• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ferry's plan is coming together

wolvetigers

Atlanta Hawks have assemble a cast of shooters, pure shooters in Jenkins, Morrow, and Korver that will spread the floor immensely. Lou Williams is a scorer. Horford provides stability on the block and Smith is the Heart / Glue Guy that does some of everything, blocks, high energy, defense (hopefully less 3pt shooting now)...The two positions that Ferry will watch closely is the PG and Center spot. It is almost a forgone conclusion that we will make a run at a Good Big Man..Al Jefferson or Bynum next summer, but the verdict is out on Teague as well. I think Teague will play well but he has to take that next step to run this team effectively.I'm rooting for Teague to succeed. How this team is assembled with a Legit Big Man (let's say Al Jefferson) next year we would look just like Orlando Team that went to Finals a few years back....Go Hawks

Edited by wolvetigers

Al Jefferson is a has been. He is past his prime, plus he seems to be injured every year. Not a terrible player by any means but he isn't a championship caliber center. may be better off keeping Horf down in the low post, tough call though.

Al Jefferson is a has been. He is past his prime, plus he seems to be injured every year. Not a terrible player by any means but he isn't a championship caliber center. may be better off keeping Horf down in the low post, tough call though.

Why do you say stuff like this? Neither Smith nor Horford can do the things that Jefferson can do down on the block. If Jefferson is a "has been", then Horofrd and Smith are flat out bums. He did this a few days after his grandmother died. There will be no easy fast break points in this clip. Every basket is within the half court offense. http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SV1R5LWJSI Plus he hung 28 points - 17 rebounds against us in that 4 OT game we played against them. Al Jefferson would be an easy All-Star pick for center in the East.
  • Like 2

It is exciting cuz we don't know what we have vs as before we did. The potential to get it together and have a good team. The question is how good?

I agree. History says that this lineup will not work, but we'll see. All of those shooters we have are highly dependent on people creating for them, so we'll see what plan Drew has to get those guys shots.

Why do you say stuff like this? Neither Smith nor Horford can do the things that Jefferson can do down on the block. If Jefferson is a "has been", then Horofrd and Smith are flat out bums. He did this a few days after his grandmother died. There will be no easy fast break points in this clip. Every basket is within the half court offense. http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SV1R5LWJSI Plus he hung 28 points - 17 rebounds against us in that 4 OT game we played against them. Al Jefferson would be an easy All-Star pick for center in the East.

Agreed. Al would be an entirely different player with jefferson

It seems all big men have some sort of health issue, doesn't it? It's almost like you just have to roll your dice with one.This video showcases too much jump shooting IMO. We need a center that blocks shots, rebounds, and plays post. I would hope Al could bring these attributes and the jump shot would just be icing on the cake. On a side note, an Al and Al front court would be dope. I can already imaging some awesome nicknames and marketing ideas.

Not saying he is a bad player but he seems to always be injured. He is known as a "clumsy athlete". When he is on the court he is a beast, but he is usually injured for at least half the season.

Agreed. Al would be an entirely different player with jefferson

Yea "IF" he is actually in uniform. Like most centers in the league, he is injured a lot. He may come back strong this season but to me, he isnt the first free agent I go out and contact next year.

Yea "IF" he is actually in uniform. Like most centers in the league, he is injured a lot. He may come back strong this season but to me, he isnt the first free agent I go out and contact next year.

+1

Not getting the injury nonsense in regards to Jefferson, reminds a lot how the lemmings around here would jump to that criticism in regards to Okafor. He's only played oh, 219 of a possible 230 games over the past 3 seasons so I'd say he's proven that he can shake that injury criticism.Now if you were to debate his defense (much improved over the last few seasons) or being a blackhole on offense (actually improved his assist rate above the Dwightdoza line) then you'd have an argument but the only legitimate reason to give criticism would be the fact that he's an offensively inefficient bigman with an abysmal free throw rate for a guy that handles the ball that much in the post. His near 50% shooting is the most deceiving stat ever because he's a guy who can still only give you 20 points on 20 shots....we just gave away a guy that did that and still have a guy named Josh Smith that will give you the same scoring rate (even with subpar FT shooting....or shooting in general) same rebounds, same blocks, greater passing and greater defense. Creating your own shot doesn't amount to a hill of beans if still takes you 10 tries to get 10 points.

• Like 3

Also, the video you used is discredited in my book. It's against the Pistons... You know how terrible they were last year? A 33 point game is a 33 point game, but that was probably the only memorable game of his last year. Just saying.

• Like 1

Not getting the injury nonsense in regards to Jefferson, reminds a lot how the lemmings around here would jump to that criticism in regards to Okafor. He's only played oh, 219 of a possible 230 games over the past 3 seasons so I'd say he's proven that he can shake that injury criticism. Now if you were to debate his defense (much improved over the last few seasons) or being a blackhole on offense (actually improved his assist rate above the Dwightdoza line) then you'd have an argument but the only legitimate reason to give criticism would be the fact that he's an offensively inefficient bigman with an abysmal free throw rate for a guy that handles the ball that much in the post. His near 50% shooting is the most deceiving stat ever because he's a guy who can still only give you 20 points on 20 shots....we just gave away a guy that did that and still have a guy named Josh Smith that will give you the same scoring rate (even with subpar FT shooting....or shooting in general) same rebounds, same blocks, greater passing and greater defense. Creating your own shot doesn't amount to a hill of beans if still takes you 10 tries to get 10 points.

Very good info! and I thought al Jefferson was injury prone but by the looks of it. He has proven that he can play full seasons. He's high on my radar again!

I was going to create another thread but I will just ask in this one since al Jefferson is becoming a hot topic in this one One huge questionWhy do you guys think Jefferson is more of a pf than a center? This guy is 6'10 and weigh 260! Most centers in the NBA weigh that much and are that height. Did it ever appear to you that Jefferson has never been around a lot of talent? Every where he has been he has had to be the top scorer. I think he will def change his game as far as shooting attempts if he played next to horford and smith and teague.And last everybody in this board should want this guy!....finally a inside scorer in our post. He needs to play defense which he has shown he is capable to do and not attempt a lot of shots and just play as a team player knowing he don't have to do it all!Yall are really sleeping on a talent like Jefferson! He can be immediate help even though next year he will be 30 but that still wouldn't stop me if I were ferry.

Number of NBA regular season Jazz games in the last 3 seasons: 230

Number of NBA games Jefferson has played in the last 3 seasons : 219

The injury label could be placed on him during his first 5 years in the league, but not now. He's played in 95% of the games in the past 3 years.

Edited by northcyde