• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who do you think is the better fit for the Hawks ?

coachx

Who do you think is the better fit for the Hawks ?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Jefferson isn't a guy that is going to excite anyone. Frankly we aren't just trying to build a competitive team, we are trying to build a compelling one. For all Josh's faults he is still a game changer and an exciting player. Plus if we are unloading our talent we need to get younger and more dynamic.

Jefferson isn't a guy that is going to excite anyone. Frankly we aren't just trying to build a competitive team, we are trying to build a compelling one. For all Josh's faults he is still a game changer and an exciting player. Plus if we are unloading our talent we need to get younger and more dynamic.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh have another 3 - 5 years at the top of the Eastern Conference Mountain. I think we are trying to compete with them and I think Jefferson and Horford would cause them problems from a size and skill perspective in the post.........or we can stick with the status quo or just throw our hands up and rebuild the franchise in hopes of some lottery luck that pans out in 3 - 5 more years.

Paul and Howard are not coming to Atlanta.

I'm just not a Jefferson fan. I'm OK on Josh, but I get extremely frustrated by his ability to win and lose games for us.

We need to be thinking of guys like Cousins, who is going to be much better than Jefferson's best years. Just because Sac said "no" recently to trades for Cousins, doesn't mean they will keep saying "no".

I'm rocking with Josh. Up until a few nagging injuries this year, Josh is an Iron Man, so that puts him slightly over the top of a much smarter and lower-maintenance player with less athleticism and not much of a desire to be a great defender for me. But yeah, Cousins over both easily, although I don't see the disciplinarian in or around this franchise to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Edited by benhillboy

I wanted to revisit this after many of us got to see Al Jefferson 1st hand last week.

I must admit Jefferson moved better and passed better then I thought he did. He is not the black hole that I thought he might be on offense. The Jazz truely run their entire offense through him and he handles the ball failry well, for a center, around the perimeter.

After seeing Jefferson vs. Atlanta I want him more now then before. It would be great to have an offensive post anchor, like him, to run some half court sets through.

I'd gladly let Smith walk in free agency if it meant adding Jefferson for a decent contract.

How did your impressions of Jefferson change after watching him last week vs. Atlanta ?

The Jazz beat the Heat last night with Jefferson as the offensive center piece.

Jefferson finished with 23 points and 11 rebounds on 8/14 shootings and 7/8 on free throws. (Nice top have a guy who gets to the fould line too.)

The Jazz frontline dominated holding Bosh to 1 rebound and Haslem to 5 rebounds.

You beat the Heat with physical frontcourt domination (much like how the Bulls beat us last night).The Jazz guards were Jamal Tinsley (who has barely played the last 4 years) and Randy Foye (who jumps from team to team each year).

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1