• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is exactly what I'm talking about

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Kyle Korver, who is suffering from back spasms, will not play tonight against the Cavaliers. The guard did not participate in the team shootaround Friday morning but was at Philips Arena. Coach Larry Drew confirmed he will be the inactive player following the workout. Korver missed Tuesdays practice and left Wednesdays game against the Bobcats in the third quarter with the injury. The Hawks dont play again until Wednesday affording Korver plenty of rest.In Korvers place, Devin Harris will start at the shooting guard position. Look for the Hawks to play even more up-tempo with essentially two point guards on the court to start the game.The rest of the starting lineup will be DeShawn Stevenson at small forward, Josh Smith at power forward and Al Horford at center.Drew doesn't value rebounding!

Without Korver we will need more shooters on the floor. Lets wait and see the outcome of this decision.We have to remember Zaza is our only other center besides Al - Petro is a waste of space. And Ivan is our only reliable backup PF. Mike Scott hasn't really proven anything yet. We need these guys to play well off the bench to give starters a rest. Otherwise our 2nd team would get handled.

Edited by HawkFan

• Premium Member

Without Korver we will need more shooters on the floor. Lets wait and see the outcome of this decision.We have to remember Zaza is our only other center besides Al - Petro is a waste of space. And Ivan is our only reliable backup PF. Mike Scott hasn't really proven anything yet. We need these guys to play well off the bench to give starters a rest. Otherwise our 2nd team would get handled.

I would exactly anoint either Stevenson or Harris as "shooters" one is shooting 39% and the other 37%

Kyle Korver, who is suffering from back spasms, will not play tonight against the Cavaliers. The guard did not participate in the team shootaround Friday morning but was at Philips Arena. Coach Larry Drew confirmed he will be the inactive player following the workout. Korver missed Tuesdays practice and left Wednesdays game against the Bobcats in the third quarter with the injury. The Hawks dont play again until Wednesday affording Korver plenty of rest.In Korvers place, Devin Harris will start at the shooting guard position. Look for the Hawks to play even more up-tempo with essentially two point guards on the court to start the game.The rest of the starting lineup will be DeShawn Stevenson at small forward, Josh Smith at power forward and Al Horford at center.Drew doesn't value rebounding!

I would think that tonight would have been a good time to roll out the big lineup with the way that Andy V has been owning the glass. I suspect that if we come out and are getting handled there that we'll see Drew get Zaza in the game early. I'm guessing that LD is more worried about Waiters and the Cavs scorerers than he is their bigs, so we'll see if that's the right strategy or not.

I'm sure that if we lose tonight that LD "will be an idiot" but if we win tonight it will be *crickets around here from the anti-LD crowd.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Does Drew value rebounding? The answer is obviously no. Again he trots out the small lineup. The small lineup that struggles to beat the likes of the Wizards and Bobcats because he wants to "match-up" or play "up tempo". It seems he doesn't get it and never will.

At the moment, they are outrebounding the Hawks 30 to 20.

We started out the 1st quarter rebounding pretty well but they got lazy and stopped boxing out and we ended up getting obliterated there. Not sure it would have mattered who we played tonight as nobody seemed interested in rebounding, but I sure would have liked to have seen Ivan get more than 9 minutes.

• Premium Member

We started out the 1st quarter rebounding pretty well but they got lazy and stopped boxing out and we ended up getting obliterated there. Not sure it would have mattered who we played tonight as nobody seemed interested in rebounding, but I sure would have liked to have seen Ivan get more than 9 minutes.

Respect your opinion, but I'm sure the lineup did matter alot.

Zaza was +3 and Stevenson was-15...enough said!

Yeah Zaza with his 2 points and 2 rebounds were clearly the reason for that +3! Couldn't have had anything to do with playing mostly with Al and his +6 or playing during that stretches when we went on a tear with Ivan getting a +18.

• Like 1

Respect your opinion, but I'm sure the lineup did matter alot.

And I yours, but Zaza wasn't going to make a difference tonight. He wasn't rebounding and he couldn't even hit a dang layup and we know he doesn't do much defensively in the paint so tonight wasn't going to be a night where Zaza made a difference.

• Premium Member

And I yours, but Zaza wasn't going to make a difference tonight. He wasn't rebounding and he couldn't even hit a dang layup and we know he doesn't do much defensively in the paint so tonight wasn't going to be a night where Zaza made a difference.

Maybe its just coincidence but for the 2nd game in a row, a lead vanished when Zaza was taken out of the game and replaced by your favorite player.

• Premium Member

I agree that ZaZa didn't do much tonight, but something must be done about this lineup. It simply stinks rebounding wise and you can't win like that.