• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Return of Joe... Will you be applauding?

ATLscrubLove

In light of the terrible Marvin vid the Hawks put up on the jumbo tron tonight I realized that Joe will be here in a few days. I wonder if he will get a standing ovation from the crowed... I'm kinda mixed myself but I will definitely be attending to see what goes down. Hopefully he comes out for shoot-around, when he comes by me I'll make sure to film.

Hell naw. I hate his game and don't like him. Never viewed him as a Hawk. Just a glorified journeyman mercenary all about the money. I'll be rooting for one of his patented 2 free throw attempts, 2 rebounds, 4-15 shooting, 12 point stinkers with an airball and a dribble off the foot mixed in.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

If I was at the game, I'd take 5 seconds out of my life and stand and clap for him. I don't miss a minute of watching any Hawks games, and that's a commitment because I'm a fanatic. He was a big part of why we became somewhat relevant again. He deserves it, hate him or not.

• Like 1

Which JJ will we get for this visit. Jeckl or Hyde?

Scores over 20 points, hits the winning shots or

The JJ that goes 4-25, turns the ball over a lot and

rims out a free throw or two?

As a former Hawk, I hope he gets a round of applause

when he's introduced - - - And that's it.

Hopefully, we get the second JJ above, and not the 1st.

GO HAWKS!!

Considering how much Devin got up for the game last night against the Jazz, I am thinking Joe will will come to the arena ready to play. It will be on us to not let him hit wide open shots or dribble to an open lane. I would hate for Joe to beat us.

How can you not applaud Joe Johnson. He came here as a FA when no one else would. You cant hold his contract against him, the Hawks offered and he took it. 99% of all professional players wouldve taken that contract too.

We as supporters over valued him and expected so much. Joe has never caused any trouble or brought shame to the Hawks as a player. I would hope that we turn into a powerhouse and sign him as FA when his contract expires. I would love for us to win a title even with Joe on the bench.

Someone pull up our record from 2000-2005 and pull up our record after Joe got here, heck who was our all star representive before Joe got here?

Some of yall sound like bitter fans

• Like 4

I can't....I just can't. I never felt he made a shot for me or the team. I always felt he made a shot in the lane to justify his next contract.

Seriously? Remember the Hawks offered him a contract, he just signed it.

I will give him a golf clap.

He gave us some good memories such as the game 4 against the celtics in 08, game 1 against chicago, and occasionally going off in the regular season against bottom feeders but he also gave us an equal amount of stinkers and no shows.

Which JJ will we get for this visit. Jeckl or Hyde?Scores over 20 points, hits the winning shots orThe JJ that goes 4-25, turns the ball over a lot andrims out a free throw or two? As a former Hawk, I hope he gets a round of applausewhen he's introduced - - - And that's it. Hopefully, we get the second JJ above, and not the 1st. GO HAWKS!!

LOL @ 4 - 25.That's Jamal Crawford or Josh Smith you're talking about . . . not Joe Johnson. Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

I think Joe has really proved this year that he is a 2nd option at best. He seems to be playing a lot better being the Robin to D Will.

What's going on in Brooklyn isn't a Batman and Robin situation. D-Will is "billed" as a Batman, but he hasn't been close to that all year. Lopez has arguably been the best player on that team.Brooklyn is more like The Avengers.Deron = Iron ManJJ = Captain AmericaLopez = ThorGerald Wallace = Nick Fury . . . ( Nets fans think Gerald is the true leader and heart and soul of the team )Reggie Evans = Hulk

Hawks should definitely do this right. JJ is going to go down as one of the top 10 Hawks of all time, whether people like it or not. He spent 7 years here and represented the franchise well on and off the court. He wasn't a superstar, but he was a major reason why we became relevant again as a franchise. The people who wouldn't at least clap for him on his 1st return to ATL, or when a mini tribute video comes on ( which the Hawks should definitely do ), simply wouldn't clap for him out of spite. And remember, JJ NEVER asked to be traded. No matter what people think of the dude, this is STILL the best moment in Atlanta playoff history. Had Dominique pulled out the win @ Boston in 1988, this would be the best moment.

But because Nique DIDN'T win that game, this is the best moment in franchise history. The moment that kept all of you as Hawk fans captivated and believing that we're building something great for the future.
Listen to the arena. Listen to it. You may NEVER hear it like that EVER again. I don't care if some of you don't like the dude or not. Don't you EVER forget what he did for this franchise. This was the moment that gave ALL of us hope for the future. And we haven't been a bad team since.
  • Like 2

How can you not applaud Joe Johnson. He came here as a FA when no one else would. You cant hold his contract against him, the Hawks offered and he took it. 99% of all professional players wouldve taken that contract too.

We as supporters over valued him and expected so much. Joe has never caused any trouble or brought shame to the Hawks as a player. I would hope that we turn into a powerhouse and sign him as FA when his contract expires. I would love for us to win a title even with Joe on the bench.

Someone pull up our record from 2000-2005 and pull up our record after Joe got here, heck who was our all star representive before Joe got here?

Some of yall sound like bitter fans

Atlanta Hawks 2005-2006...first year Joe played here. 26-56, Next to last in the East.

also new that year - Josh in the starting lineup, Marvin and Zaza

2006-2007 ... 30-52, Marvin/Josh/Childress/Zaza now regulars in the rotation.

2007-2008 .... 37-45. Al Horford and Mike Bibby arrive. We make the playoffs but are still under .500

Notice that Joe Johnson's arrival + the addition of 3 players brought the Hawks 13 more wins. Joe was here 3 full years without us going over .500. Save me the Joe saved the franchise speeches. It was the growth of Smith and Horford that brought this team to the promised land as evidenced by the Hawks record post Johnson/Bibby/Williams. Also evidenced by the assembly of a team so good Joe is the 3rd option and they are looking up at the Hawks in the standings.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

Atlanta Hawks 2005-2006...first year Joe played here. 26-56, Next to last in the East.also new that year - Josh in the starting lineup, Marvin and Zaza 2006-2007 ... 30-52, Marvin/Josh/Childress/Zaza now regulars in the rotation. 2007-2008 .... 37-45. Al Horford and Mike Bibby arrive. We make the playoffs but are still under .500 Notice that Joe Johnson's arrival + the addition of 3 players brought the Hawks 13 more wins. Joe was here 3 full years without us going over .500. Save me the Joe saved the franchise speeches. It was the growth of Smith and Horford that brought this team to the promised land as evidenced by the Hawks record post Johnson/Bibby/Williams. Also evidenced by the assembly of a team so good Joe is the 3rd option and they are looking up at the Hawks in the standings.

The growth of Smith and Horford . . . along with Johnson's growth as the lead guy . . . is what brought this team out of the depths of hell ( not the promised land. Say it right, if you're going to say it.Heck, even Lebron or Kobe wouldn't have finished .500 with the 2005 - 06 team that JJ came to. And remember that JJ got hurt and missed the last 25 or so games in the 2006 - 07 campaign.Hate if you want to, but you can't deny what the dude did while he was here. Almost every playoff game we DID WIN, he played a significant part in that victory.