• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJC: "Hawks, Take Me to Your Leaderz."

lethalweapon3

Diesel, you've become a caricature of your own caricature. There's no way you can believe the nonsense you are typing.

Where does he say he's changing anything? Where does he say it doesn't matter who was captain last year? How is it that only you possess these magical perceptive powers beyond everyone else that allow you to read an entire hidden text separate from the one actually printed?

You really took this.......

I can’t create that. The guys in the locker room create that. The coaches create that

To be a shot at LD........wow, how bout you look at it with a sane mind and realize that the GM of a team has zero to do with who takes leadership of a it.....

That it is entirely up to the players and coaches that are in the locker rooms, and practices, and training rooms, and on the sidelines and in the huddles........not some guy sipping Perrier in the owners' luxury box.

That it doesn't matter who he hires or who he signs or who he trades for that it is out of his hands who the group of individuals decide to elect as their representative.

It's rather explicit but meh, lets go with sensationalism instead: THIS IS ALL PART OF FERRY'S PLAN!!!! THE WHOLE FRANCHISE IS A LAME DUCK!!!! HE'S SECRETLY MOVING THE HAWKS TO SEATTLE!!!!!!! OH NOEZ!!!!!!!

• Premium Member

Diesel, you've become a caricature of your own caricature. There's no way you can believe the nonsense you are typing.

Where does he say he's changing anything? Where does he say it doesn't matter who was captain last year? How is it that only you possess these magical perceptive powers beyond everyone else that allow you to read an entire hidden text separate from the one actually printed?

You really took this.......

To be a shot at LD........wow, how bout you look at it with a sane mind and realize that the GM of a team has zero to do with who takes leadership of a it.....

That it is entirely up to the players and coaches that are in the locker rooms, and practices, and training rooms, and on the sidelines and in the huddles........not some guy sipping Perrier in the owners' luxury box.

That it doesn't matter who he hires or who he signs or who he trades for that it is out of his hands who the group of individuals decide to elect as their representative.

It's rather explicit but meh, lets go with sensationalism instead: THIS IS ALL PART OF FERRY'S PLAN!!!! THE WHOLE FRANCHISE IS A LAME DUCK!!!! HE'S SECRETLY MOVING THE HAWKS TO SEATTLE!!!!!!! OH NOEZ!!!!!!!

Ok.... so now you believe that LD will all of the sudden tell Smoove and Horf that they have been demoted from being co-captains by one of these guys who are 1 and done players??

You're sniffing the Ferry dust Mace. I thought you could critically think??? Guess that was a bad assumption. When you have put the peices together, come see me.

• Moderators

I'm late coming back to this thread but you know we have Al and Teague under contract for more than a year. Ferry has been pretty forthright in wanting Josh here but he knows Josh will test free agency. So saying 'this is Josh's team' only to have him leave would be pretty short sighted.Still we have a couple guys who are all star caliber and a PG who is up and coming. The rest of the rotation are solid nba players in their prime. I don't call that a transition team or a lame duck team. 99.99999% of the nba world realizes we we had no flexibility with Joe under contract and that the team as constructed wasn't going anywhere in the playoffs. Are the current Hawks a great team? No. but they are good. Not sure what the issue with Ferry is at this point. He did what had to be done and he did it well. He may still screw the pooch later who knows. I'll take down my statue if he does. Kind of blocks the front door anyway.

• Moderators

I read Ferry's quote to mean that the best players on the team are going to be Al and Josh but he expects some of the "lesser" players to be tough minded vets who he hopes will improve the dedication and professionalism of the team. He hopes Josh, Al, Jeff, etc. will step up but he expects the leadership of the team with so many new pieces to be something that works itself out over time.