• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kenny Atkinson...future head coach?

capstone21

Before anyone else talks about someone replacing LD, The Hawks won 60% of their games last year even though the team lost Horford for 55 games, Hinrich for 18, Joe for 6, Marvin for 9, Green for 13, Zaza for 8, McGrady for 14 and the list goes on. Every contributor for the Hawks last year except for Josh and Teague missed at least 10% of the season. Just the above mentioned games =123 games missed due to injury and somehow LD managed to slip into the 4 seed.

61 games missed due to injury by your 2 allstars in a 66 game season.

If LD was fired, it would be a travesty.

This again goes back to me not understanding how we take a step back this year. We already played without Al all last year. No JJ/Marvin isn't much worse than no Horford but add Lou, Jenkins, Harris, Morrow. We will finish top 4 again and LD will get renewed.

Agreed in that he should get credit for that but like with Woody when he brought down 50+ wins, the playoffs were......less than desirable.

Yes there were even more injuries in the Boston series and the usual suspects decided to do their usual disappearing act but Boston had much of the same and there were more than a few tactical decisions that fell on his (and his staff's) head(s). Primarily overextending the bench as if it was a back2back game in February and most egregious, no one but TMac realizing that Al should have purposely missed his 2nd FT attempt.

All told, he's earned the right to finish out his contract and the Atkinson hiring is a move to actually help him succeed this season but I'm sure most don't see LD as a longterm option mainly because they see Smoove as a longterm option. The belief is that Josh will never be able to realize his full potential underneath an enabler such as LD so to maximize the more important piece to team building, LD is seen as expendable.

There's also the aspect of building a championship team and whether LD is capable of coaching one but more importantly, whether he can attract championship caliber players. This part I find a lil amusing and I guess it goes back to all of the "coaches gameplan" debates a few threads ago but in the past decade there has literally been 3 coaches that have actually held onto their jobs for at least 4 years. Woody, Doc and Stan Van have been the longest tenured coaches in the East over the past decade. That pretty much means that practically every other coach has been deemed terrible enough to have been fired or let go after short tenures which goes to show that we put way too much emphasis, be it positive or negative, on coaching. After all, Scott Brooks and Erik Spoelstra made it to the Finals over Pop and Doc.

Posted Image

Excuse me, fellas. I speak jive.

That's exactly what I thought about. Crazy

Agreed about LD getting a chance. When joe did his iso the offense went in the crapper. Hoping this team will be more suited to his offense

*ahem*

Larry Drew Sr. will be relieved of his duties and the "Tsar", Mike Fratello, shall make a triumphant return to replace him. Either he or Stan Van Gundy shall be the Atlanta Hawks new head coach.

Before anyone else talks about someone replacing LD, The Hawks won 60% of their games last year even though the team lost Horford for 55 games, Hinrich for 18, Joe for 6, Marvin for 9, Green for 13, Zaza for 8, McGrady for 14 and the list goes on. Every contributor for the Hawks last year except for Josh and Teague missed at least 10% of the season. Just the above mentioned games =123 games missed due to injury and somehow LD managed to slip into the 4 seed.

61 games missed due to injury by your 2 allstars in a 66 game season.

If LD was fired, it would be a travesty.

This again goes back to me not understanding how we take a step back this year. We already played without Al all last year. No JJ/Marvin isn't much worse than no Horford but add Lou, Jenkins, Harris, Morrow. We will finish top 4 again and LD will get renewed.

Agreed...but that's the regular season, it's all about the playoffs.