• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

According to ESPN ... Howard is gone to LA

capstone21

Laker fans are estatic Sixer fans are smiling from ear to ear Denver fans are mostly happy Orlando fans are like WTF? And Hawk fans . . some are sad, some are like ol well. Just glad all of this is over. NOW Mr. Ferry . . . what is the game plan?

Like Ferry can do shit. C'mon. Just another forgettable GM without a clue.
  • Like 1

Well, 3 years later they will have a lot of cap space to build around Howard. Guess who will be FA in 3 years ---> Kevin Love (UCLA).

Whether or not Love leaves the Wolves depends on this season. If they start having success and the Wolves are smart enough to extend him soon, he's off the Lakers radar. He's already disgruntled, but with all the moves made the Wolves might have a chance of keeping him. If he leaves though, I agree that LA will be a top destination for him. Though, unless Kobe changes his mind, a Howard/Love frontcourt doesnt guarantee a whole lot of success either.

Laker fans are estatic Sixer fans are smiling from ear to ear Denver fans are mostly happy Orlando fans are like WTF? And Hawk fans . . some are sad, some are like ol well. Just glad all of this is over. NOW Mr. Ferry . . . what is the game plan?

Hope iggy uses his ETO and go after him. He trains in Atlanta, or at least I've seen him training here in Atlanta. He fills a need for us and is a top talent in the league.

Whether or not Love leaves the Wolves depends on this season. If they start having success and the Wolves are smart enough to extend him soon, he's off the Lakers radar. He's already disgruntled, but with all the moves made the Wolves might have a chance of keeping him. If he leaves though, I agree that LA will be a top destination for him. Though, unless Kobe changes his mind, a Howard/Love frontcourt doesnt guarantee a whole lot of success either.

Love has already signed an extension (4 years 60 M) last year. His 4th year is player option and Love has already began to complain about Wolves FO. Wolves are not winning anything. They wasted their lottery picks for Wes Johnson, J-Flynn and Derrick Williams. They will be like us in the West: playoff team, second round at best.

You guys may be being too harsh on the Magic. Basically they get 4 1sts (Harkless is a rookie) and a 2nd. The get a center, a PF and SG. Then they get rid of Richardson's contract, Duhon's and the Dwight headache. If you break the deal down into is Harrington, Afflalo, Vucevik > Richardson, Clark, Duhon. If you believe so, then you have to decide if giving up Howard, a player who is gone anyway is worth 5 draft picks? I think they did what they could.The real head scratcher here is Denver. Iggy is overrated and Harrington/Afflalo's numbers are > Iggy. Both are signed so maybe Denver wants cap relief. Iggy can walk away next year if he can get a good contract elsewhere (like Atlanta). Denver took a real risk and gave up a draft pick to do it.

You guys may be being too harsh on the Magic. Basically they get 4 1sts (Harkless is a rookie) and a 2nd. The get a center, a PF and SG. Then they get rid of Richardson's contract, Duhon's and the Dwight headache. If you break the deal down into is Harrington, Afflalo, Vucevik > Richardson, Clark, Duhon. If you believe so, then you have to decide if giving up Howard, a player who is gone anyway is worth 5 draft picks? I think they did what they could. The real head scratcher here is Denver. Iggy is overrated and Harrington/Afflalo's numbers are > Iggy. Both are signed so maybe Denver wants cap relief. Iggy can walk away next year if he can get a good contract elsewhere (like Atlanta). Denver took a real risk and gave up a draft pick to do it.

Iggy is a decent role player, but that's about all he is now. So yes... I guess they think he will stop Kobe?

More than anything, Denver needed a perimeter defender to go up against all of those high quality SGs and SFs in the West. Iggy gives them that, plus an extra playmaker . . and an elite finisher on the fastbreak.PG - LawsonG - IguodalaF - GallanariPF - FariedC - McGeeNot a championship squad, but a dang good lineup that will keep them competitive.

More than anything, Denver needed a perimeter defender to go up against all of those high quality SGs and SFs in the West. Iggy gives them that, plus an extra playmaker . . and an elite finisher on the fastbreak. PG - Lawson G - Iguodala F - Gallanari PF - Faried C - McGee Not a championship squad, but a dang good lineup that will keep them competitive.

They're doing better than the bums that has been running the show here for the last 20 guys. This franchise possibly has a reputation that possibly is not reparable because of guys like Kasten, Babcock, Atlanta Spirit and Billy Knight.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I know some consider Atlanta to be an attractive location, but I would never live in shitty downtown ATL.

