• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Did we just pick up James Anderson?

tonegully

Danny Green turned out to be everything Anderson was supposed to be for the Spurs. I don't know what exactly kept him from succeeding over there but he was considered everything they were looking for when he was drafted but then Gary Neal exploded, they traded for Jefferson, traded for Kawhi, and signed Green off the street. He might be that "make good" unguaranteed contract Ferry was talking about which is fine with me.

Spurs fans were mixed but for the most part wanted to resign him which is generally a good thing I think. My only issue is he is a SG right? We still need a SF if that's the case unless Danny Boy has already committed to starting Zaza.

Anderson was considered a steal at the time the Spurs drafted him but, as stated already in this post, a foot injury really hampered him. He could be a good get but don't count on anything like a break out type starter.

• Moderators

I like it, if so. Only thing that gave me pause was the doghousing by Pop, certainly for good reason, after returning from injuries, while Danny Green, Gary Neal, RIchard Jefferson, Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson sopped up what could have been his minutes. But I think a solid Summer League showing with the Spurs illustrated he is maturing. He was written off by many Spurs fans beforehand, especially since his mid-season trade demands. But afterwards, despite getting overshadowed by Leonard in those games, many thought there was a chance he'd re-sign.~lw3

• Moderators

Anderson will have plenty of time to work on his shooting. With Mark Price on the outs in Orlando, should he be considered for the final assistant spot here? I have a preference for somebody who can work closely with the bigs myself.~lw3

Here's what a Spurs fan had to say about the Yardbarker story posted on Hawksquawk.net:

"Emicris 108 pts

It's too bad that it didn't work out for Anderson here in SA. Oh well. I'm certainly glad he's not going to one of our rivals in the Western Conference. Good luck to Anderson and hope he has some success in his career."

Great Pick Up for the Hawks...A great talent that should excel in a High Tempo offensive....It will be interesting who gets the starting nod at the SF spot. I think his defense will give him an edge over Korver...The Hawks have to run a high tempo offense so i look for look for tons of playing time for 2nd Team as well. Starters 2nd TeamPg- Teague Devin HarrisSG- Louis Williams John JenkinsSF- James Andersen Kyle KorverPF- Smith Ivan The TerribleC- Horford Zaza

Great Pick Up for the Hawks...A great talent that should excel in a High Tempo offensive....It will be interesting who gets the starting nod at the SF spot. I think his defense will give him an edge over Korver...The Hawks have to run a high tempo offense so i look for look for tons of playing time for 2nd Team as well. Starters 2nd Team Pg- Teague Devin Harris SG- Louis Williams John Jenkins SF- James Andersen Kyle Korver PF- Smith Ivan The Terrible C- Horford Zaza

Slow down there. James is gonna have to out practice/hustle Deshawn and Morrow to get minutes. I don't see him being the starter on opening day. Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

He could be a sleeper. I was high on him before the draft, but he dropped off the map after getting selected by the Spurs. Hope Ferry knows something we don't. There has to be a reason he was picked up over some of the more recognizable wings out there.

• Like 1