• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ok Guys Lets Just Be Real Here

CODHAWKSFAN

• Premium Member

Enough with the team digging into the recycle bin for guys who were good a decade ago. Its time to fight fire with fire...

Fire....indeed. And the thing is, you don't cry and whine about how hard it is...you just do it. You just keep on until you get it. You don't stop halfway and think that's good enough. You don't ride a mediocre team into the dirt. Hell, lots of teams don't ride REALLY GOOD F'N TEAMS into the dirt. Can't stay in the middle...you have to make moves and keep moving until you're playing for the games that count.
  • Like 2

Part of that "crying" also means that the team itself doesn't "cry" about paying the Luxury Tax, and the fans don't "cry" about traffic and perceived crime in going to a Hawks game.That's why I say that franchises who only care about winning, aren't worried about most of the things a franchise who isn't used to winning, is worried about.

• Like 2

I don't get using the crime and traffic as an excuse (and I'm not saying that these areas do not have issues but don't make it sound like it's a free for all with people getting shot, fighting, mugging etc). It's just an easy thing to say as an excuse for not attending the game. I drive there, I pay too much money to park, I pass people selling bootleg everything and politely decline then I am in Phillips Arena enjoying the game and spending too much money on concessions. After the game, I get to my car and follow the traffic slowly being directing by the Police out of downtown and head on home. Easy peasy.