• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Rooks Are In Bakersfield Now

PSSSHHHRRR87

You need 13, I think we have 12, only one spot open. Probably will be someone that can help with rebounding. Brian Butch is the top rebounding C in the D League and has been successful down there for the last couple of years. I think he deserves a shot.Interesting Rebounding Prospects in the D LeagueDaniel OrtonJeff AdrienKevin JonesBrian Butch

• Premium Member

I don't think a D League call up will help as he's likely to never see the floor. These rebounding woes will continue until a SERIOUS rotation change is made or a significant roster move is made to address the problem. Simply asking Horf and Josh to do it predominantly in lineups where they're both undersized is too much.

Edited by Jody23

• Moderators

Rebounding? What's that?Ferry will probably call up Michael Redd, and see if he wants to make a little money before Christmas.

I am personally a big fan of Redd, but I wonder about his knees and how much PT he would be looking for. LD has a hard enough time trying to find enough PT for the guards now... I think Fesenko has a better shot.

Great for the players themselves to get some pt but as a Hawk fan I don't expect them at all to ever play real minutes for us. Problem is and I'm going to sound like a broken record saying this...Hawks NEVER develop young guys unless there is an injury in the roster. I understand Ferry is trying to change that but I'll believe that when I see it.

• Premium Member

I find it ironic that I correctly predicted Jenkins and Scott would most likely be in the D-league and people were criticizing me for "hating" on the young guys because I said they wouldn't really be much of a help to us. Turns out Sothron was right again.

I find it ironic that I correctly predicted Jenkins and Scott would most likely be in the D-league and people were criticizing me for "hating" on the young guys because I said they wouldn't really be much of a help to us. Turns out Sothron was right again.Who knows whether they could be much of a help or not. You actually have to play meaningful minutes to know that for sure. I'm not sure why this move to the D-league is much of a surprise given our new affiliation and Ferry's insistence on developing young players. It seems like this would be an obvious move but hey if you say people disagreed and hated on you for it then I guess they must have... Although I'm certainly not one of them. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

• Premium Member

I find it ironic that I correctly predicted Jenkins and Scott would most likely be in the D-league and people were criticizing me for "hating" on the young guys because I said they wouldn't really be much of a help to us. Turns out Sothron was right again.Who knows whether they could be much of a help or not. You actually have to play meaningful minutes to know that for sure. I'm not sure why this move to the D-league is much of a surprise given our new affiliation and Ferry's insistence on developing young players. It seems like this would be an obvious move but hey if you say people disagreed and hated on you for it then I guess they must have... Although I'm certainly not one of them.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

• Premium Member

I find it ironic that I correctly predicted Jenkins and Scott would most likely be in the D-league and people were criticizing me for "hating" on the young guys because I said they wouldn't really be much of a help to us. Turns out Sothron was right again.Who knows whether they could be much of a help or not. You actually have to play meaningful minutes to know that for sure. I'm not sure why this move to the D-league is much of a surprise given our new affiliation and Ferry's insistence on developing young players. It seems like this would be an obvious move but hey if you say people disagreed and hated on you for it then I guess they must have... Although I'm certainly not one of them.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Ok...not sure if quote works right or not...but I never said you were one of the ones who disagreed with me. Not sure why you would have to post to say that?

Ok...not sure if quote works right or not...but I never said you were one of the ones who disagreed with me. Not sure why you would have to post to say that?

I didn't say you said I was one of them, just saying that I wasn't one of them.

The posts with quotes that are posted from Tapatalk are broken right now as they are not compatible with the new version of the forum software, that's why it looks messed up.

If I understand correctly, it's possible to watch D-League games

on the computer. I plan to find out if I can do this. If so, then

tonight, in about 15 minutes, I plan to try watching.

I watched several of the Dream's games on the computer this summer

and it wasn't bad at all.

I'll let you know.

GO D-LEAGUE HAWKS!!