• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking Forward

Jody23

we can't afford all of those players! LOL!

Retaining Teague, DeShawn, Ivan and Mike Scott, along with Al, Lou and JJ we are at 26.3 mil. soft cap will be around 60 mil., luxury tax at 71 mil.(at least). This leaves 44 million to spend. We may be able to get Dwight, Josh, Zaza and Allen for 41 mil.(19,14, 4,4) and fill the roster with vetmins (3 players 3 mil.). One of the 4 is rookie scale. DeShawn is a team option and his numbers could be vetmin if he accepts it. That takes the 26.3 down to 25 mil pushing the spendable to 45.3. making 3 players for 4.3 mil to spend. Then sign Korver for 2.5, 1st round rookie gets 1.5 and two vetmins or rooks and we are at or just above the LT. If we have a team of Teague/Lou/vetmin Allen/DeShawn/JJ Josh/Korver/vetmin Al/Ivan/Scott Dwight/Zaza Philips is filled and LT is not a matter. Edited by Swatguy

What is it that makes you guys think that Dwight is coming here? I seriously do not get it. He already said he doesn't want to play here and he just bought a house in LA. Things in LA would need to get seriously bad for him to consider leaving for anywhere, let alone Atlanta. I understand the excitement of the possibility but seriously all it is is a pipedream.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What is it that makes you guys think that Dwight is coming here? I seriously do not get it. He already said he doesn't want to play here and he just bought a house in LA. Things in LA would need to get seriously bad for him to consider leaving for anywhere, let alone Atlanta. I understand the excitement of the possibility but seriously all it is is a pipedream.

I agree it is not likely he is coming here but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he left LA. Especially if they don't go to the finals. If the Hawks are able to generate some buzz and surprise people though attitudes can change quickly. Buying a house for a guy like Dwight doesn't mean squat.

I agree it is not likely he is coming here but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he left LA. Especially if they don't go to the finals. If the Hawks are able to generate some buzz and surprise people though attitudes can change quickly. Buying a house for a guy like Dwight doesn't mean squat.

But a 20 million dollar one though? Factor in the money he dropped on that house with the money he'd lose for signing anywhere else as a none Bird free agent, loss of his Adidas bonuses for being in the LA market, numerous baby mamas loss of money from no longer being on a national and internationally known brand. etc, etc.

We like to think of athletes as these ultimate competitors but these divas prefer the side of the Jordan model where he made more money off the court than on. Dwight leaving LA hurts him on both and it's not as if he did his rep any favors with the way he left Orlando. He can survive burning that market (maybe) but not them and the LA market in a span of 14 months.

• Moderators

But a 20 million dollar one though? Factor in the money he dropped on that house with the money he'd lose for signing anywhere else as a none Bird free agent, loss of his Adidas bonuses for being in the LA market, numerous baby mamas loss of money from no longer being on a national and internationally known brand. etc, etc.

We like to think of athletes as these ultimate competitors but these divas prefer the side of the Jordan model where he made more money off the court than on. Dwight leaving LA hurts him on both and it's not as if he did his rep any favors with the way he left Orlando. He can survive burning that market (maybe) but not them and the LA market in a span of 14 months.

He can have a house in LA no matter where he plays though. I hear what you are saying but if the Lakers don't make the finals, and especially if there is finger pointing in his direction, i can see him going to play with Rose in Chicago or even going to a new york team. He doesn't really like kobe, and Nash and Pau are sliding. I think the reason he didn't want LA to begin with is he wants to be somewhere with another star that's in their prime. Of course the flip side is that i expect them to win it all.

• Premium Member

What does Teague have to do to get some love from this fan base and LD?

My post wasn't bashing Teague at all. I have always been a huge Teague supporter.With that said, he needs to have this type of play (aggressive, good assist totals, good scoring) for a full season before I completely buy into him being our PG of the future.If he does that, it just gives us more options moving forward. We can focus on the SF/C/PF positions. Edited by cam1218