• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Soaring Down South : Can Smoove become the superstar ATL needs?

ATLscrubLove

First, I would like to thank God for keeping all of us in good health during this off-season. Good to see all members, old and new. Secondly, How about those Falcons!! ehhhhh!!! Superbowl bound I would say!But, back to the topic of discussion. I think Josh Smith will have a break out year where he'll average 22pts 10.3rebs 4.2ast per game. My reason -- quite simple! He will get a lot more touches than in his previous years due to the fact the offense will now flow through him and AL. Now those numbers aren't hard to achieve.. Look at the numbers he put up after Horfords injury, especially January and February. And he put up those numbers with extended minutes after the lockout. I remember Josh playing center for a decent amount of time once Zaza went down, and he still put up good numbers.Now, is he a superstar?? Not Sure! Is Smoove a monster when everythings clicking on all cylinders? Hells Yess!! The rest will be left to the season...

the biggest thing josh could do to improve his game, take it to the next level is...play like dennis rodman when he was on the bulls. there's no reason that josh should'nt average double figures in rebounds. and i mean like 12-14 a game not 9.6. there's no mj or pippen on this team, so the offensive looks will be there, he just needs to come with a high level of energy EVERY night. josh could score 16 points a night on put backs, free throws (if he would concentrate and not be in such a rush at the ft line), and fast breaks. josh's energy is what holds him back. he doesn't attack enough. his foolish jump shots are just a by-product of his sometime lack of energy on the court. you would think he's a smoker.

I think 15 million per is too much. With this new CBA, you have to make the big contracts count. The Hawks will need enough money to snag at least two star players. To do that, you'll need two max contracts and then enough money to surround those guys with the right players. I think 15 million per is too much. With this new CBA, you have to make the big contracts count. The Hawks will need enough money to snag at least two star players. To do that, you'll need two max contracts and then enough money to surround those guys with the right players.

That's fine that you don't think he's worth 15 mill,but the problem is the market has been set. I'll be utterly shocked of he gets anything less than 15.

I think 15 million per is too much. With this new CBA, you have to make the big contracts count. The Hawks will need enough money to snag at least two star players. To do that, you'll need two max contracts and then enough money to surround those guys with the right players. I think 15 million per is too much. With this new CBA, you have to make the big contracts count. The Hawks will need enough money to snag at least two star players. To do that, you'll need two max contracts and then enough money to surround those guys with the right players.

Josh is making 13.2 mil now, how can 15 mil be too much?

• Premium Member

Josh is making 13.2 mil now, how can 15 mil be too much?

I think what he's making now pretty generous. With the new CBA, you've got to make the big contracts count. Overpay the wrong people and mediocrity will remain our best friend.
  • Like 1