• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brandon Bass > Josh Smith

PSSSHHHRRR87

Josh isn't "playing outside his comfort zone", he is trying to be someone he is not. He is trying to be LeBron, Kobe, or Jordan. If Smoove would just be Smoove, then he would excel in this league and be an All Star. That's why Horf was an All Star after only 3 years. Horf does what he does best and flies high doing so. You don't see Horf trying to jack up three's or attempting to run the point. Horf hustle, gets rebounds, and knocks down that mid-range shot of his. Smoove offensive game is attacking the hoop either from the outside in or after a rebound, not jacking up long twos or threes, breaking down an opponent, or attempting to run the offense. I have a feeling it has something to do with Josh...

Smoove will never be an All-Star, if he continues to be Smoove. Because Smoove does think he can do it all. Smoove is bad at times, to himself and to his team. Now if he turned into Smash ( as coined by a blogger on the AJC boards ), then he'll become a perennial All-Star. In this top highlight of the Hawks last year, you'll see Smoove and Smash in the same clip. Smoove takes a bad shot early in the shot clock. He was 6 - 16 FG in the game, and had only made 2 of 7 jumpers when he took the shot you'll see at 0:03 When he switched to Smash, he makes the Play of the Year for the Hawks. http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmSVT3OcLOc I've been begging for him to play like that since he started to show signs of being a star player. That play not only energized the team, it took him to the next level, seeing him make his next 2 jumpers ( including a 3 with the clock running down ), and scored 11 of the last 12 points for the Hawks to close out the game and get the win. But Smoove won't let Smash come to the forefront. Smoove will almost always the easy way out. Smoove is not tough or physical. Smash take it to the rim, ala Shawn Kemp. Smash will mix it up on the inside and gobble up rebounds. Honestly, I refuse to call him Smoove. Smoove MUST DIE . . and SMASH MUST EMERGE.
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Fun quiz question since I have nowhere else to put it:

Q: Among players taking at least one jumpshot per game (minimum 20 games played) from 16-23 feet out last season, Brandon Bass and Kevin Garnett of the Celtics ranked in the top ten in FG%. Which current Atlanta Hawks player ranked higher than both of them, ranking in the top five in FG%?

~lw3

Pencils down! And a #fail on my part, looking at a longtime flaw in Hoopdata, as the Celts didn't even crack the top ten.

Hey, Bass and KG! Zaza says, "Get your weight up!"

TOP FG% from 16-23 feet, 2011-12 Season -- Min. 20 games played and 1.0 Field Goal Attempts (FGA) per game:

1. Stephen Curry, 59.2% (3.8 FGA/game)

2. Steve Nash, 53.8% (3.0 FGA/game)

3. Dirk Nowitzki, 50.3% (5.8 FGA/game)

4. Jonas Jerebko, 50.0% (1.4 FGA/game)

5. ZAZA PACHULIA, 50.0% (1.0 FGA/game)

6. Jared Dudley, 49.4% (2.6 FGA/game)

7. Anthony Parker, 48.6% (2.1 FGA/game)

8. Troy Murphy, 48.5% (1.1 FGA/game)

9. Sebastian Telfair, 48.4% (2.1 FGA/game)

10. Jason Smith, 48.1% (4.9 FGA/game)

11. Brandon Bass, 48.0% (5.1 FGA/game)

12. Kevin Garnett, 47.9% (6.0 FGA/game)

Also, as 'cyde reminds us correctly, our Dirkminican Al Horford led virtually all NBA players in this category in 2010-11: 53.4% on 4.8 FGA/game (except for Rashard Lewis @ 55.2% on 2.1 FGA/game in limited action).

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

To add some fun, Rondo also put together a flag football game at UCLA that included referees. Rondo said the only Celtics that didn't play were Pierce and 7-foot, 255-pound rookie Fab Melo "because he might hurt somebody." Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith, a close friend of Rondo's, also played.

• Moderators

To add some fun, Rondo also put together a flag football game at UCLA that included referees. Rondo said the only Celtics that didn't play were Pierce and 7-foot, 255-pound rookie Fab Melo "because he might hurt somebody." Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith, a close friend of Rondo's, also played.

Just Boston fans trying to stir the pot. They are hoping next season to make the next Big 3 with Rondo, Smith, and Howard. Just wait.

Just Boston fans trying to stir the pot. They are hoping next season to make the next Big 3 with Rondo, Smith, and Howard. Just wait.

Boston has 57.9 million in guaranteed contracts next season so not possible to sign them as free agents.

• Premium Member

It's debatable for sure. When you factor in value, I'd probably go with Bass. Josh will get a lot of extra millions tacked on just for being the athletic freak he is, while Bass comes at a discount because of his lack thereof. A lot of times you wouldn't realize Bass was on the floor, a lot of time you wish Josh wasn't on the floor. Josh can get you 10 boards, when Bass is hot he can drain unlimited 15 footers (unless in the playoffs) just off of running a good set. Josh is always in tip-top shape, fresh for the fourth, plays almost every game. Bass isnt the best conditined and no stranger to the trainer's table. Josh can be volatile when considering chemistry, Bass always falls in line. But I'm sure Ferry would've done a deal for Avery, Bass, and a first so fast it would disrupt the space and time continuum. Straight up Bass for Josh, probably not.

If that deal was on the table, I would accept it so far, that the space time continuum would be broken forever. Egyptians and Martians alike would be coming to Hawks games. Lame duck Josh for Avery Bass, and a first... Hell Yeah.