• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What's our starting lineup?

Wurider05

From reading and listening to interviews it seems as though the hawks will start to small guards.Teague and Harris will probably be the starters in the back court. We know Smoove and Horford will start but will they be a SF/PF combo or PF/C combo. Seeing as we haven't picked up a starting quality SF I assume Ferry wants Smoove at SF. So Zaza will start at C with Petro backing him.TeagueHarrisSmithHorfordZaza

• Premium Member

Teague will most likely be the starter. While Harris will definitely play significant minutes, if the roster stays the same as it is now, I don't think he's a lock to be the other starting guard as he will have to compete with four other guys who are not only natural shooting guards, but are also better long distance shooters. This could change if another move is made, but right now, Morrow is my pick to start at the 2.

From reading and listening to interviews it seems as though the hawks will start to small guards.Teague and Harris will probably be the starters in the back court. We know Smoove and Horford will start but will they be a SF/PF combo or PF/C combo. Seeing as we haven't picked up a starting quality SF I assume Ferry wants Smoove at SF. So Zaza will start at C with Petro backing him. Teague Harris Smith Horford Zaza

yes this is the starting lineup based off ferry's comments that the ball is going to be in teague and harris hands alot BUT then again that could mean harris and teague split minutes at the point or that harris will be on the bench with lou and they will get a ton of minutes and we would start morrow or jenkins. In all honesty i see the hawks splitting minutes ALOT unless teague or harris show that they are a full time starters and what i mean by that is that they become or get close to all star like talent other than that minutes will and should be split among ALL guards. will LD do this? i think he is capable of doing it now that he doesnt have johnson! things just change alot when Joe isnt around anymore

Terrible problem for the Hawks.Before all the trading, we knew, basically, who our starting five were.With two former starters traded away, everything has changed.The terrible problem is: We have so many good players, we don'tknow which way to turn. More than one or two of the new guys couldmake a real case as to why he should be a starter.Then, we don't know if the remainder of our old players will start orcome off the bench. Someone said, in another post, our starterswill be weaker but our bench will be much stronger. I agree.Another thing to consider, and this is the real question, who will be onthe floor to finish games. I'm sure this will change from game to gameagainst different teams but, this will be the critical part of our new team.Note: Quicker and faster. There is a difference and we may have gainedin both. Hawks are smaller. Big will run you over but small and quick youhave to catch and sometimes that ain't easy.Some of our big, slower opponents will become tired just thinking abouthaving to face these Hawks. We're going to be THAT good!!GO HAWKS!!

Cool curve all idea BUT in my opinion. I'm not an expert. That is a TERRible defensive group only because it is REAL small and korver is kind of slow. Lol. I wouldn't mind it if Stevenson started for defense at small forward

Personally, I'd go Harris-Stephenson-Josh-Al-Zaza. Lou is comfortable off the bench. I just couldn't start Teague over a past Finals starter on one team and All-Star on another just entering his prime.

Stevenson is a bum...I wouldnt be surprised if he gets cut...but no he definitely wont start

I think it should be...TeagueHarrisKorver/Morrow/StevensonSmithHorfordHarris and Teague are too good not to start so they are both in. Smoove shouldn't play sf so he's our pf. Only question to me would be at small forward. It's a toss up between Korver, Morrow and Stevenson unless Ferry gets us a quality 3. I think Drew should try each one of those three guys at small forward for the first few weeks and see which one deserves it more. Either that or determine who deserves in more during training camp. I guess if you want a potent offense in the starting lineup you would go with Korver or Morrow. If you want to clamp down on defense you would go with Stevenson. Either way we are gonna have a lot of firepower off the bench. I'm really hoping we can get a couple big beefy girthy guys like a Dejuan Blair. Seems like we have a lot of fragile finess outside shooter, we need some muscle. Horford needs some help up front. Work your magic Ferry and get us Blair. As LW stated in another thread, I'd be willing to give Ivan and a future 2nd round pick for Dejuan. Not sure if Spurs would do it but I think Popavich might help Ferry out and give us a good deal. Maybe that is wishful thinking but who knows. :-)Man, I'm really excited for this upcoming season. Seems like the first time in about 5 or 6 years that we are a totally different team than the previous season. LETS GO HAWKSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool curve all idea BUT in my opinion. I'm not an expert. That is a TERRible defensive group only because it is REAL small and korver is kind of slow. Lol. I wouldn't mind it if Stevenson started for defense at small forward

I don't think we have any lineup that won't be worse than last year defensively and we're definitely going to be small. I also don't see Stephenson having any role or regular minutes on this team unless he becomes the player he was 2-3 years ago and I highly doubt that's possible.

Spud2nique. YOU got it!!! I'm not the coach so I don't "know" but why would zaza start when he'll play 20 as josh and Al s backup? He will give essentially the same thingTo me Stevenson is the defender. Morrow is the athlete and korver is the shooter. Personally I prefer Stevenson or morrow with korver always coming off the bench

I really think we are closer to the pistons now than before. More balanced....PLEASE don't confuse my thoughts with a defensive team. I think we are a good scoring team with average defense. I think the pistons were the exact opposite.

Stevenson is a bum...I wouldnt be surprised if he gets cut...but no he definitely wont start

True, he is a bum overall, but our best/ most versatile perimeter defender by a considerable margin of the guards. In my book, rings count for something, and he has one as a starter. I've virtually never seen Anthony Morrow play, so I can't speak on him with any intelligence.