• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

SMH

thecampster

Anyone on this board that knows me knows I'm the biggest Josh fan ever but how does a power forward do this?

3PT FG% 46.2%

FG% - 44.7%

How in the world does a power forward shoot better from 3 for the year than he does from 2.....or better yet, how does a power forward who is one of the best finishers in the game and is shooting 46% from 3 still shoot under 50% from the floor?

• Premium Member

Anyone on this board that knows me knows I'm the biggest Josh fan ever but how does a power forward do this? 3PT FG% 46.2% FG% - 44.7% How in the world does a power forward shoot better from 3 for the year than he does from 2.....or better yet, how does a power forward who is one of the best finishers in the game and is shooting 46% from 3 still shoot under 50% from the floor?

It can happen because as talented as Josh is, he's not a prototypical PF. He's never been. For that matter, he's not a prototypical SF either. He's a hybrid or combo forward who's never really felt comfortable playing primarily with his back to the basket in the post as a PF. But even with that being the case, it seems he'll find a way to impact the game.

• Moderators

Anyone on this board that knows me knows I'm the biggest Josh fan ever but how does a power forward do this?

3PT FG% 46.2%

FG% - 44.7%

How in the world does a power forward shoot better from 3 for the year than he does from 2.....or better yet, how does a power forward who is one of the best finishers in the game and is shooting 46% from 3 still shoot under 50% from the floor?

Because he is shooting a lot more two's than he is three's... According to ESPN, Smith has attempted 275 FG's and 26 3PT's. Also, this is really the first season Smith has made an effort to working inside and a lot of his shots have been contested/blocked in the paint. I think the Memphis game was when he finally became comfortable working inside and I expect his FG% to be at or about .500 by seasons end. Plus, he was 4/5 last night from 3, so that'll improve his numbers out there...