• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Was Nique taking Jabs at Perkins?

Blunt91

Maybe he was just stating what he felt was the truth, but it seemed like Nique was belittling Perkins as a player. There was a point where Perkins and Kover had a jump ball, Nique stated "Kover could possibly win this tip." Then there was a point when Collison first came in the game. Nique said something to the affect that the only reason collins was coming off the bench is that you need some type of person who can score otherwise Perkins would be benched.

It just kind of seemed like he was taking jabs at perk all game long.

Nique being Nique..........it was tame compared to how he went off on Jordan Crawford the entire 1st half of the Tuesday night game. Then Crawford caught fire in the 2nd half and almost won the Wiz the game.

I was just about to type this. Nique goes after Jordan relentlessly, and has done it ever since he was traded. Why? I don't know.

Nique picks at least one player from the opposing team to pick on every night. Sometimes it seems predetermined, other times he's just going with whoever's playing the worst.

I was just about to type this. Nique goes after Jordan relentlessly, and has done it ever since he was traded. Why? I don't know.

Well last game was the first time Crawford looked like a NBA player against the Hawks.

We can't forget that Nique is a jock and a once great player so you may find him ranting on guys from time to time about how they play or their skill level not being up to par. That's actually one of the most entertaining aspects of his broadcasting style as other areas are near cringe-worthy. I remember last season when Bob was talking up a graphic with Joe moving up the all-time Hawk scoring list and Nique practically cut him off with "he won't catch me!" It's even more hilarious now considering that it was prophetic but I like that he takes pride in his past accomplishments and isn't overally mean spirited in his jabs. I'll only worry if he gets to "Kobe talking about Smush Parker" levels.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind it if he wasn't so repetitive. He'll pick out something he doesn't like about a player and then tell you about it 100 more times that night. Often times he won't even change up his delivery, he'll say the exact same words over and over and over again. It's worse when he's clearly misinformed like last night when he was calling out Ibaka for taking jumpers.

Edited by High5
  • Like 1