• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HOOPSWORLD: Hungry Hungry Horfords

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Horford's Cheer to Self: "Be. Aggressive. B. E. Aggressive..."

http://www.hoopsworl...-leading-hawks/

Horford missed the majority of the 2012 campaign after suffering a torn pectoral muscle and says the time away from the court has actually made him hungrier and also helped him to gain a better appreciation for the game itself.

“No question,” Horford said to HOOPSWORLD on the injury helping him rediscover a love for the game. “I’m definitely a lot hungrier now to be better and to help our team be the best team that we can be. I feel very confident with the team we have. I just want us to keep building each day because I think we haven’t reached the ceiling for our team yet and that’s something to look forward to.”

Being aggressive offensively is an area of the game where Horford has been much more assertive this season. The sixth-year center is averaging a career-high 13 field goal attempts per game, which is up nearly four attempts per appearance compared to last season. During the Hawks’ first twelve games, Horford has registered fewer than double-digit shot attempts just once.

“I had a chance to grow last year by sitting out and watching the game,” Horford said. “It gave me a different perspective on how the offense flows by watching Josh [smith] and Zaza [Pachulia]. I picked up things, which helped my game. So [being aggressive] was one of the things I tried to focus on this offseason.”

There were plenty of questions facing the new-look Hawks entering the season. Outside of the departure of six-time All-Star guard Joe Johnson, who was traded to Brooklyn, the team has at least eight guys on the roster essentially playing in contract years.

Horford says he is encouraged by the professionalism displayed early on by his teammates heading toward free agency and doesn’t see any hint of me-first mentalities creeping into the locker room.

“It’s early in the year but I am encouraged to see that guys are about the team and about playing the right way,” Horford said. “That’s important. When we play like that, I think that’s when we’re at our best. When we are not sharing the ball as much, I think that’s when we get into trouble.”

“I think we’re still adjusting,” Horford added. “I think we’re ways away from really clicking the way we want. It’s a good thing because we’re [8-4], but there is still room to grow.”

~lw3 Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

His reliable jump shot has been off so far. Seems like his post game and movement off the ball (probably because he knows he might get it) have improved.Once the boss can hit his open jumpers again, we will see at least a good 2-4 ppg improvement.