• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew is the Dumbest coach in the league!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

1. Teague got into early foul trouble and had to sit. It's also the only reason Morrow got in the game. Korver is a big body on an undersized team, so of course he is going to get a ton of minutes whether his shot is on or not. 2. As I said, Morrow only got minutes in the first place once Teague was in foul trouble. Lou is our sixth man and has been a scoring machine for us in the 4th. He had one bad game and you don't bench a guy like that for a bad shooting night. If Lou would have ended the game on a streak, there would have been not question why he was out there. 3. Morrow was matched up against Lewis because that is what happens when you are an undersized team and Smith and Korver need a break. Deshawn was on LeBron, so you end up with 6'4" 210 Morrow vs. 6'10" 230 Lewis.

So let me get this strait... You replace your starting point guard with a shooting guard and play him against a 6'10" small forward?

4. Ivan wasn't that great in the 5 minutes he was out there. He is outmatched against Bosh and Battier and he isn't a scoring threat.

4th best +/- and he was somehow less effective that all of those players with negative +/- results?

5. Drew had success with working the offense through Josh in the post in the Indiana game until they started double teaming him. Drew was just going to what worked.

I'm pretty sure that Drew isn't dumb enough to think that Sam Young and Labron have the same defensive abilities. Maybe he does.

6. LD isn't a bad coach and doesn't suck, but he isn't great either and there is room for improvement. He isn't nearly as bad as John Kuester's stint in Detroit.

I'm pretty Sure that LD has better players to work with

• Moderators

So let me get this strait... You replace your starting point guard with a shooting guard and play him against a 6'10" small forward?

Teague and Horford were replaced by Harris and Morrow. Lewis was subbed in for Battier. The lineup was then: C - Pachulia PF - Tolliver SF - Morrow SG - Williams PG - Harris vs. C - Haslem PF - James SF - Lewis SG - Allen PG - Cole LD had Morrow at the check in desk before Lewis. 6'5" Morrow was set to be on 6'8" Battier, who just hangs out in the corner and shoots 3's, not 6'10" Lewis who is multidimensional. It sounds like all you are doing is checking the box scores... If you are this confused on what actually happens in the games maybe you should start watching them instead of trying to argue about games you didn't watch... As Mark Cuban once said, "Box scores tell you nothing on how the game was played... they're useless" or something to that affect... At least read the play-by-play...

4th best +/- and he was somehow less effective that all of those players with negative +/- results?

Ivan isn't an offensive threat and we were in an offensive battle... Ivan plays PF and LeBron, Bosh, and Haslem were the PF's for a good bit of the game. You really want Ivan on LeBron or Bosh? LD needed minutes for Smith, Horford, and Pachulia not Ivan...

I'm pretty sure that Drew isn't dumb enough to think that Sam Young and Labron have the same defensive abilities. Maybe he does.

Fact is that Josh is the man here now in Atlanta now that JJ2 is gone. The offense runs through him and I'd rather see Josh and the paint instead of outside... He's just gotta learn that although the offense runs through him, that doesn't mean he has to do it by himself...

I'm pretty Sure that LD has better players to work with

C - Greg Monroe PF - Jason Maxiel SF - Tayshaun Prince SG - Richard Hamilton PG - Rodney Stuckey Bench: SG - Gordon C - B. Wallace SF - McGrady PG - Bynum Keuster had a good lineup with much of the 2004 championship team that also made it to the ECF 6-straight times. Kuester was so bad that the team mutinied against him...

2 early fouls for Teague kept him out pretty much the whole 1st quarter.

Drew and this 2 fould rule sucks....he did it with Al alot and at the end of most games Al onede up with 3 or 4 fouls. Sometimes you have to put the onous on the players regarding the fouls.

• Premium Member

Teague and Horford were replaced by Harris and Morrow. Lewis was subbed in for Battier. The lineup was then: C - Pachulia PF - Tolliver SF - Morrow SG - Williams PG - Harris vs. C - Haslem PF - James SF - Lewis SG - Allen PG - Cole LD had Morrow at the check in desk before Lewis. 6'5" Morrow was set to be on 6'8" Battier, who just hangs out in the corner and shoots 3's, not 6'10" Lewis who is multidimensional.

