents or the draft.

Bynum is not someone I get too excited about. He's injury prone and seems to do what he wants on the court. Remember that Brown sat him last season to get him to stop taking 3 pointers. Sigh, another big that wants to prove he can stretch the floor. No thanks.

Bynum is definitely max talent, but mentally is he prepared to be max talent ? I like him a lot, but like Pau he has a special way of disappearing in games.

this....I hoestly think he's better offensively than howard and is just slightly above average on defense

• Moderators

Remember that Brown sat him last season to get him to stop taking 3 pointers. Sigh, another big that wants to prove he can stretch the floor. No thanks.

It is true they had that argument but a difference between Bynum and Josh is that Bynum got rapped and spent his time in the paint. Bynum 11.7 shots per game under 10 feet and 1.5 shots per game > 10 feet. Total 3pt attempts on the season: 5. Total 3pt attempts over his 6 year career: 9. Josh 7.8 shots per game under 10 feet and 8.6 shots per game > 10 feet. Total 3pt attempts on the season: 109. Total 3pt attempts over his 8 year career: 741. I know you weren't making a direct comparison but there is no reason to say, "I don't want yet another big man who wants to float on the perimeter" when discussing Bynum. The main concern for me is injury history.

• Premium Member

I'm not the biggest fan of either guy, but that's a damn formidable lineup if healthy. Didn't know they both lived here. Saw Chris Paul at Lenox and he came off as a douche: Bentley, bodyguard, requesting that stores lock the doors when he came. Eh.

Just watching the interviews you can tell the man has an ego second to none. Still, the way he plays ball, I could overlook it.

• Admin

It is true they had that argument but a difference between Bynum and Josh is that Bynum got rapped and spent his time in the paint. Bynum 11.7 shots per game under 10 feet and 1.5 shots per game > 10 feet. Total 3pt attempts on the season: 5. Total 3pt attempts over his 6 year career: 9. Josh 7.8 shots per game under 10 feet and 8.6 shots per game > 10 feet. Total 3pt attempts on the season: 109. Total 3pt attempts over his 8 year career: 741. I know you weren't making a direct comparison but there is no reason to say, "I don't want yet another big man who wants to float on the perimeter" when discussing Bynum. The main concern for me is injury history.

Agree the injury history worries me as does maturity.