• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

James Harden just traded

ATLscrubLove

Definitely a surprise. It will be very interesting to see if they ink him to a max extension or if he plays out the season. Either way, I expect Houston to retain him since he is a RFA.

That's good because I don't want the Hawks getting him lol.
  • Like 2

I was surpised when I saw this. I think its a bad move on OKCs part. Even if you may not resign him, there is no way i trade him right now. That team just took a huge hit IMO.

• Moderators

That's good because I don't want the Hawks getting him lol.

Nothing worse than a guy that will be top 3 at his position for the duration of his contract and a good chance at being the best at his position at some point over that contract.

• Moderators

I was surpised when I saw this. I think its a bad move on OKCs part. Even if you may not resign him, there is no way i trade him right now. That team just took a huge hit IMO.

Even I don't believe that much in Kevin Martin and I took him in our dynasty draft. OKC should be playing for a championship this year and then dealing in the offseason. I'm not sure if they love Lamb, the picks (which picks?), or what.

Nothing worse than a guy that will be top 3 at his position for the duration of his contract and a good chance at being the best at his position at some point over that contract.

Well I mean he is a good player, just reminds me of Joe Johnson a bit.

Even I don't believe that much in Kevin Martin and I took him in our dynasty draft. OKC should be playing for a championship this year and then dealing in the offseason. I'm not sure if they love Lamb, the picks (which picks?), or what.

Rumblings that it's Dallas, Toronto and 2nd from Bobcats. All could be pretty high honestly. Still really wild jettisoning such a huge part of a Finals core so quickly but I must admit, I was hoping Jenkins would show some flashes to entice OKC that he could be a cheap replacement ala Lamb in the deal. Edited by MaceCase

The Oklahoma City acquires Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks and a second round pick from the Houston Rockets in exchange for James Harden, Cole Aldrich Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward.

• Moderators

Rumblings that it's Dallas, Toronto and 2nd from Bobcats. All could be pretty high honestly.

I am very interested to see the final picks. This could go down as a key to the team in a good way or OKC could find they missed their window by giving him away for inferior talent before the season began. This is a big gamble. I expect Toronto to be a lottery pick and Dallas to be in or near the playoffs but it only takes an injury to Dirk to make them contenders for the #1 pick. It is a deal that will need 5 years to fully judge. I would definitely have kept Harden over Ibaka. Edited by AHF

So glad another team will waste a Joe Johnson max deal for a good but not THAT good player.

Uhm... Joe Johnson signed to a 6 year 124 million dollar contract. Traded with 4 years 89 million remaining. James Harden, eligible for a maximum 4 year 60 million contract extension....

• Moderators

Uhm... Joe Johnson signed to a 6 year 124 million dollar contract. Traded with 4 years 89 million remaining. James Harden, eligible for a maximum 4 year 60 million contract extension....

Totally not worth it for a guy who was offensively superior at age 22 as compared to JJ's career high. Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm talking about Joe's first contract as a RFA to get him away from Phoenix. Both guys are in very similar positions.

Thunder just proved that they don't want to do everything it takes to be a champion.I think Jeremy Lamb will surprise a lot of people though. But for a team that was already weak defensively, they just got a hell of a lot weaker. I'm sure Durant isn't happy about this at all.But that's a big time power move by the Rockets. They're betting that they just traded for a potential superstar. That's how you do things folks. You don't Hold onto pieces for dear life, if you have an opportunity to get an impact player. Now the pressure is off Lin to be a star, and he can simply feed Harden the ball.Speaking of Harden, I'm saying right now that he averages 24+ ppg.Damn. So now the Hawks won't get Dwight, Paul, Bynum, and Harden in the offseason.

Edited by northcyde

I'm sure Durant isn't happy about this at all.

These are the type of moves that start to make superstars disgruntled. We'll see if the humble one remains such for long.

I'm talking about Joe's first contract as a RFA to get him away from Phoenix. Both guys are in very similar positions.

Well 1) Joe wasn't half the player in Phoenix that Harden is now. 2) I think Joe was well worth his first deal from Atlanta. Edited by MaceCase

• Premium Member

These are the type of moves that start to make superstars disgruntled. We'll see if the humble one remains such for long. Well 1) Joe wasn't half the player in Phoenix that Harden is now. 2) I think Joe was well worth his first deal from Atlanta.

1. Joe showed in Atlanta he was worth the original deal and worth an increase on the second deal. He's vastly superior to Harden in terms of defense and passing. 2. I agree.