• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Teague is the PG for the long haul

ATLscrubLove

shaking my head. i just dont understand guys on here sometimes. rediculous

Horford is turning 27 soon, Teague 25.... To think that these players will turn out to be world-beaters is not realistic. If you can get a superstar, get a superstar. You guys would still be waiting on Marv's potential. SMH

• Moderators

Lawson got 48 mill for 4 years, Holiday go 41 i think. Teague is somewhere in between. look at all the recent 2nd deals players got. 6 mill is a ripoff

6 mil maybe low, but 12 mil is a lot to me, especially if are looking to nab Dwight and retain Smith next offseason. If we can sign a guy like Pekovic or maybe Iguodala for cheap, then I could see giving Teague 8-12 mil/yr, but if we are paying Smith and Dwight (or other FA) what they want, then 12 mil towards Teague is just throwing us back into the same hole that Joe put us in. Atlanta wants to advance to the ECF and eventually win a championship, not slip back into mediocrity. IDK, I guess this is why I am a fan and not a GM. lol

shaking my head. i just dont understand guys on here sometimes. rediculous

So you wouldn't trade Teague and Horford to the Lakers, for Dwight Howard? Just remember what the rebuilding objective is here . . . to win a championship. And to win a championship, you do need a superstar here. Most of us fell in love with our young players over the years, when we honestly should've tried to trade one or two of them for a higher quality player. When the opportunity arises, you can't be afraid to let go of "fan favorites", if it means that you're going to get a better player in return.

• Moderators

Horford is turning 27 soon, Teague 25....

To think that these players will turn out to be world-beaters is not realistic. If you can get a superstar, get a superstar.

You guys would still be waiting on Marv's potential. SMH

So you wouldn't trade Teague and Horford to the Lakers, for Dwight Howard?

Just remember what the rebuilding objective is here . . . to win a championship. And to win a championship, you do need a superstar here.

Most of us fell in love with our young players over the years, when we honestly should've tried to trade one or two of them for a higher quality player. When the opportunity arises, you can't be afraid to let go of "fan favorites", if it means that you're going to get a better player in return.

They don't have to be "world-beaters", just pieces to the puzzle... A superstar is only as good as the guys around him and if you trade Horf and Teague for a superstar, who is going to be around him? Nobody can win a title on their own and guys like Dwight and CP3 are not going to stay in another situation like Orlando or New Orleans. And no, most wanted Marv gone three seasons ago. Horford and Teague have both shown advancements in their game and shown they can contribute. Marv never did. We don't have to have an All Star lineup to win... SMH

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

6 mil maybe low, but 12 mil is a lot to me, especially if are looking to nab Dwight and retain Smith next offseason. If we can sign a guy like Pekovic or maybe Iguodala for cheap, then I could see giving Teague 8-12 mil/yr, but if we are paying Smith and Dwight (or other FA) what they want, then 12 mil towards Teague is just throwing us back into the same hole that Joe put us in. Atlanta wants to advance to the ECF and eventually win a championship, not slip back into mediocrity. IDK, I guess this is why I am a fan and not a GM. lol

Josh can go, sick of his selfish azz. and Dwight, don't really care, and after what he pulled the last 2 years, don't think I want him, nor does he want to come here. Edited by Cwell

So you wouldn't trade Teague and Horford to the Lakers, for Dwight Howard? Just remember what the rebuilding objective is here . . . to win a championship. And to win a championship, you do need a superstar here. Most of us fell in love with our young players over the years, when we honestly should've tried to trade one or two of them for a higher quality player. When the opportunity arises, you can't be afraid to let go of "fan favorites", if it means that you're going to get a better player in return.

no I wouldn't, simply put. we'd just be the Atlanta Magic, well a much worse version actually
  • Like 1

They don't have to be "world-beaters", just pieces to the puzzle... A superstar is only as good as the guys around him and if you trade Horf and Teague for a superstar, who is going to be around him? Nobody can win a title on their own and guys like Dwight and CP3 are not going to stay in another situation like Orlando or New Orleans. And no, most wanted Marv gone three seasons ago. Horford and Teague have both shown advancements in their game and shown they can contribute. Marv never did. We don't have to have an All Star lineup to win... SMH

You better check the lineups of the past 30 or so NBA Champions, if you don't believe that you need an All-Star lineup to win.

We can't make that trade now, but say the Lakers simply decide that their team just isn't good enough depth wise to win a title as constructed. And instead of keeping Dwight Howard, they want to add depth to their team.

So at the trade deadline, here's the deal

Horford + Teague + Morrow + 2014 1st round pick . . . for Dwight ( if he agrees to extend with the Hawks )

Here is the Lakers lineup:

PG - Nash

G - Kobe

F - Metta

PF - Gasol

C - Horford

With Teague being the 6th man, and getting the green light to play like Lou Williams, and Morrow being the sharpshooter off the bench that they need.

Here is the Hawks lineup:

PG - Harris

G - Jenkins ( who I still say is the best shooter on the team and should be starting )

F - Stevenson

PF - Smith

C - Howard

With Lou playing his 6th man role, with Zaza, Ivan, and Korver coming off the bench.

