• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Does Josh Know Something About Dwight's Plans...?

Bahamut

Can't we have all three? This Smoove vs Horf stuff needs to stop. They seem to like playing with each other with the way they try to find each other for lobs all the time. Does it always have to be either/or?

if we get howard and smoove a perimeter player that can score and guard the opposing team's best wing player will be a much bigger need than horford...

I think it can work. We just need good coaching, and our PG/SG/SF has to be able to score and space the floor.

If the clippers can find a way to make blake griffin and deandre jordan to work on offense (even though cp3 is a huge reason) we can find a way to make it work.

Deandre doesn't demand 16 shots a game and plays less than 25 minutes a night too.

For D12 to be effective offensively he needs players around him who can spread the floor and can actually shoot. No matter how you spin it Josh CANNOT shoot.

I can see it now HACK-A-DWIGHT or HACK-A-SMOOVE.

If the front line is Dwight/Horford/Smith than maintaining Devin Harris and Korver is a must. That IMO is the best starting lineup to pair with that front line.

Now the question is can you keep Zaza/Ivan for the bench and convince Lou to play PG with Jenkins on the second unit.

Do you people actually think that Dwight is going to give up 25 million dollars, just to play in Atlanta with his buddy?25 MILLION?Come on now.

Have you ever thought about the players that we have? We have players to make 3 way trade. He will not be with the Lakers. Lakers are on their way down. he does not want to stay there

I have to agree that Dwight doesn't strike me as the type to think that the extra 25 mil is worth all the headaches that come with it. The LA and national media aren't crucifying him now because attention is going to Mike Brown, D'Antoni over Phil and of course, Pau. Add to it that their fans are skittish because of his contract situation but once he's locked in longterm there isn't any escaping their wrath. They are pretty much locked in for another season to the same guys so given Dwight's attention span of a fruit fly he might get skittish about wasting two years of his prime out there before meaningful change happens and he gets the reigns.As is, I think it would take a miracle run to and through the playoffs or the Lakers somehow trading little wanted parts for another young star to fully shut the door on Dwight leaving. Expect Kevin Love for Pau in 3.....2......1

Just adding fuel to the fire. I've always wondered if Josh is taking so many jumpers this year because he knows this season is just a transition before Dwight gets here. If/when Dwight is in Atlanta then there won't be much room in the paint for Smoove so he might as well try to improve his jumper while he can.

Have you ever thought about the players that we have? We have players to make 3 way trade. He will not be with the Lakers. Lakers are on their way down. he does not want to stay there

That means that we can't wait until the end of the season to make a trade for him though. We have to do that deal NOW . . . which will NOT happen . . because the Lakers are at least going to play this out for the rest of the season.So once again, do you really think Dwight is going to give up 25 million, just to play with Josh Smith and come to a city that he's NEVER said he wanted to come to?

And that's the big thing in all of this. Dwight has still not said that he wants to play in Atlanta. Yet, some of you still are holding onto some belief that he'd come here at season's end.All Dwight has to do is say . . "I want to come home to play for the Hawks. I want to play with my dude Josh Smith."Why hasn't he said this?

• Like 1

And that's the big thing in all of this. Dwight has still not said that he wants to play in Atlanta. Yet, some of you still are holding onto some belief that he'd come here at season's end.

All Dwight has to do is say . . "I want to come home to play for the Hawks. I want to play with my dude Josh Smith."

Why hasn't he said this?

Oh but he did want to go to the Nets... right?

There were a lot of signs to tell you he wanted to come to Atlanta. The Magic were not going to give him that wish.

Why do you think D-Will got mad at D-Howard? It's because he knows Howard had a change of heart. The reason why Dwight hasn't said he wants to be a Laker after this season is because he doesn't. The LA media has asked him time and time again in so many ways, "do you want to be with the Lakers."

Here are some key signs...

(parallel phrases)

Smoove: "Me and Danny have talked. He and I have a good understanding of which way this franchise want to go."

Danny: “He’s excited for next season,” he said. “We haven’t really gone in that direction with him [on roster plans]. But we’ve talked about how we’re going to play. We’ve talked about other players. His ideas, my ideas. I’m just trying to establish a relationship.”

Link to Danny's quote. http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2012/07/25/hawks-ferry-doesnt-see-josh-smith-going-anywhere/

Next you here is Deron Williams is mad at Dwight Howard.... Why? because he knows Dwight wants to come home baby! lol

• Premium Member

I'm as skeptical as anyone regarding this possibility of Dwight. But I firmly do believe that Josh is excited about something. The guy basically did a 180 on his at least two year trade request BEFORE the season even started. I don't buy that the hiring of Ferry and the clearing of cap space as being the sole reasons of that. Say what you will about Josh, he ain't a dummy. He's on record as saying that at this point in his career, he wants to contend for titles. He knows that playing on a mediocre team ain't gonna cut it. He's done that for the last six years and was one of the reasons he wanted out. So to me, the real question is why does Josh all of a sudden want to stay?

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

C - Howard

PF - Horford

SF - Smith

...the most whining front court in the league. I see 50 points, 30 rebounds per game outta just those 3 guys. Just gotta decide what to do with the back court and bench.

I'd still take it though, as long as Josh playing the 3 doesn't mean he attempts any 3's. Ever.