• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The New Look Hawks?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Based on the Assistant Coaching changes...What if this is the plan.Josh and Teague to Houston for Lin, Patrick Patterson, another PF, Shaun Livingston, and a first.Here's my thought..Look at the assistant coach we just brought in.Look at how Houston has always been in the mix for Josh.Look at what having Lin would do for our ticket sales.Look at how Lin, Horf would make an pick and roll franchise.Look at how Lin doesn't fit the personnel in Houston.Look at how well Josh fits with 7 footers like Asik and MotiejunasSo... midterm Ferry makes his big move... then we bring in Jerry Sloan as the new coach.Sloan coaching Lin/Horf the pick and roll?Atlanta finally taps in to it's Asian community.Maybe not Sloan but some vet coach who can coach the pick and roll?

Based on the Assistant Coaching changes... What if this is the plan. Josh and Teague to Houston for Lin, Patrick Patterson, another PF, Shaun Livingston, and a first. Here's my thought.. Look at the assistant coach we just brought in. Look at how Houston has always been in the mix for Josh. Look at what having Lin would do for our ticket sales. Look at how Lin, Horf would make an pick and roll franchise. Look at how Lin doesn't fit the personnel in Houston. Look at how well Josh fits with 7 footers like Asik and Motiejunas So... midterm Ferry makes his big move... then we bring in Jerry Sloan as the new coach. Sloan coaching Lin/Horf the pick and roll? Atlanta finally taps in to it's Asian community. Maybe not Sloan but some vet coach who can coach the pick and roll?

Okay, let's see all that's wrong with this post. 1. Probably belongs in the trade forum as it isn't based on anything substantial. 2. Racially tinged. 3. Completely speculative. 4. Terribly undervalues both Smith and Teague. 5. Terrible defensive tradeoff. Forget Josh for a minute, defensively Teague is >>> Lin. 6. Doesn't address team needs. Harris > Lin. I'm sure there's more.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Okay, let's see all that's wrong with this post. 1. Probably belongs in the trade forum as it isn't based on anything substantial. 2. Racially tinged. 3. Completely speculative. 4. Terribly undervalues both Smith and Teague. 5. Terrible defensive tradeoff. Forget Josh for a minute, defensively Teague is >>> Lin. 6. Doesn't address team needs. Harris > Lin. I'm sure there's more.

1. Yeah.. that's true. 2. NO sir... He is Asian and it is a consideration that he could be marketed to the Asian population just like Horf is to the Latino population. 3. Isn't everything... You put Lin's favorite coach on the team and start talks with the master of the pick and roll.. and guess what... I'm speculating. 4. Smith is an ending contract. Teague is too. Houston has to still resign both guys. 5. No doubt. However, defense is not our calling card. Doesn't seem like it will be. 6. Harris > Lin? Maybe circa 2008... Have you watch Harris in the last few years. Harris won't beat out Teague for his starting spot. Harris was traded for because his contract ended sooner than Marvs. There's a reason why Harris has all the sudden become a Journeyman. Now. Let's talk about the real reason: The HOMERNESS of the Fans here. Josh is not a great player. Will never make an allstar team. Yet, we treat him like his boneheaded shots aren't so bad. What do you think will happen when he's the most senior guy on the team wearing a captain's C... in his contract year? LD is going to take the fall but watch Josh become the ball hog he always was... Are there any excuses? At least Lin can improve our pick and roll offense. I'd rather keep Teague but if they give up a first...I'd do it.

All things equal, I don't know if I would trade Teague straight up for Lin. Let alone give up Josh. The other guys are spare parts - we have plenty of those. This is without even considering that Lin's contract is an albatross.The only place this thread belongs is the "Fantasy Trades" section on a Houston Rockets board.

Edited by atlbraves93
  • Like 1

Has Teague become the next Marvin Willams? It seems like almost everyone wants to trade him now.

Well we already learned the lesson of paying guys on potential even though all they've demonstrated is incremental improvement and don't want to get burned again . It's all on Jeffrey to show us that he can be more than he's consistently shown. Joe is gone, Marvin is gone, the GM is behind him and wishes to see and brought in pieces for an offensive system that plays completely to his strengths. Sink or swim time.

Has Teague become the next Marvin Willams? It seems like almost everyone wants to trade him now.

No, Marvin was given every chance to succeed from day 1 in Atl. Teague is the total opposite of Marvin.If anything Teague is Jason Terry pt 2. Will end up somewhere else because people focus too much on what he can't do and he will be very successful. Edited by MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

No, Marvin was given every chance to succeed from day 1 in Atl. Teague is the total opposite of Marvin.If anything Teague is Jason Terry pt 2. Will end up somewhere else because people focus too much on what he can't do and he will be very successful.

I agree here. For those who say Teague has got more to prove... I say go back to the Chicago series with him standing toe to toe with the league MVP. Teague has something phenomenal but... is he being coached right? Is this the right team? Horf and Smoove have definite needs... which is why one must go. Neither are self creators. Teague can create for himself only at the teams expense right now. My hope for Teague is like what I saw Chris Paul doing yesterday. Take it when you have to but learn to be a pG at all other times. Unfortunately, we haven't had a coach that even cared about real PG play.

why would Houston possibly trade away Lin so quickly after prying him from the Knicks. This makes 0 sense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

why would Houston possibly trade away Lin so quickly after prying him from the Knicks. This makes 0 sense.

Why did they want Lin so badly? Wasn't it to play pick and roll with D-12? They have other PGs. What they don't have is one player who can take them to that next level... Josh.