• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

You cant demand respect without change

Wurider05

I could definitely bring us a respectable championship level frontcourt.Trade Teague in a package for Tayshaun Prince then do the Smith trade for GasolPrinceHorfordGasolThat frontline is one of the best in the league. Smart players that don't play stupid ball. Then trade Horford next if he keeps wanting to bring the ball up the court. We have to reign this team in, that is the issue.

• Moderators

I am sorry for yet another Josh thread. Josh Smith signifies what is wrong with this franchise and our image. Josh Smith has serious flaws in his game and his BBIQ. This is his 9th season we have watched him develop and we know what he is. I have seen nothing in this kid that warrants building a team around him. The Hawks got laughed at when we signed JJ. No one ever said that JJ was a bad player but everyone agreed that he was overpaid. J Smoove is incapable of providing us what JJ did and he is now suppose to be the "man". We would be a fool to resign this guy. 1. Gasol is better than Josh Smith. Period 2. We traded JJ because of his salary not because it was Josh Smith's team. I think that Josh and his camp may have taken it the wrong way. 3. Teague/Horford is a great combo 4. LD needs to be fired and should have never been hired to begin with. I will standby my opinion that the teague/jj/marvin/Smoove/Horf was capable of so much more but this team has been doomed by bad coaching from the very start. 5 are we that low of a franchise that we have to build around players like Josh Smith. To me the biggest sign of what the coaches think of him is that fact that they didn't pick him for the allstar team or the olympics. We will never become more than a bush league 2nd rate franchise if we continue to think small and that goes from the owners down to the ball boy. I am not sold on Ferry as most of you are but I hope he understands the big picture and how we can never demand respect around the league unless we change our culture and way of thinking

I agree with you 100%. Gasol is better at his position than Josh is at his, but you can't say Gasol hasn't benefited from having the likes of Kobe, Bynum, and Dwight around him and being able to fly under the radar in Memphis. Josh has always been in the spotlight in Atlanta ever since he won that dunk contest in 2005. He has received a ton of blame and is why he had those trade demands. I don't believe anyone felt that this was ever Josh's team while Joe was here. I believe a few felt that Josh and Horford were better all-around players than Joe, but no one felt that it was Josh's team during Joe's stint. Now that Joe is gone though, Josh is the man here in Atlanta. He is the focus player. Horford and Teague are a great combo. I believe Teague has come into his own this season and is developing a clutch gene. LD is killing this guy's chances into becoming elite though. Horford does what he does. He is efficient and a winner. It just kills me that fans even consider trading Horford/Teague. LD needs to be gone because he, like Woody, doesn't know how to develop talent. If it wasn't for Bibby getting injured and Teague getting that chance vs. Chicago, Teague may not even be in the league right now. Josh's development has a lot to do with coaching too. If this team is to advance, we need a coach that can develop Jenkins and Scott and manages the clock and player's minutes better. I believe Ferry knows this too and I believe he knows how to make a winner. Don't be surprised if Weiss gets a promotion and becomes our HC. IFWT

I was sold on Ferry for a while, but I'm about to see if I can get my money back.I can't see how he could possibly watch this team play and atleast not be open to the idea of trading josh (especially with an expiring contract). I would understand if he were atleast selling tickets and we had tons of fans showing up to the games to watch the hometown kid play.I know we aren't anywhere near being a championship level team, but I'd atleast like for our gm to throw together a team that is likeable enough to watch. Its getting harder and harder to root for a team led by one of the lowest bbiq players I have ever seen in my life. And then his overall attitude on the court, just whining all the time is getting so old already.

What in the blue hell is 1.5 years of Gasol going to accomplish. I would rather take Al Jefferson and Josh for the same price. You know he's another Danny Manning and will vacate just as fast.2 first rounders + 30 million to spend along with Horford, Smith, LL, and Teague is the epitome of thinking big.

What in the blue hell is 1.5 years of Gasol going to accomplish. I would rather take Al Jefferson and Josh for the same price. You know he's another Danny Manning and will vacate just as fast. 2 first rounders + 30 million to spend along with Horford, Smith, LL, and Teague is the epitome of thinking big.

Who the hell is LL?

• Moderators

I don't know about this year but i believe Lou was one of the most efficient scorers in the league last year. Plus the guy gets to the line. Back to the spirit of the thread. I think what is going on is that LD sees that Teague can be a top tier point guard in this league and is being tough on him to eliminate some of his bad play. I think the plan may be different for Josh. LD knows that Josh isn't going to change much and benching him will cause discontent and distractions. Ferry has probably told him they are shopping Josh. A discontented Josh is going to fetch a lower price as teams will realize that the Hawks need to unload him or that they can wait till the summer and sign him.

• Premium Member

We will never become more than a bush league 2nd rate franchise if we continue to think small and that goes from the owners down to the ball boy. I am not sold on Ferry as most of you are but I hope he understands the big picture and how we can never demand respect around the league unless we change our culture and way of thinking

Y'know, for all my raving rhetoric and drawn out blazey-blah...this is what it really comes down to. That part in bold. It's like when I was in the military, and guys would bitch and moan about being deployed, doing details, getting up at 2 and 3 A.M...the thing is, you have to do what you have to do. And you can't bitch about it or be scared or timid. We got work to do...

We can't be foolish...but we have to get rid of this small ball mentality. Nobody wants to see that shit. Nobody wants to be a part of it. You've got to throw all that shit out of the window and put the focus on building a team that other teams fear. You don't ask how and when and all these other questions. You just SHUT UP AND DO.

Whatever it takes man.

Edited by Wretch