• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Numbers. (Josh Smith)

Diesel

Josh Smith contract.  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I don't think any player on this current roster is worth 15 million per. With that said, I'm starting to believe that Josh will be back. I don't think Ferry sees him as the centerpiece, but he definitely sees him as a part of this teams future.

• Premium Member

I don't think any player on this current roster is worth 15 million per. With that said, I'm starting to believe that Josh will be back. I don't think Ferry sees him as the centerpiece, but he definitely sees him as a part of this teams future.

One school of thought though is that Josh is not a player who will progress or remain the same over the next 5. His potential is on his ability to play athletically and that declines over time.

• Premium Member

I agree. I think we could see him used more at the three to take advantage of his size in the post more as his athleticism is what allowed him to play the four for so many years while being undersized. Similar to what we've seen with Shawn Marion.

Edited by Jody23

Just a simple question.We all agree that Brick is NOT 1st,2nd neither 3rd option on offense & he is not a centerpiece.only a complimentary guy.Most of you keep saying that Brick will always be Brick(DONKEY).So with adding 1st option scorer on this team,Bricks FGA will decline?Look at our roster.with so many scorers he keeps shooting.My point is,Brick as a complimentary guy needs to accept that role.Will he?Apology on bad english.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He is worth that money...

*GASP*

...but not with the way he plays now.

And he's not going to change. It's sad, but he's going to keep playing this same game. TBH, as far as offense is concerned, I would like to see him disappear. We don't need him trying to lead the team on offense. He is a VERY complimentary player in that regard. But, taken as a whole...what he does all over the court, he could be the most valuable piece we have.

Josh could be a force, but it is just ridiculous the way we have allowed him to develop. A complete waste. He's the most frustrating player I have ever seen....

• Premium Member

He is worth that money... *GASP* ...but not with the way he plays now. And he's not going to change. It's sad, but he's going to keep playing this same game. TBH, as far as offense is concerned, I would like to see him disappear. We don't need him trying to lead the team on offense. He is a VERY complimentary player in that regard. But, taken as a whole...what he does all over the court, he could be the most valuable piece we have. Josh could be a force, but it is just ridiculous the way we have allowed him to develop. A complete waste. He's the most frustrating player I have ever seen....

I agree, we are not going to get better with his hard headed ego.

No offense Wretch but you guys got to get away from that "could be" , "if", and "maybe". This dude has been in the leagur damn near 10 years. He is what he is. He is today what he will be tomorrow. The athleticism is alredy slipping away. We got the best years out of him we need to let him go. Hell i wonder we can work out a package with the Kings for Cousins.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No offense Wretch but you guys got to get away from that "could be" , "if", and "maybe". This dude has been in the leagur damn near 10 years. He is what he is. He is today what he will be tomorrow. The athleticism is alredy slipping away. We got the best years out of him we need to let him go. Hell i wonder we can work out a package with the Kings for Cousins.

I agree dude. I can't even argue with you. I guess I keep holding out hope that if we do keep him, that there is a plan to put an end to his bullshit. Perhaps bring in an alpha on this team and/or bring in a coach that can shut him out of the offense. We should be running our game through Teague and Horford. If we start Lou, or if he's on the floor, It should be those three carrying our team. We just don't need these shots from Smoove.

...what's really frustrating is that I have felt this way about Josh since I saw him swat 10 shots against Dallas...like 6 years ago.

Absolutely not. He is basically a glue guy/role player. He can make some highlight players, some big defensive plays, and at times can make some big plays offensively that can help you win the game. Having him at a number 1 or 2 option on offense can kill you. He is basically a 15 point guy with mediocre efficiency with 8 or 7 rebounds with 3 or 4 assist a block or 2 and a steal a game . Thats is never going to change.

The only way I can justify giving him that is if we are a contender and he separates us from a pretender to contender status.

• Premium Member

Typical Josh support with no sensible comments or references to back it up. Assuming others are jusy haters to not want to tie up huge amounts of money with him.

I said nothing about 'haters' or supporting Josh. I just thought it was typical that the team would be in 3rd place during what is supposed to be a rebuilding year and yet we still take the time to bash our own players. Josh is NOT worth a max contract. NOBODY on this team is worth the max. That's why I love this team of random parts. I'm proud of the way this team, including Smoove, has performed so far this season. They have shown tremendous heart for the most part. Stop trying to bait me into some ridiculous debate and stop being so defensive over nothing.Good day sir. Edited by hawkman

I said nothing about 'haters' or supporting Josh. I just thought it was typical that the team would be in 3rd place during what is supposed to be a rebuilding year and yet we still take the time to bash our own players. Josh is NOT worth a max contract. NOBODY on this team is worth the max. That's why I love this team of random parts. I'm proud of the way this team, including Smoove, has performed so far this season. They have shown tremendous heart for the most part. Stop trying to bait me into some ridiculous debate and stop being so defensive over nothing.Good day sir.

Who's baiting who? You were pretty quick to jump on and respond.I'm with you that I have enjoyed the season and think many others have also. But the future of Josh will have a giant impact on our team and these decisions will be made in the coming months. You're kidding yourself if you don't understand why this is a reoccurring topic. I don't see it as being negative. Just realistic. Edited by HawkFan

Josh is not worth max dollars and he won't change. EVERYBODY knows that. However while he is cleary not a #1 option on a championship team he is better than a 4th option too. Josh smith now and for rest of his career is a 15-17 pts, 7 or 8 rebs, 3 assists and 2 blocks guy which is a 3rd options numbers. But these topics coming up EVERY 3 days has got to stop. Seriously.

• Like 2

if the Hawks EVER want to get to the next level, they need to trade one of their 2 power forwards (Smith) and get a real center and move Horford to PF .I am hoping that this will happen next year. We will never get past round 2 of the playoffs until this happens.

Josh is not worth max dollars and he won't change. EVERYBODY knows that. However while he is cleary not a #1 option on a championship team he is better than a 4th option too. Josh smith now and for rest of his career is a 15-17 pts, 7 or 8 rebs, 3 assists and 2 blocks guy which is a 3rd options numbers. But these topics coming up EVERY 3 days has got to stop. Seriously.

• Like 1