• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Its really messed up Squawkers! to know that we could have an all star team by next year and it still wont be enough!....SMDH

JTB

Ya know I sitting here thinking to myself......man there is enough all star talent in the free agency over the next 2 years and most are a real chance at getting but even if we got those players it wont seem to be enough to actually win a championship!

Who MANY consider ALL STARS but they most likely never make the game:

Now dont get me wrong by all star talent Im talking Al jefferson, stephen curry, josh smith type....guys that could be all stars based off their stats but have not made it yet. legitimately they arent all stars but i consider these players to be all star caliber but will never make it even once! mainly because it is a fans choice though from time to time one player will sneak in through coach's decision. (Lamarcus Aldrige is another type of player thats an all star to many but dont seem to make that all star team)

POINT Im making based on the future:

.......My argument or rather my point is that Ferry has his work cut out for him cause even if he forms a all star team of say

Curry

Harden

Smith

Horford

Jefferson

and as funny as this may seem to be be this is a very very possible starting lineup for the hawks next season, the biggest player to lure off that list would be harden. the other 2 or 3 if you want to include smith will be easier to lure.

Back to the topic...even if ferry gets us an all star lineup like the one above or I should say all star STAT players that could sneak into a all star game by coach's decision MOST of our fans will be hugely upset and you know what WE should be!

BUT and Im not saying this because I dislike Ferry cause I actually like the guy alot! BUT (again) being honest with you guys Ferry isnt necessary striking out to me but he may be limited to what he can really truly do much like Cuban (im sure you all read that ajc article comparing ferry to cuban). I mean the cba is limiting teams from getting a BIG 3 of superstars! which is good but maybe not for us as of now. We all want stars but Ferry may have to go after that same route our old hawk gms tried to do..........

THE DEEEEEEEEEETTTTRRRRRRRROOOOOIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT (DETROIT) WAY

and just live with that but create WAY better contracts and build a WAY better bench! Im just saying I dont think that is mediocre! No its not Superstar talent but if a gm can create a team of all stars with good contracts and make a bad ass bench....yeah squawkers we can compete for a championship, not saying we will win but give ferry credit for giving us a shot.

P.S. Im kinda of done hoping out for that one GREAT star to come besides he wont do it alone! its not like MJ or Kobe or LBJ didnt have help! I want a team of all stars with good contracts and a great bench to back them up! atleast 3 really good bench players and Im happy!

oh and add a top tier coach to that list as well and we good to go! I would say Ferry job well done!

If you're the Golden State Warriors, do you let Stephen Curry go, a year after you let Monta Ellis go? I mean, there is a reason why they kept Curry but traded Monta. What would that say to your fans if you didn't match ANY OFFER for Curry?This is why we have so many overpaid players in the league. Because teams really can't afford to lose real good players ( even if they aren't superstars ), and use money as the excuse for not keeping them. And it's this exact reason why we will overpay and keep Josh Smith. If he's not traded before the trade deadline, the Hawks are going to be in a bidding war to get him.The "Championship or Bust" mantra that seems to be the cry of most hardcore Hawks fans these days, just isn't reality from a NBA business standpoint. At some point, you do have to produce a winner for your fans, even if that "winner" means simply making the playoffs.Golden St isn't letting Curry go ( if he is fully healthy )Utah probably isn't letting Jefferson go ( unless Milsap or Favors become studs . . or Jefferson demands a trade )Oklahoma City will do everything possible to keep Harden ( but might let him go if the price is at MAX level )Also, you have to realize that the team you created, has THREE restricted free agents ( Curry, Harden, Jefferson ) on it, and one unrestricted free agent ( Smith ) on it. We couldn't pay for ( or even get ) all of them in the first place. So pick 2 out of the 4, and pair them up with Horford. That will be your "Big 3", even if it's really a "Medium 3" like what we had with JJ - Horford - Smith

Edited by northcyde

• Moderators

Golden St isn't letting Curry go ( if he is fully healthy )

Agreed.

Utah probably isn't letting Jefferson go ( unless Milsap or Favors become studs . . or Jefferson demands a trade )

I think it is likely that Jefferson will be let go. He isn't that great and they have young lottery picks who need the minutes in addition to Milsap.

Oklahoma City will do everything possible to keep Harden ( but might let him go if the price is at MAX level )

Agreed.

Also, you have to realize that the team you created, has THREE restricted free agents ( Curry, Harden, Jefferson ) on it, and one unrestricted free agent ( Smith ) on it. We couldn't pay for ( or even get ) all of them in the first place. So pick 2 out of the 4, and pair them up with Horford. That will be your "Big 3", even if it's really a "Medium 3" like what we had with JJ - Horford - Smith

Yep. If you are paying max or near max for these guys, you only add two of Curry, Harden Jefferson and Smith and then have room to do some lesser contracts (presumably like Teague, etc.)