• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Does Josh Know Something About Dwight's Plans...?

Bahamut

With all the "um's" and "uh's," this video is hard to watch, but at around 8:15:

Vince Cellini

You ever think about playing with Dwight again?

Josh Smith

Who wouldn't want to play with one of the most dominant big men in the league? Everybody wants him, he's a hot commodity ... Right now he's getting his health back right and his conditioning back right ... When he gets here, he's gonna be a monster.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/01/11/20130110-josh-smith.nba

Josh may have meant, "when his health gets there, he's going to be a monster," but on first blush, it sounded like he knows Dwight's coming here. Listen for yourself...

Edited by Bahamut
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

And it is the only reason Smoove stopped demanding a trip out of here. Think about it.

It's the only logical reason I can think of to explain why Ferry refuses to consider dealing Smoove and Smoove did an immediate about face on his trade demands. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

C - Howard

PF - Horford

SF - Smith

...the most dominating and highest scoring front court in the league. I see 50 points, 30 rebounds per game outta just those 3 guys. Just gotta decide what to do with the back court and bench.

I dont like that frontcourt. If we get d12 I would be interested in shopping horford for a scoring wing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

C - HowardPF - HorfordSF - Smith ...the most dominating and highest scoring front court in the league. I see 50 points, 30 rebounds per game outta just those 3 guys. Just gotta decide what to do with the back court and bench.

I like that lineup, but I concur about the backcourt. And is there a plan B assuming the above is plan A?

If Howard comes to Atlanta Horford will be gone due to salary implications. Howard will want the most money so a straight up trade this season would make the most sense. When does the new CBA kick in? I ask because teams in the luxury won't be able to sign and trade so that might severely limit the Lakers this offseason

• Admin

I dont like that frontcourt. If we get d12 I would be interested in shopping horford for a scoring wing.

I agree, not a fan of that front court either...however it is Smith that needs to go. Horford and Howard would be a much more effective duo as their games compliemtb each other better. Resign Korver to play Sf and that would be a far better front court
  • Like 1

For D12 to be effective offensively he needs players around him who can spread the floor and can actually shoot. No matter how you spin it Josh CANNOT shoot.

I can see it now HACK-A-DWIGHT or HACK-A-SMOOVE.

For D12 to be effective offensively he needs players around him who can spread the floor and can actually shoot. No matter how you spin it Josh CANNOT shoot.

I can see it now HACK-A-DWIGHT or HACK-A-SMOOVE.

I think it can work. We just need good coaching, and our PG/SG/SF has to be able to score and space the floor.

If the clippers can find a way to make blake griffin and deandre jordan to work on offense (even though cp3 is a huge reason) we can find a way to make it work.

Edited by yungsta