• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

any certain reason why some of you guys are high on alonzo gee?

JTB

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AiWj2e.ccSDf42rTMPwpF_ikvLYF?gid=2012031805This game...next to last game against the Hawks last year. 20/9 in 36 minutes. That's why they are high on him. What they forget is the the next game against the Hawks he was 1-9 for 9 points but with 13 rebounds. He just needs work.

• Moderators

Needs work... might as well work here. However, neither exception will be used to acquire him, so it'll have to be a S&T to make it work. Saving a little bit of rehashing... http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/371259-gee-whiz-is-another-sf-option-soon-to-be-available/ ~lw3

• Premium Member

I'm very curious on why some of you want this guy so bad! I'm mean I have seen him play but what stands out about him besides the fact that he is young? I mean can he be a legit starter or something?

I will tell you why. Some people here want Gee so bad because he's young, he has a pulse, he's a SF and he's available for cheap. That's it. It's more of that Koolaid.
  • Like 2

• Admin

I will tell you why. Some people here want Gee so bad because he's young, he has a pulse, he's a SF and he's available for cheap. That's it. It's more of that Koolaid.

He could be a nice piece. If we get a legitimate sf next year he would also give us depth off the bench. For this year he would be a nice quality cheap option at this position.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

"OH YEAHHHHH!" ;)

Also, the basis of my Gee/Casspi hypothesis:

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cavaliers/cleveland-cavaliers-1.275356/report-cavs-nearing-agreement-with-miles-on-two-year-deal-1.324487

Gee’s agent, Andre Buck, said Gee would be fine signing the one-year tender if the two sides can’t agree on a longer deal. Gee would then be an unrestricted free agent following the 2012-13 season.

~lw3

Think diesel just loves to hate on small forwards!?

Diesel just loves to hate... period. Doesn't matter who it is. If we don't have all-stars and US Olympic players then he will hate. And he seems to hate a lot of them too.

I haven't seen much of him at to make a decision but what I have heard is positive. He is and athletic , defensive wing player who is good in transition and can create his own shot. I've heard he would fit the mold of player we are looking for, and he's young with a high ceiling. The only negative I've heard is he isn't a great jumpshooter.

I haven't seen much of him at to make a decision but what I have heard is positive. He is and athletic , defensive wing player who is good in transition and can create his own shot. I've heard he would fit the mold of player we are looking for, and he's young with a high ceiling. The only negative I've heard is he isn't a great jumpshooter.

LOL well for that 1 negative part we can actually make up for that as we have several shooters......by what most you guys are saying the guy is growing on me. I mean I knew him and I watched him but didnt really pay much attention....in the words of the late great Bernie Mac "I know him....but I dont know him" ~kings of comedy~

• Premium Member

He could be a nice piece. If we get a legitimate sf next year he would also give us depth off the bench. For this year he would be a nice quality cheap option at this position.

But here's the issue. If we didn't have a hole at Sf, nobody would be mentioning Gee. This is what we Hawks fans like to do. We like to look at where we are deficient and then plug somebody in and then Justify them as the next great ______. I don't have a problem with Gee. I was answering the question of why is there so much hype about Gee. My answer is straight truth. What I want is for Hawks fans to stop being so predictable. To stop trying to analyze need on a capspace and win shares basis. Can we do that? Do you know what the Hawks really need? The Hawks really need defenders. People who can play one on one defense. The Hawks really need to clear up the logjam at PF. The Hawks really need a low post presence. Before Hawks fans get out there Free agent list and statbooks.. What works better is to pinpoint who in the league really fits our needs weather they are available or not. Then we can start to talk about a real fit vs. a contrived fit.

• Moderators

Do you know what the Hawks really need? The Hawks really need defenders. People who can play one on one defense. The Hawks really need to clear up the logjam at PF. The Hawks really need a low post presence. Before Hawks fans get out there Free agent list and statbooks.. What works better is to pinpoint who in the league really fits our needs weather they are available or not. Then we can start to talk about a real fit vs. a contrived fit.

And after your pinpointing leaguewide eyeball test, you came up with WHO? (I'm turning into an owl here with all this "WHO?" lately) If you're fine at SF with Korver and Morrow and occasionally Smoove out of position defensively, great! But otherwise we really need defenders at SF, too. There are such players (Gee, Derrick Brown) that fit that need and are available, and they've been mentioned for weeks. Who (there's that word again) are the low-post-banging C's that are available that address your specific concern? Is this a bench player or a starter? And if it's a starter, which one of Horford or Smoove are you benching to address this now-exacerbated logjam? ~lw3 Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Ditto. Fans went nuts over the one great game that Jordan Crawford had and turned him into a god... He's doing all right in Washington, but he is no one to bank the future on... Same goes for Gee. He is a decent player, but he's no one to go head over heels for... He'd be a just Marvin Williams look-a-like... Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Admin

Ditto. Fans went nuts over the one great game that Jordan Crawford had and turned him into a god... He's doing all right in Washington, but he is no one to bank the future on... Same goes for Gee. He is a decent player, but he's no one to go head over heels for... He'd be a just Marvin Williams look-a-like...

Who is going head over heels for him? He will be cheap and a nice answer for sf next season. After that when we get a quality sf the next season he will strengthen our bench

But here's the issue. If we didn't have a hole at Sf, nobody would be mentioning Gee. This is what we Hawks fans like to do. We like to look at where we are deficient and then plug somebody in and then Justify them as the next great ______. I don't have a problem with Gee. I was answering the question of why is there so much hype about Gee. My answer is straight truth. What I want is for Hawks fans to stop being so predictable. To stop trying to analyze need on a capspace and win shares basis. Can we do that? Do you know what the Hawks really need? The Hawks really need defenders. People who can play one on one defense. The Hawks really need to clear up the logjam at PF. The Hawks really need a low post presence. Before Hawks fans get out there Free agent list and statbooks.. What works better is to pinpoint who in the league really fits our needs weather they are available or not. Then we can start to talk about a real fit vs. a contrived fit.

Sometime we get caught up on words and phrases to make our topics exciting also. Words like hype,next great, please Ferry can we get him, he would be great for us. We take these words and phrases and assume people are overhyping players, when in reality people just want to help there team out by making suggestion and want there point of view to be correct. I know nothing about this Gee guy, but from what I've heard on this forum he would be a good fit here . But by no means have I gotten the impression people think he will be the next great. But any player on your team you should hope for the best!!!
  • Like 1

Gee just turned 25, is 6'6" 220, averaged 11 points and 5 boards last year starting for Cleveland, doesn't shoot 3-pointers, is defensive minded, is available, is cheap, and fills a hole in the Hawks lineup. Who, on the Hawks or in free agency, is a better fit? I don't see anyone flipping out over this guy, he's just the most obvious available choice.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

Ditto. Fans went nuts over the one great game that Jordan Crawford had and turned him into a god... He's doing all right in Washington, but he is no one to bank the future on... Same goes for Gee. He is a decent player, but he's no one to go head over heels for... He'd be a just Marvin Williams look-a-like...

I didn't see anything wrong with Marvin other than him being picked second in the draft which wasn't his fault. He wasn't the savior of our franchise but was a really good glue guy who was accepted his role with class.