• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why is Josh continuing to shoot so many 3's?

JackB1

Doesn't seem like hate to me; I think everything he said was accurate. This isn't about Smith. It's about the Hawks and Smith needs to play the game that is going to best advance his team. Unfortunately, his athleticism is at or near the downward side and he's not longer quick, not that he ever was that quick.I would absolutely not give him another contract unless he'd take under $11 million a year and play right. If he played right the rest of the season, i'd be willing to add a million to that number.Rather trade him for a young big and a first though.

thanks TB for the intelligent response. Of course I don't hate Josh Smith...he is an immature kid with a lot of talent that has never been properly coached. Woodson gave him lots of slack and Drew just continued along the same path. Its amazing how most people here just say "that's just something we have to accept with Josh". Could you imagine if EVERY player was given the same slack with their game?

I agree with you with the outside shooting. That's a NO NO. I wouldn't pay Josh that much either if I was a GM, although he is my favorite player in the NBA. I'm the type of person who rather point out the positive things rather than the negative; especially when he is doing more things right than wrong. I mean hey, he is in the top 10 for MVP voting after all. I just wish more people would appreciate what he does instead of focusing all on one aspect of his game. Posted Image

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

I agree with you with the outside shooting. That's a NO NO. I wouldn't pay Josh that much either if I was a GM, although he is my favorite player in the NBA. I'm the type of person who rather point out the positive things rather than the negative; especially when he is doing more things right than wrong. I mean hey, he is in the top 10 for MVP voting after all. I just wish more people would appreciate what he does instead of focusing all on one aspect of his game. Posted Image

So maybe you're the person that should answer my: give me a senario where THE Hawks compete for a CHAMPIONSHIP in the next couple of years by keeping Smith. Horford is definately a keeper, Teague is a player, Smith tends to play like a bonehead. IF he would learn to play a team first game, he could be part of the solution. I'm way over waiting...hoping for that to happen.

Maybe the difference between you and me is that you're a Smith fan and I'm a Hawks fan.

that's great if you are happy with Josh posting decent fantasy numbers but continuing to play stupidly when it comes to the team winning big games. I am tired of making the playoffs and then exiting early. We NEED EVERYONE on the team to do WHAT'S BEST FOR THE TEAM. No exceptions....that's what wins championships. Edited by JackB1

typical Josh last night......scores over 30 points against a pretty bad Detroit team and then proceeds to take horrible shots in the last few minutes of the game. How about that air ball 3 and then that horrible fade away from the foul circle? This is why dude can't be trusted when the game is on the line....his brain just shuts off.

Edited by JackB1

Smooves shot selection in the first 3 quarters:Posted Image

Here is the rest of the game: Posted Image

Josh should take a lot of the blame because he is the one shooting the ball, but I wouldn't put all of the blame on him. LD needs to have the offense to keep feeding him the ball in the paint. To me it seems like when Teague is out on the bench (usually the 4th quarter), the ball don't move as well, and the PG at the time (Usually Lou) does not set up Josh & others at their best FG% spot. I've always noticed this, and that's why Josh FG% tends to start dropping towards the end of the game, and also why he jacks up dumb shots. LD needs to keep Teague on the floor in the 4th quarter more often.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

If he shoots a decent percentage, I'm ok with it, as long as it doesn't disrupt the flow of the game. If it is a momentum killer, then that's another matter altogether.

Then, who helps Horford rebound? Unless we get a legit C to pair with Horford inside, Smith needs to keep his game in or near the paint.