Once Spostra brought in Lewis why didn't LD counter by getting a taller guy in the game to play small forward? You don't have to play Devin Harris, Lou Williams and Morrow at the same time.

It sounds like all you are doing is checking the box scores... If you are this confused on what actually happens in the games maybe you should start watching them instead of trying to argue about games you didn't watch...

Not confused about what happened in the game because I did watch the game. Just confused by the moves the LD made which were stupid and per the usual, the Dude got out coached on once again by rigidly sticking to his set substitutions.

Ivan isn't an offensive threat and we were in an offensive battle... Ivan plays PF and LeBron, Bosh, and Haslem were the PF's for a good bit of the game. You really want Ivan on LeBron or Bosh? LD needed minutes for Smith, Horford, and Pachulia not Ivan...

Horford was getting abused by Bosh and Josh wasn't fairing too much better with Lebron. I agree that Zaza should have played more minutes but your favorite coach chose only to give him 14 minutes last night.

Fact is that Josh is the man here now in Atlanta now that JJ2 is gone. The offense runs through him and I'd rather see Josh and the paint instead of outside... He's just gotta learn that although the offense runs through him, that doesn't mean he has to do it by himself...

The fact is that Josh Smith sucks in that role and you have to be the only poster that thinks its a good idea to have him serve in that role. Funny how you can think that josh is so vital to the success of this offense when in reality he totally destroys the flow with his poor decisions and his bad hands. Not to mention his bad free throw shooting. Edited by Peoriabird

I was unable to see the game today... but how does a shooter like Morrow play like he did the other night end up with a DNP the very next night? Why are today's coaches so dumb? I mean, really.... It seems to be a league wide problem. Morrow played so well vs. Miami and gets a DNP for his efforts. Do coaches not reward the players that give the hard effort anymore? Does there always have to be some sort of agenda that gets in the way of common sense and logic? Al might not be the guy you build your team a lot, but it seems fairly obvious that we're better off when he takes more shots that Josh... Yet, Josh gets to do whatever he wants out there. It's shit.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Is he a good coach? Same people said Woody was garbage, and he is now coaching the undefeated NY Knicks.

• Moderators

Fratello, Wilkens. Heck even Stotts was better than LD.

I forgot about my post here. Wilkens really? One of the reasons he was let go was because he didn't play young players. People though Ed Gray should be getting more time. And Stotts? Many fault Stotts for screwing our tanking by letting sura and jax win meaningless games for us. I see some pining for Woody. Woody started Royal Ivey and pulled him 5 minutes in no matter what.

I forgot about my post here. Wilkens really? One of the reasons he was let go was because he didn't play young players. People though Ed Gray should be getting more time. And Stotts? Many fault Stotts for screwing our tanking by letting sura and jax win meaningless games for us. I see some pining for Woody. Woody started Royal Ivey and pulled him 5 minutes in no matter what.

yeah I remember that with Woody. Ivey started and Lue would come in at the 6 minute mark no matter how the game started

• Premium Member

Larry Drew can be really frustrating at times. He "ums" and "uhs" his way through his interviews. He really doesn't seem like a guy that can really motivate his players. With that said, I really doubt he is the dumbest coach in the league.I give Larry credit for making the playoffs interesting since he has been a coach. We upset the Magic in his first year and played well in the second round against the Bulls.We lost in the first round last year, but I felt it was a pretty good series (minus that one game). He also did a really good job with the team last year.With Woody, you knew that we would struggle in the first round and get creamed in the second round. I think that Hawks core was still not getting any respect because of what happened in the playoffs when Woody was our coach.I hope that Ferry keeps it open after this year and interviews multiple candidates for the open coaching job after the season is over. If he feels that Drew is still the best option, then go ahead and give him an extension.

Case in point...We are without Horford and Zaza goes out to be stitched up... What does Drew do? He puts Petro and Ivan in at the same time. Does this strike anyone else as odd??On a side note, Ivan is stepping up. He's even got a little jumper action going.