• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

According to ESPN ... Howard is gone to LA

capstone21

D12 still insists he won't sign an extension and will go to free agency in 2013. "Please hold on to the bar..." https://twitter.com/...755390599372800 ~lw3

If L.A. does not work out for Dwight, says source briefed on his thinking, he knows "Dallas will be there for him." Mavs will have cap space

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/233755871061086210

D12 still insists he won't sign an extension and will go to free agency in 2013. "Please hold on to the bar..." https://twitter.com/...755390599372800 ~lw3

He not signing an extension because he will get more money if he does a new deal. The lakers will be able to offer him the most money and .... they are the lakers. The dream is dead. :(

Look guys and gals, Orlando has been in the poor house for a long time with Dwight being there and I'm not surprised at all that they just want to rebuild. They didn't want to pay for Horford, Josh, ZaZa, Devin, or any other combination of your players right now because they are pretty much broke. I look at this as a opportunity to start building our team while still winning. It will not be easy and I'm sure that Ferry will make some questionable decisions but we will get to where we need to be sooner than most think. Let's build a culture and atmosphere that will have people wanting to be here. That includes players and fans.The Hawks need to work on their image first if they ever want to be an elite team.

If Dwight signs an extension there based off this current roster, he's going to regret it. Nash, World Peace, Bryant, and Pau got about 2 seasons tops before they are all done. In Lobes case, I think he plans to retire soon, but could play until he's 40. Steve Nash after 2 more seasons will be absolutely horrific defensively and will probably be reduced to being a spot up shooter. Pau might be too expensive to keep. World Peace isn't that effective now so I don't see him getting better.

If Dwight signs an extension there based off this current roster, he's going to regret it. Nash, World Peace, Bryant, and Pau got about 2 seasons tops before they are all done. In Lobes case, I think he plans to retire soon, but could play until he's 40. Steve Nash after 2 more seasons will be absolutely horrific defensively and will probably be reduced to being a spot up shooter. Pau might be too expensive to keep. World Peace isn't that effective now so I don't see him getting better.

lol 2 seasons! get real guy! they have atleast 4...maybe not nash but kobe can go another 4 and pau too! artest might not play much longer but hell they can replace him no prob! this move affects the nba for the next 3 years atleast! and kobe and now D12 will win one in the next 3 years for sure!

Please pay attention to history Sir. These are the Lakers we're talking about. A franchise that has only missed the playoffs 5 times in their ENTIRE HISTORY. That is a franchise that free agents gravitate toward. Dwight will sign an extension, Kobe and Nash will get old, and the Lakers will simply do what they've always done . . . RELOAD. And it'll always be some superstar free agent that will be longing to play for that franchise. Hell, it could easily be Kevin Love that is a Laker 5 years from now. Or a guy like Rajon Rondo. Or a Rudy Gay. Or even an Al Horford. As long as they're the Lakers, and have a superstar on their team, they'll have no problem reloading and still playing at a championship level.

Just who the hell is he going to leave to sign with? C'mon. It's BS. He is going to leave the most money and the most famous franchise to sign with someone else? Get real. Edited by Hotlanta1981

The Lakers always make deals to keep their team in the middle or the top. You think that's going to change in a couple of years? Wishful thinking. Which hey... I don't hate them. They make the deals, they live in the desirable location and they have a rich history. I know some consider Atlanta to be an attractive location, but I would never live in shitty downtown ATL.

Seriously, Josh Smith is worthless. I mean, when your best friend doesn't want to play with you in your home town... That speaks to how little he thinks of you as a player. I mean, who wouldn't want to play with their best friend? Dump him also. I don't care what for. If we're to go by win shares, then Josh is only worth about 6 wins anyway. No major loss.

• Like 2

Well, 3 years later they will have a lot of cap space to build around Howard. Guess who will be FA in 3 years ---> Kevin Love (UCLA).