• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2012-13 Player Profile: DeShawn Stevenson

Colin

A funny and much better write-up by Colin concerning Deshawn. No sense in having little if any expectations for end of the bench scrubs like Deshawn.His defensive statistics do indicate that he could be put into a game as a spot defender when we need a stop. He was actually a better defender at SG last year than he was at SF. So Maybe if the Hawks need a stop at the end of a game, they go with this lineupPG: TeagueG: StevensonF: SmithPF: IvanC: HorfordAt best, Deshawn is Royal Ivey 2.0, in which he may actually be the starter in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Ivey started 66 games in the 05 - 06 season, but only averaged 13 minutes a game. Instead of starting defensive liabilities, but talented offensive shooters in Tyronn Lue and Salim Stoudamire, Woody opted to start Ivey at the point ( for defensive purposes only ). It's not like that move made the Hawks a better team though. Ivey's defensive prowess was overrated, and he couldn't slow down good PGs either.Add Stevenson to the "I hope we can use him in a trade package to bring in a real good player" group. Don't let him get hurt before the trade deadline.Petro + Stevenson + Harris = 14+ million in salary.If the Harris experiment isn't working, maybe the Hawks could swing a deal involving him and those 2 scrubs, and bring in a player of "need" and an expiring contract. Or make a bigger splash and bring in a guy who was supposed to be the "star" of a bad team, but the team has given up on him and want to get rid of his contract.

A funny and much better write-up by Colin concerning Deshawn. No sense in having little if any expectations for end of the bench scrubs like Deshawn. His defensive statistics do indicate that he could be put into a game as a spot defender when we need a stop. He was actually a better defender at SG last year than he was at SF. So Maybe if the Hawks need a stop at the end of a game, they go with this lineup PG: Teague G: Stevenson F: Smith PF: Ivan C: Horford At best, Deshawn is Royal Ivey 2.0, in which he may actually be the starter in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Ivey started 66 games in the 05 - 06 season, but only averaged 13 minutes a game. Instead of starting defensive liabilities, but talented offensive shooters in Tyronn Lue and Salim Stoudamire, Woody opted to start Ivey at the point ( for defensive purposes only ). It's not like that move made the Hawks a better team though. Ivey's defensive prowess was overrated, and he couldn't slow down good PGs either. Add Stevenson to the "I hope we can use him in a trade package to bring in a real good player" group. Don't let him get hurt before the trade deadline. Petro + Stevenson + Harris = 14+ million in salary. If the Harris experiment isn't working, maybe the Hawks could swing a deal involving him and those 2 scrubs, and bring in a player of "need" and an expiring contract. Or make a bigger splash and bring in a guy who was supposed to be the "star" of a bad team, but the team has given up on him and want to get rid of his contract.

Even if he is the best defender on the planet, his complete lack of offensive ability enables our opponents to play 5 on 4 effectively. Any good that might have been accomplished by good defense will be offset by his complete lack of offensive talent. He is horrible on offense. Our opponents wouldn't have to guard him at all. I personally think Harris is better than Teague, so I wouldn't give him away for just roster filler. Edited by Watchman

Even if he is the best defender on the planet, his complete lack of offensive ability enables our opponents to play 5 on 4 effectively. Any good that might have been accomplished by good defense will be offset by his complete lack of offensive talent. He is horrible on offense. Our opponents wouldn't have to guard him at all. I personally think Harris is better than Teague, so I wouldn't give him away for just roster filler.

I agree. I really like Teague and he could become better than Harris, but I think we should just keep whoever will be cheaper and trade the other one in a deal for a legit player. Teague could almost certainly net the better player.