• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Do we really need a center center?

clicklandshopping

absolutely we need a center look at the last 5 champions b4 the heat they were all big teams. Lakers bynum/gasol celtics KG/perkins, mavs Dirk/Chandler, spurs tim duncan/nazr muhammed, heat Shaq with alonzo off the bench. All those teams had tough inside presence. Offensively and defensively. The heat are a freak team with superstar wings who can score in the post and draw fouls. So unless we get superstar wings that can draw fouls and score in the post , and get favorable calls. ABSOLUTELY we need a true center.

So who are we getting then? I'm not talking about next season. If Fab was there at 23, we most likely would've gotten him. We pasted on Ezeli which disappointed me, but I guess they felt we have a so called All-star center on the team already.

We need a center more just to get Horford over to 4 than we need a center for production. Hell, we could pick up ACL-less Dajuan Blair and I'd be happy with it. Horford is so much more valuable as a PF than a C. Sure, he has gone to the All-Star game as a center and has been productive at that spot, but I feel he could do so much more if he was free from the burden of guarding taller, heavier players. Horf is 6'10", 250. We need a center that is 270+, or an athletic beast like Dwight. I'd rather see Pachulia start at C than to go through another season of seeing our best player playing the wrong position.

I totally agree with your comments. I think we just need a center that plays defense, rebound and finishes around the hoop and on the break. Anything else would be a great bonus. And I think ZaZa showed last year he can do that until we find someone better.

• Premium Member

LOL @ "stolen from Pat Summitt" I'm University of Tennessee Alumni . . . and that's been my sig for about 4 years now. Pat was absolutely right when she said that. What Pat teaches is that no matter how bad you're playing offensively, you can not only still be in the game, but even WIN the game . . if you play DEFENSE and REBOUND the basketball. Because defense and rebounding can lead to quick offense going the other way, or give you 2nd chance opportunities to score the basketball. It can also create quick runs that can blow a game open, or get you back into a game.

UT alum here also! Go Vols

Posted Image

We got a center center already! A 7-footer at that (6'6" from the eyebrows down, sure, but who's counting?), and a definite upgrade from the statsheet binary codes we got from JaCo. That's center center enough.

Only questions remaining:

*Was Rick Sund advising on this portion of the trade?

* Does the lack of acknowledgement about the Hawks on his official site and his Twitter suggest he knows to keep his luggage packed? https://twitter.com/frenchi27

* If he stays, is Zaza going to let "27" have his jersey number? http://www.johanpetro27.com/

~lw3

Well if he goes packing or we get a starter at the 3 position, either Josh is being traded or Al will be playing center this year with ZaZa.

Andray Blatche and Chris Anderson are available for te vet. minimum. Spurs and Heat are looking at Blatche. But he wants to play an up and coming team so he can get a bigger contract.It's a gamble. He's reportedly working out and taking blame for the Wiz season but on court he's only shown he's a nutcase.

Andray Blatche and Chris Anderson are available for te vet. minimum. Spurs and Heat are looking at Blatche. But he wants to play an up and coming team so he can get a bigger contract. It's a gamble. He's reportedly working out and taking blame for the Wiz season but on court he's only shown he's a nutcase.

Blatche does have big contract talent but needs to prove himself as a team player. If I was his agent I would sign a 1yr vet min contact to a up and coming team where he can prove himself. Anderson is another good option but very short term solution because of his age. Edited by clicklandshopping