• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smoove buys presents for teammates...

Ruckus

@ATLHawks: RT @ESPNMag: Josh Smith bought his team mini iPads to watch film. "I hope they don't expect anything for a while!" he told us. #PerfectIssueAs much as I talk negatively about Josh, reading this on Twitter a few mins ago made me smile. I wish he would also watch film though.

@ATLHawks: RT @ESPNMag: Josh Smith bought his team mini iPads to watch film. "I hope they don't expect anything for a while!" he told us. #PerfectIssueAs much as I talk negatively about Josh, reading this on Twitter a few mins ago made me smile. I wish he would also watch film though.

There's a thread about Josh knowing Dwight's plans and it has a video in it. Watch the video. It discusses Josh watching game film for defensive positioning and how/what he practices.

There's a thread about Josh knowing Dwight's plans and it has a video in it. Watch the video. It discusses Josh watching game film for defensive positioning and how/what he practices.

He must not study any film of his offense. I hope Ferry dumps both Drew and Josh. Josh doesn't play the right way and Drew allows it. So sick of both of them.
  • Like 2

He must not study any film of his offense. I hope Ferry dumps both Drew and Josh. Josh doesn't play the right way and Drew allows it. So sick of both of them.

Yes because we would be a much better team for getting rid of Josh for nothing. /sarcasm

Yes because we would be a much better team for getting rid of Josh for nothing. /sarcasm

With Josh Smith, as your highest paid player, this team is going no where. By no where I mean some where between a #6 - #4 seed in the playoffs and probably 1st round exit again. Smith doesn't have enough trade value to get much back in a trade b/c coaches don't want to him coach him because they know how easy it is to coach against him.

You can't have your key player - highest paid player playing right into the game plan of the opposing team every night by jacking up repeated bad shots. I guarantee you the scouting report every team looks at says to lay off Josh, on the perimeter, because he will jack up 7 or 8 bad shots per game that will bail the defense out. That is why he will never earn the coaches vote to make an allstar team and that is why we can't get much for him in a trade.

We have a better shot at getting a legit star in the lottery then we do trading Josh Smith or hoping Dwight Howard leaves $25 mill on the table in LA to sign with Atlanta. From what I hear, Dwight wants no part of Atlanta b/c he has too many friends / family in his home town that are money vampires thinking he should pay their bills for them. He doesn't want that drama and its hard to blame him.

• Premium Member

With Josh Smith, as your highest paid player, this team is going no where. By no where I mean some where between a #6 - #4 seed in the playoffs and probably 1st round exit again. Smith doesn't have enough trade value to get much back in a trade b/c coaches don't want to him coach him because they know how easy it is to coach against him. You can't have your key player - highest paid player playing right into the game plan of the opposing team every night by jacking up repeated bad shots. I guarantee you the scouting report every team looks at says to lay off Josh, on the perimeter, because he will jack up 7 or 8 bad shots per game that will bail the defense out. That is why he will never earn the coaches vote to make an allstar team and that is why we can't get much for him in a trade. We have a better shot at getting a legit star in the lottery then we do trading Josh Smith or hoping Dwight Howard leaves $25 mill on the table in LA to sign with Atlanta. From what I hear, Dwight wants no part of Atlanta b/c he has too many friends / family in his home town that are money vampires thinking he should pay their bills for them. He doesn't want that drama and its hard to blame him.

I really can't argue any of this. I'm not against the Hawks re-signing Josh. But I vehemently disagree with the Hawks making him the centerpiece of the team. However, I think Josh knows he isn't that guy and Danny Ferry has to know it too.

With Josh Smith, as your highest paid player, this team is going no where. By no where I mean some where between a #6 - #4 seed in the playoffs and probably 1st round exit again. Smith doesn't have enough trade value to get much back in a trade b/c coaches don't want to him coach him because they know how easy it is to coach against him. You can't have your key player - highest paid player playing right into the game plan of the opposing team every night by jacking up repeated bad shots. I guarantee you the scouting report every team looks at says to lay off Josh, on the perimeter, because he will jack up 7 or 8 bad shots per game that will bail the defense out. That is why he will never earn the coaches vote to make an allstar team and that is why we can't get much for him in a trade. We have a better shot at getting a legit star in the lottery then we do trading Josh Smith or hoping Dwight Howard leaves $25 mill on the table in LA to sign with Atlanta. From what I hear, Dwight wants no part of Atlanta b/c he has too many friends / family in his home town that are money vampires thinking he should pay their bills for them. He doesn't want that drama and its hard to blame him.

BS.

So you agree with everything else.................at least your starting to coming around. : )

Well honestly, I never disagreed with most of what you're saying. I just get tired of everyone making Josh Smith the scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the team. For those who can remember, I was very critical of Josh when I first started posting here (can't believe its almost been 5 years). I just recognize he contributes more to this team's success than its failures.

What I am getting from this post it that Josh attempted to buy everyone iPads for the mere fact that they will keep dishing him the ball at the 3 pt line... Smoove, if your reading this. A brand new 70 inch LED tv mounted above the fireplace would surely make watching those bricked 3s alot easier on these eyes. Ill let you choose the brand.

• Like 1

What I am getting from this post it that Josh attempted to buy everyone iPads for the mere fact that they will keep dishing him the ball at the 3 pt line... Smoove, if your reading this. A brand new 70 inch LED tv mounted above the fireplace would surely make watching those bricked 3s alot easier on these eyes. Ill let you choose the brand.

Ok...u made me spit on on laptop...lol