• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Comparing the Hawks and Heat

thecampster

I'm starting to feel a whole lot better about this prediction. 1 Game back and starting to gel.

I think the most important part of your original prediction is when you stated this:"For the first time in years, 1 injury isn't a season ender."That looks to be true.If Horford goes down, Zaza can step in and at least hold his own at Center, and almost match the rebounding and defensive production that Al gives.If Smith goes down, Horford seems to elevate his game offensively at PF to compensate for the loss of Smith. This also normally gives Ivan more time at the backup PF, and he seems to always play well when given the extra minutes.Because we don't have a bonafide starter at the SF or SG position, one of those guys going down simply gives others the chance to play more and show what they can do. Korver, Stevenson, Morrow, and Jenkins are pretty much interchangeable at the SF spot, with even Tolliver possibly playing some SF. Lou and Harris can both play the 2, along with Morrow, Stevenson and Jenkins.And at PG, Teague, Lou, and Harris can all play the point ( in different ways ). But none of those guys are just flat out scrubs, like what we would have in year's past with people like Royal Ivey or an old Anthony Johnson or a failed young guy like an Acie Law.My concern at the beginning of the year, was if this team could hold up defensively. Because they HAVE, I think that's the biggest reason for our start. Good job by those guys for rising up to Drew's challenge to play good defense on a nightly basis, and a good job by Ferry for bringing in pieces that can round this team off.What Ferry can't be afraid to do, is to flip this talent for better players. That means we can't get emotionally attached to guys and hang onto them for dear life. If you have a chance to get a better player, go out and get him.
  • Like 1

What Ferry can't be afraid to do, is to flip this talent for better players. That means we can't get emotionally attached to guys and hang onto them for dear life. If you have a chance to get a better player, go out and get him.

This is part of the advantage of bringing Ferry in with full authority. Ferry has no emotional investment in any one on the team. The next 6 weeks or so are going to be really interesting to see who is willing to make a deal with the Hawks. Some of the upper-level teams could really benefit from the likes of Harris, Korver, Stevenson, and even Teague. I still think Josh gets dealt this winter, but we'll see. In return the Hawks should be looking for younger talent that can develop together and/or draft picks.