People wouldn't make that deal for the Hawks? We'd have a top 5 player, and Josh Smith might play even better with Dwight beside him. We'd still have 2 good PGs, the sharpshooter in Korver, the defensive player in Stevenson, and Zaza and Ivan to bring off the bench.

( of course the Lakers would never make that trade, because they understand the value of a superstar ).

You better check the lineups of the past 30 or so NBA Champions, if you don't believe that you need an All-Star lineup to win. We can't make that trade now, but say the Lakers simply decide that their team just isn't good enough depth wise to win a title as constructed. And instead of keeping Dwight Howard, they want to add depth to their team. So at the trade deadline, here's the deal Horford + Teague + Morrow + 2014 1st round pick . . . for Dwight ( if he agrees to extend with the Hawks ) Here is the Lakers lineup: PG - Nash G - Kobe F - Metta PF - Gasol C - Horford With Teague being the 6th man, and getting the green light to play like Lou Williams, and Morrow being the sharpshooter off the bench that they need. Here is the Hawks lineup: PG - Harris G - Jenkins ( who I still say is the best shooter on the team and should be starting ) F - Stevenson PF - Smith C - Howard With Lou playing his 6th man role, with Zaza, Ivan, and Korver coming off the bench. People wouldn't make that deal for the Hawks? We'd have a top 5 player, and Josh Smith might play even better with Dwight beside him. We'd still have 2 good PGs, the sharpshooter in Korver, the defensive player in Stevenson, and Zaza and Ivan to bring off the bench. ( of course the Lakers would never make that trade, because they understand the value of a superstar ).

not a championship team

They are too thirsty for a so-called superstar I guess they can't stand not getting a bunch of favorable treatment that you don't deserve. I can understand because Teague got fouled on that Durant dunk last night but got no call, on the other hand they make a bogus offensive foul charge against him when he did not even get squared up in the Houston game he was on the side of the man. The major is still people are too thirsty for a superstar or star players that don't even want to be here.

That's because we have already had the Steve Smith's, Mookie Blaylock's, Christian Leattner's, Reef's, JT's, Joe's and Josh Smith and we haven't won anything of note.

You do need world-beaters to win championships.

So you wouldn't trade Teague and Horford to the Lakers, for Dwight Howard?

Just remember what the rebuilding objective is here . . . to win a championship. And to win a championship, you do need a superstar here.

Most of us fell in love with our young players over the years, when we honestly should've tried to trade one or two of them for a higher quality player. When the opportunity arises, you can't be afraid to let go of "fan favorites", if it means that you're going to get a better player in return.

Exactly.

Howard and CP3 are not coming to the ATL.

With that defeated attitude why even attempt to build anything. Thank God our GM doesn't think this way. If the Clippers and Lakers lose they are both very possible Especially if they want to play with each other.

• Premium Member

You do need world-beaters to win championships. Exactly. With that defeated attitude why even attempt to build anything. Thank God our GM doesn't think this way. If the Clippers and Lakers lose they are both very possible Especially if they want to play with each other.

Didn't Dwight just spend 20 million on a house in L.A.? Doesn't sound like a guy whose considering leaving L.A. I don't think either guy (especially Dwight) is interested in being seen as a villian and leaving their fans holding an empty bag. As far as them playing together, I saw Dallas listed as a destination before Atlanta. So, my statement isn't some emotional defeated attitude. It's based on fact.

Didn't Dwight just spend 20 million on a house in L.A.? Doesn't sound like a guy whose considering leaving L.A. I don't think either guy (especially Dwight) is interested in being seen as a villian and leaving their fans holding an empty bag. As far as them playing together, I saw Dallas listed as a destination before Atlanta. So, my statement isn't some emotional defeated attitude. It's based on fact.

and so what! this mofo howard will be able to afford another 20 million dollar home with that huge contract he knows he's getting next year!

• Premium Member

and so what! this mofo howard will be able to afford another 20 million dollar home with that huge contract he knows he's getting next year!

You actually believe he would drop 20 MILLION on home he's not sure will be his main residence longterm? C'mon man, let's be realistic here.

thats Atl fans in general. they think if u don't put up star numbers immediately then u should be cut and replaced. See guys like Roddy White, Thomas DeCoud, and folks were turning on Jacquizz Rodgers already.

For real though, DeCoud played terribly last season. He was easily the worst starting player on our D last year.

For real though, DeCoud played terribly last season. He was easily the worst starting player on our D last year.

Coaching has a lot to do with how a player plays. You put players in the best possible situations that suit their talents. BVG just sucked.

• Moderators

You actually believe he would drop 20 MILLION on home he's not sure will be his main residence longterm? C'mon man, let's be realistic here.

Dwight is a bit immature and mercurial. He dropped an extra year in a city he already had decided to leave when he waffled his way to giving Orlando another extension of his contract for no reason. I would give better odds on him changing his mind after buying a house than many other players.