• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Check this out.

Diesel

I think your argument is actually backwards.

We have a 6'10 C that plays like he's 6'8 against big competition. See Horf vs. KG for a reference. Also, Horf has no goto move. I have called for it for years now. Where's the goto move for Horf. His points are scored off of pure garbage and hustle points. Those things disappear. So now we get to sit here and watch him get passed by all the young talent coming into the league. Both of Detroit's bigs will pass him. BLopez will pass him. He has familiarity with Noah so let's not talk about that matchup, but what happens when he matches up with a big who knows he's big? Horf disappears. With Cousins, what you get is a lot of talent and potential.

Since my original question, I have opted for a Smoove for Cousins trade. I'm not worried about the chemistry because if you build around a guy like Cousins, he will be a star. I'm more concerned with either overpaying a guy who we know will do the same thing and will eventually fade.. or watching same guy walk and we get nothing for him.

Who is the Center for Oklahoma City? What are his go to moves? Who is the Center for Clippers? What are his go to Moves?

If we were playing back in the 90s sure - the rule of thumb would be get a center with some low post moves and build a team around him. Unfortunately, the NBA has changed, and the center position has been marginalize - primary b/c there are not many good centers..So your logic is we should get a problematic center with potential and hope ATL can straighten him out...That is not how you build a championship team...Thank Goodness FERRY knows that...

The hawks are better suit getting some size in the backcourt with teague - a player that can attack the rim and shoot open jumpshots and play decent defense. I agree with you - I don't want to over pay for a center..and honestly all the Hawks need is serviceable, coachable, Big Man that will grab rebounds, box out effectively...and run the floor well...

I still vote for Tyreke Evans..for some expiring contracts.. Devin Harris, Morrow etc.,

• Premium Member

Who is the Center for Oklahoma City? What are his go to moves? Who is the Center for Clippers? What are his go to Moves?

If we were playing back in the 90s sure - the rule of thumb would be get a center with some low post moves and build a team around him. Unfortunately, the NBA has changed, and the center position has been marginalize - primary b/c there are not many good centers..So your logic is we should get a problematic center with potential and hope ATL can straighten him out...That is not how you build a championship team...Thank Goodness FERRY knows that...

The hawks are better suit getting some size in the backcourt with teague - a player that can attack the rim and shoot open jumpshots and play decent defense. I agree with you - I don't want to over pay for a center..and honestly all the Hawks need is serviceable, coachable, Big Man that will grab rebounds, box out effectively...and run the floor well...

I still vote for Tyreke Evans..for some expiring contracts.. Devin Harris, Morrow etc.,

Uhm.

When we get a Durant, CP3, or Blake Griffin... let me know.

Serviceable big gets you into the playoffs maybe... with good talent. We're not Miami or OKC and have outstanding talent and the ref's help. We have good talent that doesn't play flawless basketball. IN the wake of that, look at our rebounding versus these other teams. Look at our points in the paint vs. these other teams.

Tonight, we got outrebounded 62 to 47 and had to take a 9-22 team to 2 OTs to win. Fortunately, Detroit couldn't buy a foul otherwise, we would have lost this game.

• Premium Member

Uhm.When we get a Durant, CP3, or Blake Griffin... let me know.Serviceable big gets you into the playoffs maybe... with good talent. We're not Miami or OKC and have outstanding talent and the ref's help. We have good talent that doesn't play flawless basketball. IN the wake of that, look at our rebounding versus these other teams. Look at our points in the paint vs. these other teams.Tonight, we got outrebounded 62 to 47 and had to take a 9-22 team to 2 OTs to win. Fortunately, Detroit couldn't buy a foul otherwise, we would have lost this game.

62 to 47 is atrocious and frankly nauseating. But, LD is in love with small ball.

• Premium Member

Borg has maturity that Cousins can only dream about And he can run the floor with this team

I may have missed it, but who is Borg?

As immature as Cousins is, ultimately he is a premier basketball talent at a position that is currently thin on talent.

I'm willing to gamble on that for the price of Josh's ending contract.

Uhm.

When we get a Durant, CP3, or Blake Griffin... let me know.

Serviceable big gets you into the playoffs maybe... with good talent. We're not Miami or OKC and have outstanding talent and the ref's help. We have good talent that doesn't play flawless basketball. IN the wake of that, look at our rebounding versus these other teams. Look at our points in the paint vs. these other teams.

Tonight, we got outrebounded 62 to 47 and had to take a 9-22 team to 2 OTs to win. Fortunately, Detroit couldn't buy a foul otherwise, we would have lost this game.

Again this is not playstation or xbox and no this is not Fantasy Basketball either...sure Cousins is a better talent / upside than Al Horford..but Cousins is a Cancer sort of like JR Rider - remember him? WAKE UP no way you trade chemistry for upside...UNLESS you have a strong veteran / leadership presence in the locker room...which we dont have....

And btw when you play small ball like LD does it is almost a certainty that we will be out rebounded on any given night.

Edited by wolvetigers

Diesel . . this isn't like the argument you made back in the day, when you said that you'd trade Zach Randolph ( before he went to Memphis ) for Josh Smith. Zach was always a good and efficient player, just a perceived head case.Demarcus is totally different. Go and actually watch that kid play an entire game, not just highlight clips. That dude is as inefficient of a big man ( with talent ) than I've ever seen. It's a reason why his team is still sorry. And a lot of it has to do with him and his shot selection and his wildness.Give me Josh Smith anyday of the week over Demarcus.

Edited by northcyde