• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Interesting Guys that Could help Rebound down in D League

MrMeltdown

Brian ButchDaniel OrtonJeff AdrienKevin JonesWildcardJarvis VarnadoLooks like Kevin Jones is the Cavs property which is more bad news for us as he is a rebounding beast and the most efficient player currently in the D League. Guess we will be getting beat down on the boards for years to come by the Cavs.Jarvis Varnado is a wildcard because his rebounding has never been consistent but you add the decent rebounding to the exceptional shot blocking and this guy could be a good get. He is the 4th most efficient player down there.Jeff Adreian is interesting listed as a SF and is a great rebounder he is the 11th most efficient player in the D League.Brian Butch is the 23rd most efficient player down there but the best Center rebounder and a beast at that.Daniel Orton is the 28th most efficient player in the D League and rebounding great down there.My biggest question is how can we tell which of these players is a FA as opposed to being assigned down there by a specific team?

Edited by MrMeltdown

I always wanted Varnado on this team. LOL @ his 2 game D-league stat aveages16 ppg11 rebs7 blksHe can't be any worse than Bismack Biyombo in Charlotte if he comes to the NBA.I say Ferry will sign a vet though. My money is on Michael Redd ( if he's healthy ). Or worse . . James Anderson. I'd be shocked if Damion James is brought in.

• Like 1

I always wanted Varnado on this team. LOL @ his 2 game D-league stat aveages16 ppg11 rebs7 blksHe can't be any worse than Bismack Biyombo in Charlotte if he comes to the NBA.I say Ferry will sign a vet though. My money is on Michael Redd ( if he's healthy ). Or worse . . James Anderson. I'd be shocked if Damion James is brought in.

The Spurs re-signed Anderson. I don't know if a rebounding center or power forward is what we need though. We have Zaza and Ivan who are both god rebounders, but they don't even get enough minutes. It all rests on the shoulders of Josh and Horf. They NEED to rebound better. Signing somebody who isn't going to see the court won't help.

I totally agree about Varnado and I think with his ability to help protect the rim he could get some playing time. He adds something that no-one other than Josh gives this team consistently and there is no vet out there just sitting around that can add that either. Redd would be just over the top overkill when you already have Korver, Morrow, Jenkins, etc. available to you. Edited by MrMeltdown

• Moderators

The Spurs re-signed Anderson. I don't know if a rebounding center or power forward is what we need though. We have Zaza and Ivan who are both god rebounders, but they don't even get enough minutes. It all rests on the shoulders of Josh and Horf. They NEED to rebound better. Signing somebody who isn't going to see the court won't help.

A small forward who could rebound and play with Josh and Al would be an asset for sure.

Korver and Stephenson don't deliver that.

Give me Jarvis vanardo over everybody. Has the potential to be so much more than the rest of those guys. Offensively he's a little challenged but he brings things defensively that none of those guys can. He can be a game changer, I hope we give him a shot before somebody else does

• Like 1