• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Eastern Conf Player of the Week Could Be...

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

19.7 points, 1.7 steals, and 8.3 assists per game.

Perfect 100% free throw shooting.

45.5% on threes.

A career-high 27-point game.

Hit a three-pointer to erase Detroit’s final lead in overtime.

Nine straight points at the end of the game to close out Cleveland on the road.

Ten points in the final quarter versus the top defense in the NBA.

So, will Jeff Teague become the Hawks’ third NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week honoree this season?

I say it depends on what happens tonight, when Will Bynum’s Pistons take on Brandon Jennings and the Bucks.

If Will the Thrill (31 in the OT road loss at ATL, 25-and-10 in a home win against the Wade-less HEAT) can contribute significantly to a Pistons victory, then I think he’ll seize the pick.

Milwaukee has had multiple efficient contributors (including Monta Ellis, Larry Sanders, and Mike Dunleavy) in home victories over the Nets and the Wade-full HEAT, but Jennings’ week stands out the most (25.0 points, 2.5 steals, 6.5 assists, 45.5% on threes, 100 FT%). A big scoring night to close out the week 3-0 and take over the Central Division will probably give Jennings the edge.

But if neither Jennings nor Bynum leaves a big imprint on a win tonight, I think it’s Jeff’s award for the taking. What do you think?

~lw3

• Moderators

Jennings (3-for-12, 9 points, 4 assists) and Milwaukee fell short at Detroit, but Bynum (4-for-9, 8 points, 5 assists, 5 turnovers) was just a bit player for the Pistons. Monta played great (30 points, 9 assists, 2 turnovers) but again his Bucks fell short against a team the Hawks (barely) beat. So I think Jeff's on the inside track now.

For the week...

LeBron James: 29.3 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 7.3 APG, 3.5 SPG, 1.3 BPG, 58.0 FG%... 33 straight games w/ 20+ points... Miami (2-2) beat KD and OKC on Xmas Day, and the next night in Charlotte, but lost in Detroit (w/o Wade due to suspension) and in Milwaukee (w/ Wade back).

Monta Ellis: 21.3 PPG, 8.3 APG, 4.3 RPG, 4.0 SPG, 2.3 TO/G, 57.3 3FG%... Milwaukee (2-1) impressively beat Brooklyn (Ellis 20 points) and Miami (Ellis 14 points, 9 assists) at home but dropped a game on the road at Detroit (Ellis 30 points, 9 assists) despite a late charge.

Kyle Lowry: 16.5 PPG, 7.0 APG, 3.5 RPG, 1.0 SPG, 0.5 TO/G, 57.9 FG%, 42.9 3FG%... Toronto (2-0 w/ Lowry back from a triceps injury) won two road games at New Orleans and shorthanded Orlando. They lost in San Antonio without Lowry, but probably would have with him anyway.

Jeff Teague: 19.7 PPG, 8.3 APG, 3.0 RPG, 1.7 SPG, 3.3 TO/G, 50.0 FG%, 12-for-12 on FTs, 45.5 3FG%... Atlanta (3-0) edged Detroit in overtime, then closed out a road win in Cleveland (career high 27 points) before returning home to defeat Indiana without leading scorer Josh Smith.

Other nominees: Brandon Jennings (19.7 PPG, 5.7 APG), Al Horford (18.7 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 4.0 APG, 64.1 FG%)

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Teague IS this team's pg of the future. The guy has been flat out getting it done despite his detractors. I LOVE the way he's been taking over games as of late. But as much as I hate to say it, LBJ's numbers were insane. The guy is a friggin monster and he probably should win.

• Moderators

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/31/monta-ellis-greivis-vasquez-players-of-week/index.html

Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Atlanta's Al Horford and Jeff Teague, Brooklyn's Brook Lopez, Denver's Danilo Gallinari, Detroit's Will Bynum, Los Angeles Clippers' Chris Paul, Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge and San Antonio's Tony Parker.

Sorry, LeBron.

Bucks' Ellis, Hornets' Vasquez named Players of Week

Official release Posted Dec 31, 2012 1:39 PM

NEW YORK -- The Milwaukee Bucks' Monta Ellis and the New Orleans Hornets' Greivis Vasquez on Monday were named Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Dec. 24, through Sunday, Dec. 30.

Ellis led the Bucks to a 2-1 week, including wins over the Brooklyn Nets on Dec. 26 and Miami Heat on Dec. 29, with averages of 21.3 points (tied for seventh in the Conference), 8.3 assists (fourth in the Conference) and 4.0 steals (first in the Conference). Ellis had a 30-point game against the Detroit Pistons on Dec. 30 and tallied five-or-more steals against both the Nets and Heat.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I hate Monta Ellis. Dude actually said "Ain't no difference between me and D Wade. He just won a little more and got mo championships." Priceless.

I don't like how he said it but it's true to an extent.

He and Wade are simply scorers. The main difference is that Wade is a much better defender. If Ellis could block shots and get superstar calls he'd be Wade.

I don't like how he said it but it's true to an extent.He and Wade are simply scorers. The main difference is that Wade is a much better defender. If Ellis could block shots and get superstar calls he'd be Wade.

Cosign. That's why I never understood the hate he gets. He's a very good scorer, but just not a great defender.

• Admin

Cosign. That's why I never understood the hate he gets. He's a very good scorer, but just not a great defender.

Ellis is a stats guy...he puts up numbers but he is not a winner. Wade is a winner...he can put a team on his back and will them to win and have done it for many years before Lebron came. There is a huge difference between Wade and Ellis but it does not show up on the stat sheet.

Ellis is a stats guy...he puts up numbers but he is not a winner. Wade is a winner...he can put a team on his back and will them to win and have done it for many years before Lebron came. There is a huge difference between Wade and Ellis but it does not show up on the stat sheet.

This idea of a winner is overused. Dwayne Wade wins more because he is a better player. Thats not a knock on Ellis. Its just the reality of the situation. Wade is an outstanding athlete and scorer, but what really separates him from Ellis is the effort he gives defensively and about 30 lbs of muscle.