• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks show some Promise without Joe

Highpozt2

• Premium Member

...yeah, sure. The team can't rebound, the coach can't coach, and Harden just torched us for 45.Get real. This team isn't going anywhere. It's by far the worst defense and rebounding I have witnessed in what, 10 years?Probably it's Joe's fault, after all he wasn't there to guard the Beard.Danny Ferry traded away the wrong guy.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

I thought Drew did a bad job managing our line up too. I never have been a Drew fan, but he needs some time. We are a completely different team that needs some time to gel.I remember Jamal's first game against Indiana a few years ago. Not looking up stats, but I feel like he scored 6 points. He said he was uncomfortable after the game and wound up winning 6th man of the year.Yeah, it doesn't always go as well as that. It is similar this year though, because we have guys adapting to new roles and coaches trying to figure out where they should be. I was happy with the potential I saw tonight. Rebounding needs to be fixed, but honestly, I don't see us being worse than we were in Drew's first season as head coach.

Pretty much... didn't let Morrow, Johnson, or Scott play while he let Korver and Tolliver stay on the court with a combined 0 pts.

he is still trying to find out the rotation. It's one game. Everyone needs to relax. This is a semi rebuilding season for the hawks. Like it or not. The transition will be difficult at times.

The rebounding and defense will be an isssue but we will still have a winning record at the end of the season. Josh Smith, Jeff Teague and Al Horford just has to get comfortable with life after Joe Johnson, the new guys have to find their roles and Larry Drew has to figure out his rotation. Lets calm down. It's the first of 82 games.

Edited by PureGreatness

I agree about Drew. Teague damn near owned the 3rd and then could not get on the floor in the 4th. We can't rebound. We almost have to start Zaza. Try this lineup to start:TeagueHarrisSmithHorfordZazaIf that does not workout then you have to go with:TeagueStevensonSmithHorfordZaza

• Premium Member

I don't care if it's the 1st of 82 games. You don't win by getting outrebounded by 20+.You don't win by letting someone drop 45 on you.You don't win by playing no defense.You guys will tell me that camp and pre-season aren't enough for the coach to at least recognize who the better rebounders and defenders are? C'mon, the man is paid for that! Tolliver over IVAN? Really?Outrebounded 58 to 36. Enough said. 23 Offensive. Asyk alone got 9.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

The rebounding made me sick but other than that i like what i seen like everyone else i confused by tolliver eating up ivans min man made 0 contribution also we got all these three point shooters like morrow jenkins on the bench that i didnt see touch the court we gotta figure out how to utilize all the guards keep them all in the flow go hawks!!!!!!!!