Residentially, downtown LA is no great prize, either. That said, if you give me Beverly Hills over Buckhead, or Santa Monica over Snellville, NOW we're talking. Hotangeles! :) ~lw3

• Moderators

Just because you might want to work alongside your palsy wowzy someday, doesn't mean you'll lock yourself into years of paychecks from Mr. Smithers to do it.I'm sure Smoove and Dwight chitchat about the Hawks all the time, and I bet the convo over the years centered on stuff like, "So, your bosses been in the court longer than we're on one. Do they want Joe or not?" "That hockey team, tho! Y'all broke?" "He sells WHAT kind of pizza? That's the best buyer they could find?" "Man, why'd your boy have to poke the bear up in Boston? You need a muzzle for that boss of yours?"If you're like Smoove, you don't have to sell the wonders of the ATL to D12, because he grew up right here with you. His family is here. Loads of friends are here. Showing off blingy dirt-cheap MTV Cribs-quality real estate and megachurches galore won't do it. Ultra lounges and glitzy strip clubs at every other corner won't do it. At day's end, you have to have a franchise that's worth promoting. And Dwight has given everyone the hint that committed ownership with deep pockets, be it "Cuban" or Russian, is enough promotion to grab his attention. Short of that, there is nothing you or anyone can text to him that would influence him.He's also seen what has happened to this organization's top players in the eyes of the fans and media because its owners haven't/can't/won't add the talent that would put them in a clear position to compete for NBA titles.No, in reality, Orlando was never going to ship its All-NBA marquee player to a division rival (in a division that already includes the Heatles) without said rival unloading everything else remotely of worth in return. But sure, in theory he could have come here and played Buddyball with Josh for most of a season. Then, with ASG still in charge, Josh gets his big contract elsewhere, and Dwight gets left with the pom-poms and an eye-rolling fanbase: "Didn't you used to be a superstar? Man, we thought Smoove sucked at free throws! 28 with a creaky back? Sigh. We shoulda got Bynum!" Dwight saw what happened when Joe made his deal with the devil. He doesn't want the S on his chest to stand for Scapegoat.You want superstars that you didn't draft yourself? Your team's players don't need pom-poms. They need a new Smithers.~lw3

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I think Orlando winning the draft lottery next year is almost a lock (like New Orleans). I don`t think that their winning percentage will even matter :-)

Yes you can book it. GOOD CALL! Hey DF, my man! Can we now PLEASE deal Mr. Smith for a Gay/Granger-type SF? Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

Like Ferry can do shit. C'mon. Just another forgettable GM without a clue.

lmao at Ferry being able to do anything other than maintain. Where is the proof of his magical GM powers? We'd be just as good under BK's leadership. Sorry but I'm pissed at the way the rest of the NBA allows the Lakers to buck the system. Damn stuff ain't fair. How is this possible?
  • Like 1

• Moderators

So the Lakers give up Bynum and a 2017 first to get Dwight. I'm not getting this either. Nash/Kobe/Pau/Dwight. Hopefully they will suffer the same fate as the glove/mailman/kobe/shaq. I hate to root against Nash but the others can spend the whole season on the bench with turf toe for all I care. My goal for this season is to not see the Lakers and Heat in the finals. Someway, Somehow lets make it happen.

lmao at Ferry being able to do anything other than maintain. Where is the proof of his magical GM powers? We'd be just as good under BK's leadership. Sorry but I'm pissed at the way the rest of the NBA allows the Lakers to buck the system. Damn stuff ain't fair. How is this possible?

It happens when the goal of some teams are to rebuild. That team then unloads stars and good players, and the Lakers say "thank you berry, berry, much". Hell, it's the same formula that the Nets are using. They saw an opportunity to get a good player, and they sent all of their scraps to Atlanta. And the Hawks couldn't wait to unload Joe Johnson. Meanwhile, they're thinking and talking big in Brooklyn, while the Hawks have now lost out on their #1 free agent target for next summer, and probably don't know if they want to keep rebuilding, or tear it completely down. The Lakers have always been predators. They know superstars want to play in LA, and especially for the Lakers. The prestige of being a Laker is maybe only 2nd to the prestige of being a Celtic. They aren't scared away by Luxury Tax penalties, because they know they can always make boatloads of money to cover that expense. Most teams are scared to death of the Luxury Tax. The new CBA will do nothing to stop this from happening.
  • Like 1