• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Some info

Wurider05

My friend just told me that Toronto is serious about obtaining Josh Smith. He told me that there is open dialogue but he hasn't heard who are the players involved. Also told me that Drew is the dead man walking around the organization. Apparently if he gets off to a slow start his ass is gone with Weiss getting the coaching gig until they find someone even though it is obvious that Ferry already has someone waiitng in the wings. Also told me that Marvin was complaining about not getting touches and it his complaining was getting louder.

Edited by Wurider05

My friend just told me that Toronto is serious about obtaining Josh Smith. He told me that there is open dialogue but he hasn't heard who are the players involved. Also told me that Drew is the dead man walking around the organization. Apparently if he gets off to a slow start his ass is gone with Weiss getting the coaching gig until they find someone even though it is obvious that Ferry already has someone waiitng in the wings. Also told me that Marvin was complaining about not getting touches and it his complaining was getting louder.

Organizations don't hire and fire someone that quickly... Especially the Hawks. Also, I don't think Toronto has anything substantial to offer besides some draft picks.

• Premium Member

I don't doubt the Hawks are listening and talking to other teams about deals involving Josh. Of course, in the end, it doesn't mean something will happen but the Hawks would be dumb not to consider their options especially with Josh becoming a free agent and looking for a big payday.

he is legit. I said that samething about Drew and he stated that Drew doesn't make alot of money so axing him is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Drew is in the last year of his 3 year contract. I think he's only making 2 mill this season. As for your story, I hope the Hawks wouldn't trade for anyone on the Raptors, but Ferry may covet that draft pick. Also, if Ferry has free reign over the basketball decisions, then the past modus opperendi of the Hawks is thrown out the window. Ferry may very well try to purge everything the Hawks have done the past 7 years, and want to completely remake the team in his image. We'll see.

• Premium Member

In regards to Toronto, some obviously would disagree but they do have some nice pieces should a deal arise. I question why they would do it though because it would definitely cost a lot in terms of assets to get Josh and then we all know Josh would not re-sign in Toronto.

Organizations don't hire and fire someone that quickly... Especially the Hawks. Also, I don't think Toronto has anything substantial to offer besides some draft picks.

I've seen coaches fired 20 games into the NBA season before. That might not even be the record either. Fratello was fired in Memphis after 30 games and his team won 49 games the year before. It can happen.

In regards to Toronto, some obviously would disagree but they do have some nice pieces should a deal arise. I question why they would do it though because it would definitely cost a lot in terms of assets to get Josh and then we all know Josh would not re-sign in Toronto.

We don't need pieces plural though. We need to be packaging some of our numerous pieces to get better quality starters. Unless we got a very high lottery pick there's nothing I'd want from Toronto.
  • Like 1

I've seen coaches fired 20 games into the NBA season before. That might not even be the record either. Fratello was fired in Memphis after 30 games and his team won 49 games the year before. It can happen.

True, but the front office people are much harder to get rid of. It's very rare to see the GMs gone in less than a year.

True, but the front office people are much harder to get rid of. It's very rare to see the GMs gone in less than a year.

Unless I'm missing it he didn't say anything about the GM or anyone in the front office being gone. He was talking about LD being on the hot seat if he gets off to a bad start.

Unless I'm missing it he didn't say anything about the GM or anyone in the front office being gone. He was talking about LD being on the hot seat if he gets off to a bad start.

Yea I miss read it, I though I saw something on Ferry in this post o.0

Toronto will not be giving up GOOD assets for an unsigned Josh Smith.

I just don’t see Josh resigning/extending with Toronto – Josh wants to hit free agency.

I am not enamored with any of Toronto’s players, I prefer to roll with Josh.

Like Dolf said we need to be adding more talent to what we already have, not swapping our talent for so-so pieces.

The way I see it – Josh has until the trade deadline for Ferry to decide if he will keep him or trade him depending on his play.

Bye,bye LD – don’t care if he lasts the year or not. If he lasts it means we are playing well, if he doesn’t it means we suck which isn't a good thing.

• Moderators

I like Derozan and Bargnani, but not in exchange for for Smoove. Good teams don't get better by trading their main assets for scrubs (Joe strapped us financially, so that we couldn't get better). If they were looking to clear the roster and start over, I'd trade Korver + Deshawn + 1st for Derozan + Scrub. Derozan is a hell of an athlete and can be that wing player we so desperately need. Has the fastest lateral quickness in the league and preaches defense, defense, defense. Still on his rookie contract too.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87