• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What was up with Al's free throw shooting tonight?

capstone21

The same thing that was up with Jeff Teague missing a million easy looking floaters. If we had have made easy simple shots all night we would have won by 20, but I am not even mad I expect this type of stuff. Probably going to lose to Charlotte Friday

For Al to have this that type of performance from the FT line, it is either one of two things:1. He has an injury.2. A major personal situation off-the-court happened that has occupied his thoughtsAl isn't a rookie, and is a five-year veteran, missing 9 shots from the FT is more than just an off night...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Horford is my favorite player, so take what I say knowing that.He's been good this year..but he is missing his reliable jump shot and aggressiveness that he showed before his injury.I think he is just off..his game isn't there yet. He's playing soft and it's showing in all aspects of his game.

He doesn't look comfortable or confident shooting FTs or his mid-range shot. I have no idea what's going on because as you said he's normally reliable. This was absolutely one of the worst FT shooting performances I have ever seen.

Agreed...and he wasn't just a little off...the guy was seriously struggling. I remember posting in the chatroom that I bet he was glad on that last inside basket he made that he was glad that the ref didn't give him an opportunity for an "and 1".

Once...as he was getting into his bad streak...he missed first way short...just got the rim...then missed long and right with the second.

Once he started missing he kind of looked out of sorts at the line - kinda spooked - maybe he had an ear infection or something. His balance seemed to be off. No way a consistent shooter goes bad like that with nothing else going on.

Of course there is another possibilty (that I thought of after some drinks)...it could be that Korver sold his soul to the devil to be a heroic shooter again and he is sucking the shots out of our other shooters in order to feed his own skills. He may have realized that he was sucking away Smoove's FT shooting skills too much and moved on to AL...(similar to a Vampire that moves from host to host...will Jeff Teague be next?).

Just a thought....is Kyle Korver a Vampire?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enquiring minds want to know!

Edited by DJlaysitup

I cringe when any Hawks player misses one free throw. Josh has been

terrible there this season. Suddenly, he's better. He was hitting some

of his. Wow! Great! He's finally snapping out of his funk.

Horford has something wrong. No question about it. He's a pro and he

misses and misses and misses. It may be mental. The more he shoots

without success, the harder he tries and the more he can't get his shot

to fall.

Someone mentioned an inner ear infection. This will cause balance problems

and this would certainly throw off your ability to hit those shots.

I did a lot of cringing last night. This game wasn't close - - IF Horford hits

those free throws. We were wintin a split second of losing this one and

free throws were the culpit.

This team has so many things go wrong. Previous game, two of our starters

failed to score in the first half - - Terrible, yet we won. Last night, Horford

couldn't find the goal from the charity stripe,- - Yet, Hawks won.

When everything goes right for this Hawk team, they pose a real problem

for any opponent. We'll get there yet!

GO HAWKS!!

Posted Image