• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This proves why we can't have nice things in Atlanta

ATLscrubLove

Look, I could do without the language and yes their basic behavior wasn't professional but there was nothing outlandish or crazy about this and why did you have to throw Josh into this. He had what was basically a cameo in the middle. Many pro athletes show up in videos (a much more disturbing one Josh was in was talked about here http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/354061-j-smoove-in-new-video/page__hl__music but is no longer available on youtube. Marvin's was taken down as well.) Believe me, much more disturbing things than this make it on video. The Jamal video was by far the worst song and the T.I. song Smith was in was in terrible taste. But there's nothing about a bunch of guys hitting the town, posing for photos that should disturb you. He was very accommodating to the girls having photos taken and respectful with his hands as well.

• Moderators

As everyone else has said, this is just typical Atlanta... It's not like they are inner-city youths in Detroit stealing hub caps or vandalizing people's cars in other ways or Raider/Dodger gangs in LA beating the shit out of opposing fans in the parking lot... It's just typical Atlanta... Just chill as can be and enjoying a nice day... I'm more upset about the girls not recognizing Smoove and wanting pics with him and the ignorant fool starting at about 5:04 in the video... TI and Smoove need to crow hop that Saints fan right on out of Atlanta! lol

Look, I could do without the language and yes their basic behavior wasn't professional but there was nothing outlandish or crazy about this and why did you have to throw Josh into this. He had what was basically a cameo in the middle. Many pro athletes show up in videos (a much more disturbing one Josh was in was talked about here http://hawksquawk.ne...page__hl__music but is no longer available on youtube. Marvin's was taken down as well.) Believe me, much more disturbing things than this make it on video. The Jamal video was by far the worst song and the T.I. song Smith was in was in terrible taste. But there's nothing about a bunch of guys hitting the town, posing for photos that should disturb you. He was very accommodating to the girls having photos taken and respectful with his hands as well.

That was a good song,nothing disturbing about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDl3lwUaiY

Not downing anyone but what I meant to say was ignorant was the sporting of NY and CHI town in ATL by some fairly recognizable people while they are hangout with very recognizable people. The side with the Jets hat did me in. Smoove needs some better influences lol*hanging out

Because every time an Atlanta athlete goes out they're sporting Hawks/Braves/Falcons/GT/etc. gear... Snapbacks are worn by these guys for fashion, not to specifically "rep" any team or area.Funny that you'd tell someone else that they take everything too seriously when you're clearly reading too much into what someone wears.

• Like 1

Because every time an Atlanta athlete goes out they're sporting Hawks/Braves/Falcons/GT/etc. gear... Snapbacks are worn by these guys for fashion, not to specifically "rep" any team or area. Funny that you'd tell someone else that they take everything too seriously when you're clearly reading too much into what someone wears.

Exactly. Honestly, the Hawks lack of taking advantage of the hip-hop talent in the city, is a part of the PR problem the city has. If I were the Hawks owner, I'd cut an artist like T.I. a $250,000 million dollar check, and ask him to cut a high quality Hawks song/video that could not only be the anthem for the team, but a possible anthem for the city. Matter of fact, cut that dude a million dollar check, and have him be the promotional face of the team, along with Smith and Horford. If the Hawks can't successfully promote the team, let the biggest hip-hop artist in the city do it. I'd rather do that, than to give Erick Dampier the money.

A good marketing team would approach T.I., and have him do a Hawks version of this song as the starting lineup intro video.

T.I. is talented enough to change up the lyrics and fit the team perfectly. I would rather use this, than that lame Flo-Rida "Good Feeling" song that they were using last year.

How did you expect people to react? So the reason why we can't have "nice things in Atlanta" is because ATL residents wear sports gear from other cities? Is that your point? And does that point make any sense?

Exactly, he wants people to believe that was the original point? This after his comments about the fine citizens of Atlanta "accosting" him with offers to by CD's and DVD's etc. Great ideas on promotions. Why not play the Hip-hop, R&B, and Film cultures down here? Put a club like the one at Turner field in the arena. Build it and they will come. Have Tyler Perry do some fan media type things with Madea like the Grandma ma Larry Johnson days.

That was a good song,nothing disturbing about it http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDl3lwUaiY

The constant use of "that word" and other language is the disturbing part, along with the undertones in the video. It's a bit much for me. Point though was that the first video posted wasn't even on the level of this.

• Moderators

Exactly. Honestly, the Hawks lack of taking advantage of the hip-hop talent in the city, is a part of the PR problem the city has. If I were the Hawks owner, I'd cut an artist like T.I. a $250,000 million dollar check, and ask him to cut a high quality Hawks song/video that could not only be the anthem for the team, but a possible anthem for the city. Matter of fact, cut that dude a million dollar check, and have him be the promotional face of the team, along with Smith and Horford. If the Hawks can't successfully promote the team, let the biggest hip-hop artist in the city do it. I'd rather do that, than to give Erick Dampier the money.

That's what the Falcons PR did. They put out an entire album with local artists rapping/ singing about the Falcons... One thing that Atlanta has is a plethora of music talents.

• Moderators

Not downing anyone but what I meant to say was ignorant was the sporting of NY and CHI town in ATL by some fairly recognizable people while they are hangout with very recognizable people. The side with the Jets hat did me in. Smoove needs some better influences lol*hanging out

There are Lakers fans in Detroit, Red Sox fans in New York, and Cowboys fans, well... just about everywhere. I've seen Red Wings fans in Chicago and vise-versa... It's not just Atlanta and it's not a big deal... I have Chicago, Miami, Detroit, Memphis, Jacksonville (Jags), and of course Atlanta jerseys in my closet that I've worn in other cities. It's not about fan hood, its about fashion. I'm a Atlanta homer at heart and will always support my hometown teams, but I also don't hate any other team in the NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB. Also, I have never worn another teams jersey on gameday. Go Falcons/Hawks/Braves/Dream!